News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have a shot of a hemi car with a trans cooler?

Started by Mfr426, July 15, 2008, 11:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hello all, I got the B&M supercooler for my 69 and would like to install it like the hemi cars with the trans coolers. I have some shots of it on Chris's car but was looking for a shot of one from an original hemi car.

Can anyone help?

Thanks all.

Mike R in Reading PA

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have a few from when I did my "research"
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

Chris, what took you so long?  :lol:

This pic looks like it is in line with the radiator (still)? Is that how they did it at the factory?

This is perfect. Thanks (again).  :cheers:

Mike

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yep.....looking at the service manual pic you can see its plumbed in line with the rad cooler
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

That seems to defeat the purpose of helping to keep the motor cool by taking the trans fluid cooling to an external cooler?  :scratchchin:

I think I'll bypass that radiator completly and put the cooling load on the new B/M. Looks like you did that as well.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Mfr426 on July 16, 2008, 05:20:33 AM
That seems to defeat the purpose of helping to keep the motor cool by taking the trans fluid cooling to an external cooler?  :scratchchin:

Yes & no....rule of thumb & the reason for keeping the rad cooler in the loop is to warm up the trans fluid faster for better shifting.  This applies more to cold weather driving.

Yes I did eliminate the rad cooler form the picture on my car....no cold weather driving for me here ;)

PS----missed you at Carlisle (I think) & didnt get to ask how the engine was.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

Ahhhhhh...good point about the heating up for better cold weather shifts. That makes sense. Now if I can duplicate that run I'll be golden.

Yep, I saw you Chris walking away from me twice  :shruggy: I figured it was planned.  :smilielol:

I did stop at the tent on Sat around 10AM. I went back around 1ish and it was empty. I would have liked to buy a new shirt and make a donation to the club in person.

New motor ran perfect and mileage was OK for the build. I figure about 10-12 on the trip. I took it fairly easy. The new motor can easily get away from you if you are not careful and I dont need any scratches on my paint. I came in Sat AM and left Sun AM. Wife and 2 daughters want me home these days.

Just 6T9 CHGR

You should have given me one of these  :slap: & stopped me.   It wasnt on purpose believe me....

Fine Lines & others actually sell the pre bent lines for Hemi/Auto cars to make it easier....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 16, 2008, 04:16:36 PM
You should have given me one of these  :slap: & stopped me.   It wasnt on purpose believe me....

Fine Lines & others actually sell the pre bent lines for Hemi/Auto cars to make it easier....

I guess the lines are designed for the factory cooler? I wonder if I can rebend and terminate them to work with the B/M?

I actually hung out with Mike Bayon and his family (and my buddy) for the weekend. Mike's a heck of a nice guy and a fellow NY'er (for you).