News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Its almost done!! Charger with TA hood

Started by mikes68charger, November 02, 2007, 05:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: FastbackJon on November 02, 2007, 08:45:11 PM
In my mind I thought that scoop on that car would look horrible, but now that I see the pictures it actually looks pretty cool.

Same here.... I read the thread title and said, "Uh oh."
Now that I see it, it looks pretty good.

Good job.

pettyfan43

I really LOVE BOTH of those setups!!  They both look right at home on the second generation Charger.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Hemidoug on March 16, 2008, 09:43:21 AM
This is my buddies car...I haven't seen a more impressive hood scoop on a second gen then the setup he has...someone needs to pop these out!

I've always loved the look of that car's hood...    I would definately put one on my Charger   :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

billssuperbird

Brock Samson

you guys have seen the prototype Daytona hood with the AAR scoop at the leading edge?..  it was posted at the winged warriors site and still may be,.. I also reposted it here over a yr ago now...
anyhow i like that T/A scoop alot, i heard it was damaged is that right?...

Joshua

Quote from: 694spdRT on November 02, 2007, 05:23:01 PM

I have a hood for my 1968 Charger with a hole cut in it for a tunnel ram that is no longer being used.  This would be a good option to go with.
Or how about a '68 Hemi Dart/Barracuda scoop??? They fit the hood much better.....the shape matches the hood indents. :2thumbs:

I've also wondered how well a hood would look if the indentations were cut out and inverted as scoops.....with the slits opened up as well.... :scratchchin: Probably not good? hahaha

Lowprofile

Quote from: pettyfan43 on March 16, 2008, 04:31:15 PM
I really LOVE BOTH of those setups!!  They both look right at home on the second generation Charger.

I agree! The T/A hoodscoop is one of my very favorites. That would have been great to have an  "Air Grabber" option on 2nd Gen's. Ma Mopar missed the mark on that one.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

71_Charger_R/T

Here's one I really like. It belongs to a friend of mine. He still has the car, This picture is from back in the 80's when 70 charger hoods could be had for a dime a dozen. Yes it's a real R/T Automatic console car. He has the original hood also.

Charger_Fan

That shaker looks pretty cool, any more pics of it?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

tan top

good work ...on the scoop .looks real   good  :scratchchin:  different ...but would not put one on my self ..well any scoop for that matter .. just preferance is all ............. ...
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

4speed

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on July 15, 2008, 12:00:27 PM
Here's one I really like. It belongs to a friend of mine. He still has the car, This picture is from back in the 80's when 70 charger hoods could be had for a dime a dozen. Yes it's a real R/T Automatic console car. He has the original hood also.

they should have put sum kind of performance hood on these chargers,that shaker looks awsome :yesnod: :yesnod:

mikesbbody

Quote from: Lowprofile on March 17, 2008, 04:27:27 PM
Quote from: pettyfan43 on March 16, 2008, 04:31:15 PM

I agree! The T/A hoodscoop is one of my very favorites. That would have been great to have an  "Air Grabber" option on 2nd Gen's. Ma Mopar missed the mark on that one.
I agree with lowprofile, and pettyfan43 the 2nd gen needed a hood option imo. mike, your charger looks awesome!

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 15, 2008, 03:33:06 PM
That shaker looks pretty cool, any more pics of it?
No more pictures right now but I can see if I can get some more and post them. The car is in storage right now as he got side swiped and hasn't had the opportunity to fix it yet. He's got a lot of irons in the fire......A  Daytona clone, About three or four  71 Chargers, A '70 Challenger and a 71 or 72 Road Runner

CHRGR SE

Love the scoop and the car. The only thing I wasn't keen on was the door paint accents.
Under construction 1973 Charger SE/RT resto-mod.

KMPX2

TK73

They look good on 3rd gens
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

WingCharger

ViperRedCharger

challenger70

before i saw the pics I thought to myself that must look terrible, after seeing it once I thought it looked better than I thought it would.  Now looking at it a few times it is growing on me :2thumbs:
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

4forty