News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restoring of my wrecked 69 SE Charger as come to an end 100724

Started by ChargerSG, July 11, 2008, 04:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69*F5*SE

Quote from: Steve P. on May 02, 2009, 12:00:09 PM
NO OIL??  :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: Never start a motor without oil.....  Not for ANY amount of time... It's a sure way to EAT a motor....

:iagree:  I'm glad you got it going but, don't smoke it before its time.  Congrats otherwise.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on May 02, 2009, 12:05:29 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on May 02, 2009, 12:00:09 PM
NO OIL??  :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: Never start a motor without oil.....  Not for ANY amount of time... It's a sure way to EAT a motor....

:iagree:  I'm glad you got it going but, don't smoke it before its time.  Congrats otherwise.

I think he meant the transmission didnt have any fluid in it..........Also not a great idea but not as bad as no engine oil.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69*F5*SE

ChargerSG

The engine had oil it was just the tranny that was short of oil, i just started it just to hear it run :icon_smile_big:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Steve P.

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on May 02, 2009, 12:18:47 PM
Oh ok, I re-read that and I think you're right.   :2thumbs:

Me too.. Sorry. I just get a bit freaked out any time I read or hear, NO OIL...  :o
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

426HemiCharger

------------------------Cars I have now----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS
-----------------------Cars I wish I had----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T 4-Speed or Hemi Clone
1970 Charger R/T Hemi Clone
1970  Dodge Polara IL State Police Car
---------------------------Future Posibilities------------------------
2010 or later Ford Fusion Hybrid (Replaces 2002 Hyundai)

ChargerSG

Not no oil, just some short of it :icon_smile_big:
Anyway the trunk now have paint, dident turn out that good. The black got kind of primer look, so now i have to deside if i wanna clear it just to get some shine or repaint it :scratchchin: Just go a day and its allready coverd in dust from other work :-\

FLG

ChargerSG

Been thinking on the option to but the mat wont cover all areas, and i would be  :rofl: every time i look in trunk.

Started with the grill today and discoverd that it was pretty banged up(besides the usall I trim) :brickwall: Everything on the backside of it is a little twisted and damaged :eek2:

ChargerSG

New headliner in :icon_smile_big: interior was white(but seats and carpet Black) before but the whole interior is gonna be Black now :yesnod:
Since i have powerwindows and doorpanels are special im thinking in repainting them insted of have someone make them.

Hemidog

Legendary has door panels that fit both regular and power windows.

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

ChargerSG

I dident do that myself, a girl(shes great on vinylroofs) did finish my bad attempt in installing it :whistling: To my defence it had a bad fit and was really short on the edges on sevral places, even the girl doing it for a living did swear some :icon_smile_big:

ChargerSG

Half of the Charger looks like a Charger again :icon_smile_big:
Now to the worst part to get the grill and fenders,hood and and the rest of the body in stright line. I think the top of the firewall is to low on the passanger side but i wont see for sure untill the hood is on... :scratchchin:

ChargerSG

Havent gone as fast as i wanted, it was a yarddriver but since leaking radiator and unbalance in the fan and all i throwed that stuff away and have ordered new things. Havent changed the driverdoor yet since i desided to do some metalwork to new one before mounting it.
Either way im so close now that i can feel it, but waiting on parts is :brickwall:

Hemidog

ChargerSG

The one that did leak i did buy locally(hes getting it back for sure). The new Radiator i bought from Radiators4less its a aluminium one made like an old thats bolts right on.

ChargerSG

Like the first one but a 3 rows :cheers:
Have checked the tracking on the package and it have been in Sweden since last week but it havent showed up here yet :flame:

1969chargerrtse

Whats the wire hanging out of the left rear side marker opening?  Almost looks like a lamp wire but 69's didn't have side lamps?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

ChargerSG

Its just wiring to the lights that have found its way out the marker opening :icon_smile_big:

Last months have been a 2 steps forward and 4 steps back, first the new radiator was smashed up but seller sent me new but it took 2 months. And then the dude that was doing some metalwork on door and a fender just took a holiday for some time :flame: if he said it i would never have left it there now it just lays there cut up :brickwall:

For the moment a started on one of my RT/SE Challengers, to get some engergy on that 69 SE Charger later.

ChargerSG

I lost my energy with the SE Charger for some time, so i made one of my RT/SE Challengers roadworthy insted and took some vacation. Soo now i have some energy for that dam;) Charger again...

I did get a new Radiator after the first one was smashed in transport(seller was great, shipper an ass).
Got allmost everything(99%) now to get in on the road to September(i try to convince myself on that anyway) but i cant find any pictures of the vaccumassambly for the lightdoors just have a box with saved and stuff that i bought, anyone got a picture of the stuff under the fender cause i can not remember(and allot of brackets and stuff are gone do to change of inner fender a year ago)? I hate to tear my 1969 RT/SE down to just check.

Silver R/T

Quote from: ChargerSG on February 08, 2009, 07:02:33 AM
I did get some insurence money, i was fighting for them to make the repers since i knew it was gonna be really hard work. They gave me 2 options, i keep the car and get some money(not enuff by far) to repair it my self(they hold 20% untill its finched). And option 2 was they take the car and scrap it, sure i had been given fair money on it but i couldent live with the fact that my 69 SE gonna be stripped on all parts and crushed. I kept the car :brickwall:

Thanks for asking Steve P. I have bought one new Amd fender and one hopefully a good used one, waiting for them and they will probably show up in like 2 weeks i hope(toke boat freight since its cheap). The things missing now is all turnlights and lenses and interior parts(but those arent importent now wanna get it on the road).

The sickest thing now is that my 69 RT/SE Trackpack and 70 RT/SE 4speed Challenger just sits there and i spend allot of money and energy on a wrecked 69 SE :-\
Sure i know if i havent done this now it would probably just be sitting behind the garage and rusted away and before you know it 10 years have gone :icon_smile_big:

you did the right thing man
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ChargerSG

It allmost looks like a Charger again. And i just spent 6 months trying to get that company to redo stuff they did(not good enuff by far). Anyway im at i again and this month its gonna be on the road again or i will go mental :brickwall:

BIRD67

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10