News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

question about charger 68 color interior

Started by nelson_audet, July 09, 2008, 11:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelson_audet

first hi everybody i am new on the board. sorry or my poor english i live in quebec canada and i speak a little bit english. i need some information and help from you charger fan about my 68 charger interior.

i own my charger since 1 month and the interior of my charger is : dash blue, interior top blue, pillar blue and the carpet is blue. the door pannel front and back are white and the 2 seat are white.... it is original according to you? it is possible in 68 to order a charger in this color cimbinaison?

my charger is blue with white vinyl roof...

thanks to help me.
69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

hemi68charger

Bonjour Nelson..
All of the interior color should be blue, including all seats and  door panels...  I have never heard of a two-tone color combination.. The only thing close to that would be white interior cars where the dash, a-pillar and center console (if so equipped) would be black...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Troy

Do you have the fender tag? It is a little stamped metal plate that should be inside the engine compartment screwed to the top of the driver's side inner fender. Sometimes they have been removed but if you have it the interior option will be listed.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

nelson_audet

i know what is the fender tag but i not have fender tag or build sheet.. i not want to know if car was born with blue red or black interior i only want to know if it is possible to order in 68 this combinaison of color

Troy

In that case, I'll say no. If you had a white interior originally the dash and carpet would have been black. It's easier to swap out seat covers and door panels/pads than it is to change the dash an dash pads. Your headliner looks new though so I'm not sure what was going on. White upper door pads are only slightly easier to find than blue ones so I'm not sure why the previous owner would swap them out unless they just like the white better (I do).

Troy

nelson_audet

OK if this info is ok, i will taint my dash in black and replace the headliners to a white color. my carpet is black and my pannel and my seat are white. i will probably do this.... but i want to be sure before... i want to make this work in next april, i purchase my part first....

Troy

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Your dash is blue and since that assembly is harder to change out than the rest it is more likely to be original. If it is original  and the VIN tag has never been tampered with or removed then it's a good bet that it's supposed to be blue. That also explains the A pillars as well. So, your seats, headliner, door panels, upper door pads, armrests, etc. should all be blue as mentioned above. This was probably more common on blue painted cars any way (although I like white interiors). Without the build sheet or fender tag you can really only guess.

Troy

UFO

Also check behind the rear side panels(usually near the door opening).If that area has not been touched or painted over there will be some original interior color there.

Daytona Enthusiast

In 68 you could get a white interior with a black, "blue", green, red, or gold dash...
Here are some of the codes I got from High Performance Mopar magazine September 1990 , page 61.
White& Black - C6W 
White& Blue -  C6C
White& Green-C6D
White& Red   -C6V
White& Gold - C6E

hemi68charger

Quote from: Daytona Enthusiast on July 10, 2008, 01:37:47 AM
In 68 you could get a white interior with a black, "blue", green, red, or gold dash...
Here are some of the codes I got from High Performance Mopar magazine September 1990 , page 61.
White& Black - C6W 
White& Blue -  C6C
White& Green-C6D
White& Red   -C6V
White& Gold - C6E

Very interesting................. Sooooooooooooo, if that's the case, Nelson, hold your horses and check your fender tag................  See, mine say C6W under the "trm"... Yours should be C6C if it indeed is a blue on white interior combination................

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nelson_audet

Quote from: Daytona Enthusiast on July 10, 2008, 01:37:47 AM
White& Black - C6W 
White& Blue -  C6C
White& Green-C6D
White& Red   -C6V
White& Gold - C6E

verry interesting info... can you scan the page of the article you have founded it ?? i have a magazine here it is the mopar action of august and i can see a dart gts 67.. i know it is not a charger 68 but this dart gts 383 have the white and blue interior... so i can supose dodge have continue the 2 color interior in 68..

nelson_audet

see the text, when the white trim is selected, you can choice the color of carpet... so if you choice a color of carpet probably the dash the pillar the hord the headliners come with the color of the carpet

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1968/68_Charger0006.jpg

Chad L. Magee

My 1968 383-2bbl., 4-speed came with a white with red inserts interior (exterior was bright red with a white vinyl top - a Cornhusker combo if I have ever seen one).  Wayne Wooten commented that it was a rare interior combo for 1968 when I registered it with TDC a few years ago.  He ended up writing more about the interior than the engine/transmission combo, so that must mean that the dual colored interior Chargers don't show up that often in the registry.  The majority of the 1968 Chargers that I have seen had monotone interiors, so the rarity makes sense........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

nelson_audet

UFO

I really should have known better,The tag picture is from a parts car I had.
In case Daytona Enthusiast doesn't have a scanner here's part of the page.(The rest of the info was available color combo's)
What is really needed is a '68 color and trim book.That would have all info.

68charger383

My interior may not be unique, but I have seen the door pads and arm rests in blue cars being dark navy blue and also light blue metallic. For example look at the drivers armrest (dark blue and the rear is light blue)

I'm not sure if this is factory stock or add ons, but it is two different color combos.

I was also under the impression back in the day...anything color wise was possible. If you requested something weird, they would just code it as non-confroming or recommended color combo on the fender tag.

My guess would be that the repro white was available as opposed to the blue interior pieces and the person just went with all white.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

nelson_audet

wow verry cool intérior in all blue... i will try to send picture of the interior of my car.....

nelson_audet

it is my interior... i have placed a radio delete plate and put the CD in my garbage first :) i will change the carpet next week for a blue carpet...

UFO

Nelson , I saw the exterior pics in the other thread.Very nice car EH!

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: nelson_audet on July 10, 2008, 11:14:34 AM
picture of your interior??

Nelson-  A picture of it won't help anyone much as the car was wrecked (rolled onto the top by the orginal owner at his farm) years ago and then partially parted out before I got it.  It sat in a SD field for around twenty five years before it was sold to the second owner.  There was remainents of the interior (I think the rear seat is there and parts of the headliner), but the majority of the interior parts was MIA (including the instrument cluster with the tic-toc-tach  :flame: that it was optioned for).  The drivers door was taken off of the car, so the weather got what was not removed by the second owner (a parts vendor).  It would have been cut up for parts the next week if I had not realized what it was and bought it from him back almost a decade ago.  The fender tag was the key to finding what the car had inside orginally.  I think I have pictures of it up in the Charger pictures post, towards the front of the listings.  This one will be brought back in due time.......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

nelson_audet

bull

The most common "two-tone" interior scheme is black and white. ;) Anyway, most likely someone replaced the parts that are now white because it was easier to find than blue. Hard to tell though without pictures.

69CoronetRT

Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

nelson_audet