News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who's 68 from MI/What happened???

Started by Fast_68_440, July 07, 2008, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast_68_440

I saw this blue 68 on my way home last night parked in a parking lot.  It had Michigan plates on it.  This picture was taken in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, near O'hare airport area.  This morning while I was at work I saw it being towed away on a flat bed truck, I hope they were careful while trying to get in on the truck.....who's is it???? What happened?

BrianShaughnessy

Don't know whose it is but that's generally a sign of someone that didn't retorque their lugnuts after some sort of tire changing activity.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

HKCharger

craigandlynda

some sort of changing activity.....as in, wheel theft interruptus?

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: craigandlynda on July 07, 2008, 07:25:08 PM
some sort of changing activity.....as in, wheel theft interruptus?

Could be... but I highly doubt it.    I'm sure this person will be claiming that  ::) 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Dave22443

I can't tell if the studs are still there or not.  Maybe they broke?  I had that happen to me twice on a pickup I owned.  They go without warning too.  If you leave the lugs loose (as I have also done) they make quite a racket long before the wheel falls off.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

69*F5*SE

68charger383

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Steve P.

Looks to me like busted lugs and when the tire/wheel popped loose it took out the quarter.. Car drove right on over it..

I shredded the center out of a Cragar S/S years ago. I got lucky and took it out when the tree went green. The car wasn't really moving and DID NOT take out the quarter...  Doesn't look like he was as lucky..   :P
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BCSharp

That just about makes me sick to my stomach.
It reminds me too much of a friday night back home in Arizona when I took my Barracuda out for its first cruise down Speedway Blvd back in 95.  The front end started making a horrible racket when I went to make my first U-turn.  Despite this scary turn of events, luck was definetely on my side that night.  I imediatately pulled into the car stereo shop which was just ahead.  Believe me that was the last place I wanted to be since it was the friday night hang out of a bunch of import guys, who ever heard of putting money into imports? :shruggy:  Turns out that only two lugs were keeping my right front fender from meeting the ground, and the lugs were right next to one another!  The other three had broken clean at the brake drum.  No auto parts stores were open at that hour and I didn't want to ditch the Barracuda for the night so it was time for a little ingenuity.  We hammered out one of the lugs from the left front and positioned it across from the two good ones on the right.  Then we slowly limped it to my buddies place which was right around a corner.  Needless to say I replaced every lug on the car the next day!!
71 Charger R/T, 440 4 speed