News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I know you guys are probally tired of new Challenger threads...

Started by 69bronzeT5, July 15, 2008, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

But...I saw one today :). I've wanted to see one forever and I finally did today! It was on a transporter full of new Mustangs. It was an orange one. The new Challengers look great in pics but even more great in person :drool5:. Sorry, no pics..I didnt have my camera with me.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BrianShaughnessy

Very. very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very tired of them.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BigBlackDodge

I've yet to see one in person...................... :-\

BBD

G-man

Now that i seen it, toooooooooooo much body up front. Looks like a baloon.

O well, itl never be the real thing so hopefully it doesnt last very long. New charger however needs to die by end of this year.  :rofl:

1970RT

I got to ride in one last week.  The husband of a woman I work with has the only one I have seen in my area.  She drove it to work and I talked her into giving me a ride at lunch.  It was nice but for $50,000+ I dont know that I would have bought one.  But then again I wouldnt pay that kind of money for an original challenger either.  Looks like a regular R/T is supposed to MSRP for around $30,000 so if a 5.7 R/T actually sells for high 20's that might not be such a bad deal.

WingCharger

I dont underdstand why a manual trany is MORE expensive than an auto????? :rotz:

They are awesome though. You have to buy the R/T to get a manual, and they are EXPENSIVE. :rotz:

I wonder how one would look with a black vinyl..... :scratchchin:

moparchris

I had an 09 SRT tenatively ordered through my friends dealership but the more I looked at it I just couldn't come to terms with the proportions of the car.  No matter how I looked at it just isn't right.  Add to this the limited color choices on the SRT (only 3 available), side windows that don't roll down, 4100 lb weight and gas mileage that promises to be dismal, I said screw it and orderd an 09 'vette instead.  The 'vette was just a little bit more in cost but it provides mucho more performance and mileage.  After 30 years of Mopar and two hemi Chargers currently in the garage (68 RT, 69 500)  it should be interesting to own a car from the enemy.

CHARGERMAN2007_69

i will say one thing i test drove one from a dealership we just got in and they handle damn good
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

41husk

They look a little thick at the doors but I still like it better than the new Charger :yesnod:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

CHARGERMAN2007_69

1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

konigcharger

i saw three, all orange, identically optioned...  :eek2:

they are nice but how about some variation

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

CHARGERMAN2007_69

i cant wait till next year when the new ones come out cause their puting a 7.1 liter hemi in them
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

keepat

Chrysler did a great job with the car, it's a little fat and could use some stainless around the windows but all in all it's an Awesome car to drive! And I think its a great value for the $$
Pat

mally69

Does any one have any track numbers on these things?  Those new challengers need some chrome on them like chrome bumpers or somthing they seem to plain.  :P  looks like a big fat catfish looking at ya with 4 eyes.

68charger383

I'm not tired yet. I live in Los Angeles and drive quite a bit for work, yet to see one on the road except for the factory car that was at the Spring Fling. It was nice, they left it unguarded with the windows down so you could really get a nice look at it.

I guess when they are as common as chargers, I'll be tired, but as of right now I still want one (white vert, with black top, stripes and interior) but only when they go back to normal prices.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Tigger

I'm burned out on the new challenger too. Chrysler(oops), Daimler did a very good job of keeping the original 1970 design and should get lots of praise for it. But, its still a knock off and its 15 minutes of fame are running out fast. Like all of our beloved Mopars from the 60's and 70's, they were just viewed as transportation, and so will these. ITS A CAR!
We have a silver one here at the dealership, and it sold for 62K.(20K) over msrp. That is bullshit, and i have to wonder if the people that buy these think they are going to have a modern version of a 426 Challenger. :scratchchin:
If you have the means and the will to buy one(SRT), more power to ya.  :Twocents:

I love when the SRT  and Viper guys come rolling into the dealership and act if we have to stop what were doing and only help them like their a top priority.All we do is laugh, and tell them your vehicle will be attended to as soon as the appointments that were here BEFORE you are taken care of. If you drive a Neon, Caravan, Ram, SRT, it does not matter, everyone is treated the same way.  :yesnod:

ericklovescharger

My Dad just got his.he got it for a discount since he works at chrysler.It's just a car though.see it's 2:47 am about 15 minutes from the ghetto (Detroit) and it's last car in my driveway.It's a fast ass car and handles good.I wooped some ricer that pulled up to me  at the stoplight burnned the tires to show some friends.came home Dad asks "what took so long"?They didn't have mountain dew at mobil so i went to the grocery store!LOL

Shakey

Personally, I am more tired of the bashfests that are aimed at the new, well not so new, Charger.  Hell, it's been on the road for 2 + years now and some are still pissing and moaning about it, even in this thread.

Timeline of events:

2004 - The masses ask for a V-8 RWD car from Mopar.
2006 - It's released and has four doors instead of two.
2006 - The masses ask for a V-8 RWD car with 2 doors.
2008 - It's released and the whining continues.

::)

moparstuart

Quote from: Shakey on July 18, 2008, 05:48:25 AM

Personally, I am more tired of the bashfests that are aimed at the new, well not so new, Charger.  Hell, it's been on the road for 2 + years now and some are still pissing and moaning about it, even in this thread.

Timeline of events:

that challenger is bad ass  no whining about it by me !    
    I actuallly saw one out on the road in the wild the other day . Just lifted my spirits seeing it .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

rich4406bbl

I agree also. Stop complaining about it. I went on the Dodge website and priced out a 6-speed R/T version and it came in with a sticker of just over 33K. I'm sure if I order it that way I can get it down for under 30 w/o tax.

challenger70

Quote from: Shakey on July 18, 2008, 05:48:25 AM

Timeline of events:

The new Charger has only been out that long? Christ it seems like forever!  Oh, and they are lame. :D
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

C_stripes

I have seen two. A black one on a transport truck, no camera. And this orange one on the freeway in Salt Lake City. It sounded bad ass.Jeremy
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.