News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Layson's Restoration Busted at Carlisle by Police!!

Started by TUFCAT, July 12, 2008, 04:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

If you paid with a credit card  you should call them and get a stop going on the charge. This is why I always pay with a credit card on anything major. You have some protection that way. 

I will say I know Rick and I dont think he would try and screw you. There has to be other things going on that we all dont know about.

Todd

moparstuart

I bought a locking gas cap from rick during the whole raid deal . I got it quickly and with no problems .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemigeno

Quote from: Todd Wilson on April 28, 2009, 12:29:08 PM
I will say I know Rick and I dont think he would try and screw you.

That is not a universal experience.  Ask Rick sometime about a "NOS" trunk filler tube seal he sold me.  My guess is his version of the story will differ from mine, although you can PM me for the details if you'd like.

I'm all for sticking up for friends (I do the same), so don't read this as an indictment of people like Todd, dodgecharger-fan, or others who may indeed have had great experiences and/or friendship with Rick over the years. 

My lesson has been learned.  'Nuff said...

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on April 28, 2009, 02:19:23 PM

That is not a universal experience.  Ask Rick sometime about a "NOS" trunk filler tube seal he sold me.  My guess is his version of the story will differ from mine, although you can PM me for the details if you'd like.

I'm all for sticking up for friends (I do the same), so don't read this as an indictment of people like Todd, dodgecharger-fan, or others who may indeed have had great experiences and/or friendship with Rick over the years. 

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Neal_J

Geno, perhaps you can be coaxed to share the essence of your experience in the thread rather than PM?  The information may be helpful for someone considering placing an order...

hemigeno

Neal, the experience I had was with Rick personally, prior to the time he began working at Layson's.  It doesn't necessarily apply to people considering Layson's as a vendor. 

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: hemigeno on April 28, 2009, 05:05:13 PM
Neal, the experience I had was with Rick personally, prior to the time he began working at Layson's.  It doesn't necessarily apply to people considering Layson's as a vendor. 

Either way it reflects on the business doesn't it ?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

MTPOCKET

Bought a locking gas cap for 71.00 dollars on the 4/16/09 using paypal from Rick. He posted this http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48469.0.html I email him and that he had some still for sale. And then I took the leap. I have email him about the shipping status of it but no replies. So it looks like I am out 71.00 dollars. 

"Rick Keesler" <rick@laysons.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"me" <me@yahoo.com>
Hi me,

I have just received notice from PayPal about your payment, Thank You!!!

I'll have your locking cap sent out tomorrow and I'll personally make sure it gets the correct apartment number!

Thanks,
Rick

rick@laysons

Quote from: MTPOCKET on April 28, 2009, 10:41:18 PM
Bought a locking gas cap for 71.00 dollars on the 4/16/09 using paypal from Rick. He posted this http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48469.0.html I email him and that he had some still for sale. And then I took the leap. I have email him about the shipping status of it but no replies. So it looks like I am out 71.00 dollars. 

"Rick Keesler" <rick@laysons.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"me" <me@yahoo.com>
Hi me,

I have just received notice from PayPal about your payment, Thank You!!!

I'll have your locking cap sent out tomorrow and I'll personally make sure it gets the correct apartment number!

Thanks,
Rick

Gerald,

I have your locking cap here and ready to go. I am just getting back into my office from the Spring Fling car show in Van Nuys, CA. If you would like a refund, or you would still like to get the cap, please let me know.

Thanks,
Rick

rick@laysons

Quote from: captnsim on April 28, 2009, 10:05:09 AM
Quote from: Dodge Don on April 28, 2009, 07:47:07 AM
Quote from: MTPOCKET on April 28, 2009, 02:07:03 AM
I took the leap and fell. Don't waste your time or money with Laysons.  :fireangry:

How about providing some details rather than posting vague anti-Laysons stuff in numerous threads? What happened?
I did some dealing with Rick and Laysons from a ad on this site. I was very unhappy with both of them in the end.
I ordered a used 68 Charger grill complete with frame. Rick stated before the sale the grill was really nice no cracks or missing parts. When it shows up I'm shocked the it's busted all up, missing chunks, covered in fire extinguisher dust, and melted.
When I ask him about it Rick has the balls to tell me its shipping damage. I'm like no way this is shipping damage. Please send me a return shipping label and issue me a refund as per your company's return policy. Nope I have to send it to UPS for shipping claims. Been their and lost my money and the part. Oh yeah not a single ding on the shipping box.  
I took pics and sent them to him. Sent multiple emails trying to get them to do what was right. I even dealt with Dave directly. What a arrogant ass he is. Then Rick tells Dave I must have switched grills or something. That I'm the crook.  
Furthermore the pics he used to sell the grill hide the damage by using certain angles. But seeing the grill in person made it possable to see small parts of the damage. I photo shopped some arrows pointing to these parts...never got a responce back after.
So Layson's sucks. A bunch of cheating crooks in my opinion.    

Sir,

I offered to help you in this situation, but you done EVERYTHING in your power to help screw things up!

FIRST....you absolutely refused to let UPS pick up the grill in order to file a claim for damage which CLEARLY happened during shipment.....despite what you would lead everybody else to believe. Where the fire extinguiser dust came from I have no idea...because it damned sure wasn't there in the pics or when it left this warehouse!?!?!?

Then, YOU dis-assembled the grill into pieces AFTER you refused to let the UPS driver pick it up.....so you bought it my friend...pure and simple.

You viewed ALL of the pics I had of the grill, which included pics that were NOT posted on the original ad for sale on the board. You yourself emailed me stating that the pics looked fine and you definately did want the grill.

So I believe sir, that you have more hot air in you than all the ballons in Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.

rick@laysons

Quote from: hemigeno on April 28, 2009, 02:19:23 PM

Gene,

The filler neck seal had VERY clear pics in the auction listing that CLEARLY showed the numbers on the seal, and those very same numbers were clearly listed in the item's description. You bought it knowing full good and well what those numbers were BEFORE you placed your bid. I originally bought the filler neck seal from Ostrich Enterprises in Nevada, IA back in 1987 from Gary Ostrich himself.

THEN......you come back at me more than 90 days later and want a refund???????????? You say that you did not know what you were buying. And yet, you are supposed to be the tech guru offering advice and tech knowledge to everybody else but you yourself didn't know what it was you were buying.

Sorry......that's just a little more than I can believe.

Neal_J

Rick:

I find it curious that (a) you've assembled quite the fan club of dissatisfied customers here, and (b) you use a web board to resolve disputes with those customers.  Notwithstanding your legal troubles, and with all due respect, I think I'll be cautious and send my business elsewhere. 

Neal

rick@laysons

Neal_J,

Gerald's issue with the locking cap is simply a case of bad timing while I was away from my office and the instructions I left behind were not followed, and I take full responsibility for that.

HOWEVER, in the other two instances high-lighted here, I sincerely believe I have done nothing that any one of you on this board wouldn't have done yourselves, so I'm not losing any sleep over them.

You can put all the info out there for everybody to see, but some people just don't want to see...or they only choose to see what they want in order to fit their own "situational ethics".

You point out that I am using a web board to resolve disputes. You are correct. This is where they often times surface, so this is where I'll address them if the circumstances warrant.

AND, all of the legal troubles are not ours(Laysons) alone. Do some shopping around and you'll see just how much of an effect this whole deal has had on the restoration parts industry as a whole.

Neal_J

Quote from: rick@laysons on May 01, 2009, 04:04:08 PM
I'm not losing any sleep over them.

Thanks for your reply, Rick. 

I have no beef with you but I think I'd rather purchase parts from a supplier that does lose sleep over unhappy customers.

Peace, 

Neal

jb666

Quote from: Neal_J on May 01, 2009, 04:53:33 PM
Quote from: rick@laysons on May 01, 2009, 04:04:08 PM
I'm not losing any sleep over them.

Thanks for your eply, Rick. 

I have no beef with you but I think I'd rather purchase parts from a supplier that does lose sleep over unhappy customers.

Peace, 

Neal

I agree with that statement completely. A vendor that doesn't care about his reputations OR his customers is one that I won't be sending money to.

Quote from: rick@laysons on May 01, 2009, 03:47:25 PM
Quote from: captnsim on April 28, 2009, 10:05:09 AM
Quote from: Dodge Don on April 28, 2009, 07:47:07 AM
Quote from: MTPOCKET on April 28, 2009, 02:07:03 AM
I took the leap and fell. Don't waste your time or money with Laysons.  :fireangry:

How about providing some details rather than posting vague anti-Laysons stuff in numerous threads? What happened?
I did some dealing with Rick and Laysons from a ad on this site. I was very unhappy with both of them in the end.
I ordered a used 68 Charger grill complete with frame. Rick stated before the sale the grill was really nice no cracks or missing parts. When it shows up I'm shocked the it's busted all up, missing chunks, covered in fire extinguisher dust, and melted.
When I ask him about it Rick has the balls to tell me its shipping damage. I'm like no way this is shipping damage. Please send me a return shipping label and issue me a refund as per your company's return policy. Nope I have to send it to UPS for shipping claims. Been their and lost my money and the part. Oh yeah not a single ding on the shipping box.  
I took pics and sent them to him. Sent multiple emails trying to get them to do what was right. I even dealt with Dave directly. What a arrogant ass he is. Then Rick tells Dave I must have switched grills or something. That I'm the crook.  
Furthermore the pics he used to sell the grill hide the damage by using certain angles. But seeing the grill in person made it possable to see small parts of the damage. I photo shopped some arrows pointing to these parts...never got a responce back after.
So Layson's sucks. A bunch of cheating crooks in my opinion.    

Sir,

I offered to help you in this situation, but you done EVERYTHING in your power to help screw things up!

FIRST....you absolutely refused to let UPS pick up the grill in order to file a claim for damage which CLEARLY happened during shipment.....despite what you would lead everybody else to believe. Where the fire extinguiser dust came from I have no idea...because it damned sure wasn't there in the pics or when it left this warehouse!?!?!?

Then, YOU dis-assembled the grill into pieces AFTER you refused to let the UPS driver pick it up.....so you bought it my friend...pure and simple.

You viewed ALL of the pics I had of the grill, which included pics that were NOT posted on the original ad for sale on the board. You yourself emailed me stating that the pics looked fine and you definately did want the grill.

So I believe sir, that you have more hot air in you than all the ballons in Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.

As for this, I can personally tell you he's not full of hot air. He tells things as they are and doesn't hold back. He's a straight up guy to do business with, and I believe what he's got to say.

Neal_J

Not sure if it's relevant to the above situation, but I had something similar happen to me recently:  I bought an item over the web.  It arrived broken yet there was zero damage to the box. The seller was adamant that the item was fine prior to shipment and was quick to suggest that I file a damage claim with UPS.  Initially, I didn't care because all I wanted was a refund.  Only after I thought more about it did I realize the seller had a great scam going: (1) sell something broken over the web, (2) wait for the customer to complain, (3) have the customer file a claim with the shipper, and then (4) UPS is left holding the bag while seller does a Happy Dance.  The item I bought was cast-iron and there was surfact rust around the broken area, clearly indicating it was toast before it was shipped to me.  Rather than file a damage claim, I alerted UPS directly about the FRAUD that the shipper had engaged in. 

Again, I don't know if this situation fits the fact pattern surrounding the grill above, but it sounds mighty suspicious when the buyer has a broken part yet the package is undamaged...

captnsim

Yeah Rick, As these pics I sent you show...Shipping damage right? This thing was like pulling a accordion out of the shipping box it was so busted.

captnsim

I guess that headlight door bent in shipping?

captnsim

Frame must have bent in shipping too. And the great guy the UPS driver is he tried to fix it for me...yeah right.

captnsim

Must have ripped those welds too  :shruggy:

captnsim

In Ricks own words to Dave Laysons,

"The guy took the grill apart and photographed the pieces, he refused to let UPS pick it up for a damage claim, and there's no way that grill was shipped out broken like he says it was. Given those facts, it's possible that he had another grill that had fire extinguiser powder all over it that was broken and he's trying to get us to give him a free grill. This whole thing smells funny. I know for a fact there was NO fire extinguiser residue on this when it was sent. His pics show damage around the bright trim around the outside perimeter which was NOT there when it left here. Per your own return policy, the grill would not be subject to return if it was taken apart or altered in any way. In this case, the customer has clearly taken the grill apart. Ricky"

I told him before hand I was taking it apart to get better pics for him. Yeah nice guy ol Ricky is.
And if you look in the pics...all the heavy dust on everything...is extinguisher dust.

Back N Black

You can clearly see in the pics of the grill that the crack did not happen during shipping, there is dust and dirt in the cracks. Definitely not fresh cracks from shipping. Maybe when Rick is out of a job, he can restore grills for BK auto.

hemigeno

Quote from: rick@laysons on May 01, 2009, 03:54:53 PM

Gene,

The filler neck seal had VERY clear pics in the auction listing that CLEARLY showed the numbers on the seal, and those very same numbers were clearly listed in the item's description. You bought it knowing full good and well what those numbers were BEFORE you placed your bid. I originally bought the filler neck seal from Ostrich Enterprises in Nevada, IA back in 1987 from Gary Ostrich himself.

THEN......you come back at me more than 90 days later and want a refund???????????? You say that you did not know what you were buying. And yet, you are supposed to be the tech guru offering advice and tech knowledge to everybody else but you yourself didn't know what it was you were buying.

Sorry......that's just a little more than I can believe.

Rick,

I flatly disagree with the majority of what you just wrote, but that's fine.  You did conveniently leave out the part where you agreed to eBay's arbitration procedures, ignored the arbitrator's decision when it went 100% against you, then stiffed me not only for the refund they agreed was due - but also for the cost of the arbitration.  Strange how a totally disinterested party (the arbitrator) agrees with my version of the situation, but I'm the "bad" guy here...   :rotz:

I wrote that whole chapter off a long time ago.  My purpose in even mentioning this issue is to perhaps keep just one person from making the mistake I did.  If that happens, it will be worth the character assassination you've attempted on me both times I've mentioned this in an open forum. 

If you can't believe the truth, that's your problem.

[/discussion]

Ghoste

All I'm going to say is that it would take a great deal more than that to assasinate your character in my book Geno.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on May 04, 2009, 08:37:20 AM
All I'm going to say is that it would take a great deal more than that to assasinate your character in my book Geno.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:   and these things are good to know , so we all done end up in the same situation .