News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restoring of my wrecked 69 SE Charger as come to an end 100724

Started by ChargerSG, July 11, 2008, 04:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerSG

Here is a update on my 69 SE Charger that i wrecked(see older posts) and now is restoring.
Only thing that was ok when i finelly had stripped the Charger was the engine and tranny(even thou motormounts was off) everything else pretty banged up.
It was put in a bench and the only thing that got straigt was the Driverside framrail, Innerfenders and Passagerside framerail(had been twisted) was not saveable and was scraped.
Since i dident get hold new framrail i had an old sheetmetal guy make a new one(he did save the banged up K-member to) but it wasent cheap but worth it.
Allot of freinds was wondering why the hell i dident do a body swap(really after it couldent be straightend in a bench and that the dash had moved up like 2" and i took of everything from the front seats and forward, i could never live with a bodyswap.
Have decided to paint it Black, and if i change my mind later on its never wrong with a Black enginebay, it will get some paint in a few days in enginebay and then its just the rest left... :icon_smile_big:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tan top

:o   it was a hard hit .... good progress  going on there   :yesnod: ... keep the pictures coming  :popcrn: ..............  how are your injurys now dude fully recovered  ??
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69*F5*SE

I swear I think the Charger is the most smashed car in history.

FLG

Glad shes being saved. Did you ever determine what broke in the front end and caused the accident?

ChargerSG

Thanks :cheers: I fully recoverd, well allmost still has some pains sometime in my head(where they stitched it toghter) but that is mostley the nervs reconnecting. And then there is some feeling in my knee if i lift to much, some theeth problems but that can be fixed but it cost allot. But i feel ok :2thumbs:

I been trying to figur it out what happend in the frontend and thou its smashed i think its the passengerside trackrod(dont know if that is the correct word) broke clean off by the thread and it was to clean "cut" to be done in the crash.

Marck

Glad to hear you're both on the road to recovery..  :2thumbs:

ChargerSG

Got a picture of the saved K-member, i wished that i did take a before picture it allmost look unhurt after the guy was done(that metalworker can save anything if you pay) he even asked me if he should repair the front fenders but i said no since Amd fenders is cheaper :icon_smile_big:

Charger_Fan

I'm glad you're saving it & that you are mostly recovered yourself. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

4speed

1969chargerrtse

Thanks for the update, I remember the first thread.  Happy to hear your doing better and goood luck on the car.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

ChargerSG

Hemidog

good to know you and your car are feeling better neighbor!   :cheers:

ChargerSG

Thanks Neighbor :cheers:

Got some more pictures from the guy that do some serious metal save for me, now Passenger door and firewall is saved :icon_smile_big: I hope to get some paint on the areas now :yesnod:

69*F5*SE

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

ChargerSG

Now the dash is sitting right right again. Quarterpanel on passengerside  is stright, so the whole pass side is now finshed. Now the back and driverside is left with metalwork and some rust by the trunk and rear window. So now just get some paint on the areas done and rebuild the front end with some old parts and drop the engine and tranny in and check its mesure/feel stright and right :icon_smile_big:
But now my money is really start to fly away.... :-\

squeakfinder

Thank you for posting those pictures. Always helpful to see one brought back to life. :2thumbs:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

bull

How are you doing? If I remember correctly you got banged up pretty bad and had to undergo physical therapy. In the end I'd like to see a running total of which cost more to fix, you or the Charger. :icon_smile_big:

ChargerSG

Pretty good(sure some pain is still there but i ignore it), but the first 2 months after the crash wasent fun, couldent walk and had really bad headache and pain in the whole body(in like every muscle) the power painkillers got you pretty messy in the head, once i drop those drugs after a month and got stubborn i recovered pretty fast. After 3 months i was back to work...

ChargerSG

Now the enignebay is painted and the 383 Magnum is dropped in there, allso rebuilt frontend from used and new parts.
Now im out of funds so the restoring will stop for some time, i dont wanna think about how much i have in this car right now :-\ But still happy about saving it insted of someone parting it out :icon_smile_big:

ChargerSG

I cant afford new fenders from Amd, so if anyone have some fenders in fair shape(rust is not a problem, but not to bad) just send me an message, even 68 fenders can be intressting.

FLG

SG have you calculated in the total labor required to fix up the used fenders? It might be worth it to wait a bit and get the AMD's. Figure even used fenders are going to set you back a couple of hundred. Add in the labor to sand them down, fix any rust, get them straight, then re-spray them and you might be better off with the AMD's. Just my  :Twocents:

Looks like its coming along

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img