News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW - 72 Charger Rallye

Started by 471_Magnum, July 09, 2008, 07:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

471_Magnum

"1972 Dodge Charger Rallye 400 Magnum, 727 Auto Slap Stik, Power Bulge Hood, Bucket Seats, Nice Car To Restore"

That and the pictures is about all I have to go on at this point. I'm working on getting more details. I can see some rust in the pictures.

Long story short, it belonged to a deceased in-law and I've got a shot at this car, as well as some other cars and parts (more on that later). It's not a car I really want or need, and I'm not into flipping cars, but if I can suppliment my hobby budget, I will seize the opportunity.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

mikesbbody

471_Magnum

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

41husk

You can check many publications on value, I would love to have a rallye, but as per value from those pics it is hard to say.  My buest guess would be 5 -8k from the pics.  A little high for my project budget, but from the limitted pics I would say that is a fair range. :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

HKCharger

AKcharger

I'd say $5K...at least if thatcar  was available to me that i the most I'd pay for it...and ithat's if it runs at all. If you're just going to sell it Rallyes haven't found their niche yet IMO. You could do a quickie HLPAG to it and get 12K I'd think

konigcharger

looks like the hood and pass side fender have been replaced, if it runs and the interior isn't completely destroyed 4-5k

:yesnod: it would be a cool project

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

nakita7

I'd say $3-4K and that's if it runs good. Absolutely done, it's worth about $15K, so if it can be restored for $10K, might be worth it. The 400 cars are just not worth a lot yet.  :Twocents:

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: konigcharger on July 09, 2008, 09:27:07 PM
looks like the hood and pass side fender have been replaced

Yep, thats a 73 hood.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

BMOTOXSTAR

I will buy the wheels from you, for real man, I like those slots. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

471_Magnum

Thanks for the heads-up on the hood. I wouldn't have recoginized that. Third gens definitely are not my area of expertise.

Looks to have rust in both quarters and the drivers fender. I won't be suprised if I open the runk and see the ground below.

Frankly, I think most of the numbers I've read so far seem high, but then, I'm not in the market for a 72 Rallye. I'm thinking it's worth $3K tops as a safe number. It's certainly worth that in parts, but I'm not looking to part it.

hemi-hampton

Seen one on ebay last week only go to around $1,200 & reserve not met. 3k sounds about right to me :scratchchin: LEON.

nakita7

If you get it, please don't part it out. Hate seeing that done to real Rallyes, just so a guy can make a clone out of another Charger...  :image_294343:

471_Magnum

I think I'm going to pass on it.

hemi-hampton

How much do they want for it? I'm on skid row myself or I'd buy it .LEON.

41husk

If you pass and they are under 3k I would be interested!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

charge-it

How much for the 70 Plymouth b-body parked behind it?
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

471_Magnum

The Charger and the Plymouth, as well as a couple of trucks will be auctioned at an estate sale. There will be other Mopar "players" at the auction, so I don't expect any real bargains. Also, relatives will buy the cars if they don't hit the reserve. Just the same, I'll probably attend with hopes snatching up a bargain.

It's a public auction, but I'm not going to give up the location or the date. Y'all wil have to sniff it out yourselves.

nakita7

BROCK

Well, can't get up that way to do any sniffing.  Hope you keep us updated on how it fares at the sale!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

hutch

man I love that car and the body on it is great.  I say go for it.   :2thumbs:
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"