News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Map Light Lens

Started by Chris, July 09, 2008, 08:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Good afternoon everybody

I have a 72 Charger with the Ralley Dash; the Plastic Map Light cover is melted. Does anybody have any suggestions as to where I can find one?

Thank you for your time,

Chris

Nacho-RT74

used market here, there, around, ebay... MAYBE WITH A  SMALL CHANCE to get a NOS one... lense is not available by itself, just teh complete panel, and there are some varieties depending if with seatblet indicator &/or hole made to rear speaker fader... or not
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chris

thank you, I will keep my eyes open.

BROCK

Getting a new lense = $.  Installing new lense = time.  Finding out & correcting what caused
the lense to melt in the first place = victory!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Chris

I,m sure leaving it on all night could of had something to do with it.

71_Charger_R/T

If you can find just a lens, it wouldn't be too hard to replace it. It is just held in by the rim being melted over. there is plenty more rim around it to melt over and secure it again. if you are careful, you can also bend the frame and pry it out like this.

Chris

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. hey since you have that one out why dont you just go ahead and sell it to me! :cheers:

71_Charger_R/T

do you need it with the rear speaker control?   How much is it worth?

Chris

No rear speaker control, pretty plain Jane. As far as what it is worth I dont have a clue and would not want to insult you by putting a price out there that would be way under market value. if I had to guess and let me stress the word guess I would say that a non repo lens like that in good shape would have to be worth in the neighborhood of $40.00 to $80.00 bucks,and remember I am just guessing.

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Chris on July 13, 2008, 12:22:10 AM
No rear speaker control, pretty plain Jane. As far as what it is worth I dont have a clue and would not want to insult you by putting a price out there that would be way under market value. if I had to guess and let me stress the word guess I would say that a non repo lens like that in good shape would have to be worth in the neighborhood of $40.00 to $80.00 bucks,and remember I am just guessing.

i think jims auto parts online sells them.