News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any Drummers here?

Started by ronv, August 11, 2007, 03:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronv

Wow, the guitar thread was huge. So are there any drummers out there?
My kit is a Ludwig with 13" and 14" toms and 16 & 18" floor toms. My kick is 24" with a double pedal(just added) and now I am playing with a black beauty snare.
I have a bunch of cymbals mostly Paiste except for the ride that is a zildjan(larger bell).
My influences are of course John Bonham, Mitch Mitchel and Vinnie Colaiuta.

70charger_boy

I've been playing for 27 years.  I still have my old Slingerland.  I have it in my living room just for display.  My influences are Mitch Mitchell, Neil Pert, John Bonham, Stuart Copeland, Carter Beauford, Matt Cameron and Dennis Chamber's and the great KEITH MOON

Plus I also have a Kay guitar that I love

69bronzeT5

Quote from: ronv on August 11, 2007, 03:03:18 PM
Wow, the guitar thread was huge. So are there any drummers out there?

Yea, the guitar thread got wayyy bigger than I thought it would. I drum once in a while...
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Old Moparz

I thought there was a drummer thread, but forgot about it.   :eek2:

I have a Pearl Export set up with Paiste cymbals that I bought around 1990 or 1991. Never took any lessons, but I did get a couple of instructional tapes to get started. I've only jammed with a few friends at home in my living room, but that fizzed out when one guy, named Mark, (guitar) moved to AZ. The other guy, Gary, (bass) had owned a music shop was very busy & also got married, so we never had time to find someone else to play guitar. I had wished we did, because Gary died this past summer & we never follwed through on it.  :'(

Anyway, here's a recent pic of me & the drums in the corner of my living room. The living room is a bit crowded, the other corner has my wife's upright acoustic bass, 2 amps, & a couple of her guitars.  :lol:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Brock Samson

how ya like that line 6 Orlando?..

70charger_boy

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 28, 2007, 11:05:51 PM
how ya like that line 6 Orlando?..

Absolutely, outstanding!!!!  Really great bang for your buck.

1972Rallye

Yep.  Play as a hobby only.  Drums are Tama Rockstar Customs in Amber.  All hardware is Tama as well except the Throne.  Cymbals are all Paiste Signature Series.  My primary snare is a 14" 10-ply maple that I veneered w/birdseye maple and fitted with matching hardware.  It's a beauty!

My influences are: Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater, Neal Morse & Transatlantic), Neil Peart (Rush), Scott Rockenfield (Queensryche), Mark Zonder (Fates Warning), Chris Quirarte (Redemption), Nick D'Virgilio (Spock's Beard & Neal Morse), Paul Craddick (Enchant & Xen), John Bonham (Zeppelin), Simon Kirk (Bad Company), Alan White (Yes), Etc....

69bronzeT5

My friend is a majorly awesome drummer. He has a Taye Rock Pro (or Pro Rock) drumset. Double bass drums, abunch of floor toms and toms. Tons of cymbals. His set gets bigger by the month. Here it is in March 07.

Sorry for the blurriness
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Old Moparz

I forgot to mention some of the drummers that I had liked over the years. The ones who motivated me to finally buy mine.

Carl Palmer from Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Bill Bruford from Yes & King Crimson, Terry Bozzio who's played with Frank Zappa & Jeff Beck, Danny Gotlieb from Pat Metheny's band, Jerry Marotta who's played with Peter Gabriel, Jack DeJonette, Ginger Baker, & a few more that escape me right now.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

70charger_boy

Purple440

Lars Ulrich!!   :rofl:

How about Carter Beauford, Dennis Chambers, and Nick Menza?

Chambers in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8l-oMi9_HY&mode=related&search=

Old Moparz

I've been listening to a couple of CD's I bought recently by this drummer named Stanton Moore.

Stanton Moore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX6GPzpbUCo&mode=related&search=

(Frank Zappa) Terry Bozzio - The Black Page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDwRJK8bpb4&mode=related&search=
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

70charger_boy

How about Carter Beauford, Dennis Chambers, and Nick Menza?

Chambers in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8l-oMi9_HY&mode=related&search=

Ah, I already said them on my first post  Dennis Chambers is really great and I met Carter Beuford.  He is really down to earth

Purple440

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 30, 2007, 05:49:36 AM
Ah, I already said them on my first post  Dennis Chambers is really great and I met Carter Beuford.  He is really down to earth

Sorry didn't see that.  I guess I'm seconding your motion  :2thumbs:

70charger_boy

I also like the drummer for tower of power David Garibaldi.  The song Squib Cakes has a kick ass beat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdyTOpK6yoI&mode=related&search=

Old Moparz

Thought this was interesting enough to post & revive the thread with.  :D

Terry Bozzio - Time Lapse of Kit Being Set Up
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BMOTOXSTAR

This post was brought back from the dead....Bang on da' drum...... :icon_smile_big:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Foreman72

hey look, the second thing i love besides cars, music! :icon_smile_big:

I play some drums, guitar (i'll be honest, i picked it up cuz of a girl :icon_smile_wink:) and some bass.

but the thing i do most around music is mixing. live and in the studio, all tho live is considerably better.  I've been behind a board since i was like 10 and i'm 17 now.  But i think its just as much an instrument as the ones on the stage, and having an ability to play the instruments i'm mixing has definitely  helped me become better at both mixing and playing...

but this is about drums huh haha

so i play at church alot, friends kits and such. i don't really own a kit but i still think i could keep a band going and then some  :lol:

influences:Carter Beuford is insane,( i love DMB as a whole to)
               Keith Moon for sure
               Neil Pert
               John Bonham
               Sib Hashian (drummer early on for the band Boston)
              Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers)

There sure are alot of good drummers out there huh...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Finn

My good friend and I both drum. He ran out of room at his place though so we recently moved it over to mine and combined my Yamaha electric with his Tama.
I play guitar also, though not as well.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L