News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Timing Chain

Started by john108, July 14, 2008, 09:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

I received an excellant recommendation for Comp timing chains but wondered if anyone here had experience with the timing set discussed below. 
I was about to order a Comp cams Hi-Tech CCA-3125 double roller 3 bolt timing set $69.95, BUT then I saw the S.A. Gear Billet Roller Timing Chain advertised, for not much more.
It sounds like it is real good, but advertising always makes things sound good. 

"3 Bolt High Performance w/ 9 Keyway and Thrust Bearing
Big block Mopar S.A. Gear high performance timing chain. Features an oversize heavy duty .250" dia. seamless double row true roller chain, 9 keyway crank sprocket (+8 to -8 degree cam adjustment), and built in roller thrust bearing. Billet steel cam sprocket, hardened steel crank sprocket, and pre-stretched chain. Fits '58+ 350, 361, 383, 400, 413, 426W, 440, and Hemi big blocks with 3 bolt cams.
S.A. Gear timing sets are a perfect choice. This timing set can not be beat for this price! Sprockets made in USA, chain in Japan."

Also, is it acceptable to use a set with a thrust bearing, and if so, does anything special have to be done or something to be aware of?
--john

Chryco Psycho

I use the JP perfoprmance billet chains with the thrust brg & 9 keyways all the time , just bolt it on & go

oldschool

i use a rollmaster with a torrington bearing on all of my motors,they are the best. :yesnod:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!