News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

charger 4X4 snow plow

Started by craigandlynda, July 12, 2008, 06:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craigandlynda

well, here it is....tucked away in the woods near the canadian border in northern minnesota, this has got to be a one-of-a-kind....the 1970 charger SE body fit right over top of the blazer chassis, and was nicely accessorized by the proud owner...(i especially like the spotlites)...he uses it every winter to plow his half mile driveway, and he says, " i also plow dirt with it..."

they say a pic is worth a thousand words. as we say up here, "OOF-DA".

craigandlynda

craigandlynda

trying to add pics

pics won't load, 772 kb and limit is 200...how can i do this?

dodgecharger-fan

You need to resize the pic with a photo editing program like irfanview

www.irfanview.com

JimShine

craigandlynda

ok...

JimShine

That is great! I would be out plowing my neighborhood in that thing!

craigandlynda

custom interior...nothing like a nice SE w woodgrain! (i especially liked the teardrop spotlites....and the sunroof is actually a rear hatchback window, complete w wiper.

konigcharger

thats awesome... :drool5: i look at it as another charger saved from the junkyard...  :2thumbs:

this is how i post images saves on bandwith too i think
go to

www.imageshack.us/

>hit browse
>select the picture you want
>select the size (640x480 is good)
>hit host
>copy from Hotlink for forums (1)
>paste here

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

craigandlynda

under the charger hood, the chevy 350 is so neatly plumbed, with great attention to detail...no expense was spared in prepping this engine bay; it's truly ready for show..... i mean, snow!

68rt

why why why :slap: :flame: :shruggy: :poke: :idiot: :flush: :smilie_help: :badidea: could used a ramcharger frame

pettyfan43

What a WASTE of a once proud car.

Idiot.

69*F5*SE

Those rear window louvers are pretty cool  :coolgleamA:

moparstuart

thats cool , thats the car I asked you about that i saw in like 1984 when i was up there on a scout canoe trip thats so cool >

Thanks for posting picutres
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

rt green

that is just so wrong on so many levels. thanks, now i need therapy
third string oil changer

craigandlynda

wow....mixed opinions....didn't see that coming :shruggy:

craigandlynda

moparstuart, where are you from? when you saw it in 1984, was it in town? driving? it has been a one owner since its transformation

WingCharger

That is cool in several ways, but wrong in so many more.  :rotz:

If I came across a Charger that had extreme lower end damage, or just no drivetrain, and body cancer, it would be cool to do.

BUT FOR GOD SAKES MAN, KEEP IT MOPAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That 350 destroyed that cars once proud MoPar heritage. If I ever did do something like this, I would probably do it a little cleaner, but hey, the car is pretty cool. :icon_smile_big:

I would maybe drop in a cummins, dual rear wheels, add a bed....... :scratchchin:

Any more pictures of 4X4 Chargers, I hate to say it, but I have actually started thinkin how I would do this.  :brickwall:

DodgeChargerNeeded

Did anyone notice the tic toc tach?
Jeff

craigandlynda

yup, and he got the tach working....next to the door opening see 3 red wires...next to them on end of dash is pair of brass clips....thats his flashlight holder

JimShine

I would rather see that than its rotted sunbframes sitting in a field, or tubbed into a drag car.

Mike DC

Yeah.  When those things show up on Ebay, people should look twice before laughing them off. 

If the builder didn't hack the unibody to bits during the install, then the subframes & floors are probably in a lot better shape than if it had stayed on the ground. 

BigBlockSam

hey

i was diggin the car or 4x4, what ever, diggin the captains chairs .  :2thumbs: :cheers:

but man! a cheby mill . not cool    :rotz:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Steve P.

Quote from: JimShine on July 12, 2008, 10:54:57 PM
I would rather see that than its rotted sunbframes sitting in a field, or tubbed into a drag car.

I'd rather see it tubbed and drag racing than being used as a plow truck. Even if it were on a Mopar frame...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

JimShine

No love for drag cars here.

Is it just me or does it appear that the roof has been cut for T tops?

tan top

:scratchchin:    .....  not a good plan to use a chebby motor :rotz: in a Mopar just all wrong  :yesnod:    :badidea:  ..each to their own  though  :yesnod:
intresting pictures  thanks for sharing   :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: craigandlynda on July 12, 2008, 09:02:45 PM
moparstuart, where are you from? when you saw it in 1984, was it in town? driving? it has been a one owner since its transformation

yes it was sitting in town , we had just came back from on the water and were headed for pizzza hut for real food
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WingCharger

Quote from: JimShine on July 12, 2008, 10:54:57 PM
:iagree:

If I ever did this, I would try to get the wheels/tires a little more into the wells. I dont like how high it sits off the frame.

I would remove: Spoiler, Louvers, the 8 aftermarket gauges inside (What the hell do yoou need that many gauges for??),the strange shifter stiking out between the console and carpet, the T-Top, the side pipes, and the chevy-shit 350.

craigandlynda

another pic...the whole charger body and subframes, as a single unit, was just lowered onto the blazer chassis, sittining on top of, and about 1 inch outboard, of the blazer frame...the charger frame rails and floors intact....notice the double shocks, both are attached to the chevy axle somehow...rubber isolator mounts between the two subframes...the pinstriping was a nice touch, definitely added some class..

WingCharger

Always wondered what a Charger style El Camino would look like. :yesnod: :D

six-tee-nine

You did shoot the guy, right???
:flame:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

craigandlynda

no but i thought about trying to buy it :scratchchin:

WingCharger

Quote from: craigandlynda on July 13, 2008, 11:10:42 AM
no but i thought about trying to buy it :scratchchin:

From what I have read on here, if he has had it since '84, I doubt he would be willing to sell it.

472 R/T SE

These rigs with different brand motors in between the fender wells was a more common occurance back in the day.  Just like folks putting different kinds of brands on 4 x 4 frames. 
All from back in the days when we didn't have a care in the world.  :coolgleamA:

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Silver R/T

Quote from: WingCharger on July 13, 2008, 09:43:34 AM
Thought this would be a good thread to post this awesome picture I found on the internet:

It would be cool to do this, and it wouldnt as much work as you would think. I am actually planning on what it would take to do this too. :D It wouldnt requrie frame extension, or major rear end change.

Sorry to steal the thread! :icon_smile_big:

Chargamino?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

craigandlynda

TheGhost

I liked it, until I saw the 350 sbc.  Why, oh WHY would you put such a worthless engine in a Charger?  Especially when big block Mopars aren't that difficult to find, and much easier to install.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Drache

Quote from: TheGhost on July 13, 2008, 04:25:03 PM
I liked it, until I saw the 350 sbc.  Why, oh WHY would you put such a worthless engine in a Charger?  Especially when big block Mopars aren't that difficult to find, and much easier to install.

Considering the frame was that of a Chevy Blazer I figure he just replaced one body with another....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

OldGuy

Looks like the guy couldn't figure out which end the stripes went on - so he striped both the front and rear :shruggy: :smilielol: :eek2:
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

craigandlynda

the owner of this fine creation stopped by our shop just now, and i showed him the pics and the interesting comments about his custom .....charger/plow....when i told him people were reacting, he said "some would probably like to shoot me..."   but he's not really upset...anyway, further inetresting details....the rear spoiler is a factory original 1971 charger spoiler, he bought a complete wrecked car to get the spoiler...and the roof has an even more interesting tale....he was going t o cut off the whole roof, make a topless model out of it...but got started, and came across and even rarer part...the front portion of the roof is the glass roof from a 1956 ford suncruiser, or some such model...

:eek2:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on July 12, 2008, 08:10:03 PM
Those rear window louvers are pretty cool  :coolgleamA:
:iagree:
I kinda like it. You didn't happen to get a shot of the VIN number or fender tag, did ya? :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

aussiemuscle

someone did this in australia to a XB Ford Falcon coupe (quite valuable car now). When he had it selling on ebay someone commented that it was a sacralige, etc and his response was "well i'm sorry i didn't build MY car the way YOU wanted"   :smilielol: