News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seen These Yet?

Started by Shakey, October 19, 2005, 07:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

:)

4402tuff4u

No wonder replacement/reproductions are expensive. Can't imagine how much it would cost to fabricate a mold like that!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

ScottW

Too cool!
I wonder how long it takes to make a batch of 10!
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

cudaken

Mine is still pretty good, but any idea what the ones ones will run? Does look like a lot of work, and heavy as well.

Cuda Ken
I am back

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hotrod98

I'm guessing that these are the ones made by stinger. ???

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Shakey

These folks are in PA.

Currenlty out of stock but the prices sure look reasonable, compared to what we have seen on E-bay.

Mine has the usual crack at the rear, almost every console I see has the same crack.

I found this over the '70 site.

http://www.landpenterprise.com/index.html

BrianShaughnessy

Heard about them... haven't seen one till now.   

I know it's probably a lot easier than figuring out the stinger fiberglass one I have sitting at home.

I'll probably end up buying it and throwing the stinger in the parts pile.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

ChargerHound69

I know for a fact the molds are very exspensive to make. 
I also know that the price for the first 1000 or so will more than likely pay for it.

I also know that I may have to be part of that 1000 :yesnod:

Shakey

Tooling for that could run upwards of $100,000.00.  However, if it were tooled in China and shipped to North America it could be less than 50% of that cost.  A lot of times quality could be an issue but with a one time mould, I am sure they would work out any bugs prior to offering it to the public.

That tooling would probably be amortized over the first 3500 + units, using a $30.00 tooling fee factored into the selling price.  I certainly wouldn't expect to see the price coming down after the tooling has been paid for.

For $250.00 USD, I might just take the gamble and buy one, perhaps in the Spring.

ChargerHound69

$250.00 is all they are asking!!!!!

I might get one today.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I would like to see a close up pic of the grain.

The console doors look nice
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ChargerBill

I'd also like to see the grain. I imagine that there could be flat spots in the grain in sporatic areas just because of the nature of the production process... $250 isn't bad though. :yesnod:
Life is a highway...

Chris G.

I thought Han Solo might be popping out of there.

Lookms pretty good, but a close inspection is always the best. Wonder if this will be on the show circuit next year? I hope so.

LeeBoy

Woow look what they have coming in the future.
Hopefully some 71 cuda grills and 68 to 70 chargers as well as others.
            Coming Soon!

1970-1974 E Body Rally Dash Heater Control

1967-70 B body Console Door Hinges

1970-74 E Body Console Door Hinges

1967-74 B & E Body Console Latches

1972-1974 Cuda Headlamp Bezel

1972-74 Cuda Grille

1970 Cuda grille

1971 Cuda Grille

1970 Cuda Headlamp Bezel

1970-71 Cuda Tail Panel

1968-1970 B Body "A" Post Mouldings

My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

Charger_Fan

Man, that's just a thing of beauty, same with the A-post mouldings!! :yesnod:

I hope the quality is top notch.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Hard to tell if there even is a grain pattern. 125 of us need to pitch in $2 and buy one for Shelly's project Charger and have her take lots of pictures and give us a review.

Shakey

Quote from: bull on October 20, 2005, 02:29:05 AM
Hard to tell if there even is a grain pattern. 125 of us need to pitch in $2 and buy one for Shelly's project Charger and have her take lots of pictures and give us a review.

Good idea!  :iagree:

Afflyer

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on October 19, 2005, 04:33:10 PM
I thought Han Solo might be popping out of there.
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Looks pretty good, I must admit.  The link to the site that sells them needs a permanent tag on this site.  Not everyone will remember this thread.

Bradley  :icon_smile_approve:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"