News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1/4s from AMD or classic body design ?

Started by 65post, July 02, 2008, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Quote from: WingCharger on July 05, 2008, 01:44:15 PM
Are these full quarters? Do they have the door jams?
NOS quarters don't even have door jambs. See the pictures above.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

twenty mike mike

Quote from: usachargerparts on July 05, 2008, 07:11:57 AM
:cheers: USA Charger Parts will be at Carlisle & mopar Nats with Full Quarters & Door Skins Manufactured by Classic Body Designs. Stop by and see these panels for your self. If anyone as ever seen a perfect body panel from Tiawan please let me know. Cheaper maybe ,but check with your body shop on the cost to work with a Tiawan panel.

Classic Body Designs are made in the USA!

Putting Tiawan parts on a Muscle Car is just plain SICK!

Even as a card-carrying xenophobe, I'm not convinced by your "argument."

As was pointed out, a post has already shown that AMD fenders fit, with pictures to prove it.

However, there is more to quailty than just fit and finish. Show us proof that your panels are superior to AMD's (more resistant to intergranular corrosion, not as easily dented by road debris, or whatever other "goodness" measures you can come up with, and you're more likely to have a loyal following.

I pay more to buy things made in the U.S., but only if they have the quality to make them worth buying in the first place.

usachargerparts

I am not going to get intp a fight here or put any other companies name out. We will both be at Carlisle so look at both their and you decide. I haven't seen a quailty body panel for any kind of car from Tiawan in twenty years.

Myself I like an American Muscle car to be American!

Quailty ain't cheap but you won't have ours rust out in two years or put your thumb against it and bend it. Take a close look at the fenders out I wouldnt think of putting  them on my Hemi Charger.

You do what you want.................................. :brickwall: Simple question has anyone ever yet bought a perfect quailty body panel from Tiawan, China or Japan if you anwser yes ....Give up your American pass port and move!

G-man

"are the full quarters same thickness as what the factory made back in 1968 for the Chargers or are they thinner gauge steel and therefor bend easier..."  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

usachargerparts

Classic Body Designs are made by an OEM Stamping Plant in Michigan YES they are the exact same 18 gauge steel as used by the factorty; :brickwall:

If Tiawan could make such great and cheap body panels . Don't you think GM, Ford & Chrysler would by all their body panels and save paying union workers. Well they don't because your car would bend like a pop can when you lean against it....

Next these guys will think Tiawan has a space shuttle too.......

Look at all the toys and dog food recalled from Tiawan, China, Japan these guys should by their babys food and feed it to their kid from these countriesIts cheaper than kroger;

Bottom line Quailty Parts are not for everyone.. Maybe they can put the thin poor quailty body panels on their car thenslfs and not pay a body shop a bundle.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: usachargerparts on July 05, 2008, 09:00:19 PM
Classic Body Designs are made by an OEM Stamping Plant in Michigan YES they are the exact same 18 gauge steel as used by the factorty; :brickwall:

If Tiawan could make such great and cheap body panels . Don't you think GM, Ford & Chrysler would by all their body panels and save paying union workers. Well they don't because your car would bend like a pop can when you lean against it....

Next these guys will think Tiawan has a space shuttle too.......

Look at all the toys and dog food recalled from Tiawan, China, Japan these guys should by their babys food and feed it to their kid from these countriesIts cheaper than kroger;

Bottom line Quailty Parts are not for everyone.. Maybe they can put the thin poor quailty body panels on their car thenslfs and not pay a body shop a bundle.

Im a big fan of buying American myself, but I cant stand when one company bashes on anothers product. people arent buying parts made in China because they love the Chinese , they buy them cause of the MAJOR diff in price!  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: usachargerparts on July 05, 2008, 09:15:02 PM
Some people just don't get anything!

:brickwall:

So its ok to hack a American Muscle Car together then put it on Ebay for 100K must be someting in the water...

Well evryone that things cheaper is better then go buy it!

Quality parts CAN be made anywhere in the world not just here in the US the problem is Price .......lower youre prices and make the money from volume instead of on a small number, Ill spend some extra for American made but not the prices Ive seen from the USA made Charger 1/4 panels.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi-hampton

I know one thing, Being in the collision restoration business I'm sometimes forced to work on newer cars & I can say these newer American cars are made of tin foil & have no problem bending easily on there own with no help from the Taiwanees or Asians. I also know that the after market parts I get for these newer cars are garbage with poor fit & quality & are made in Taiwan, asaia, china, japan, korea, ect, ect. A dealer part fits much better but are twice the price. Problem is the big 3 price there parts so high that the price to fix far outways what vehicle is worth so car is deemed a total loss. Thats the way the big 3 want it. Get in a front end collision & just scrap your vehicle & buy a new one. A scam but keeps them busy making cars. Problem I get is customers cars are repaired with cheap after market & then they complain it looks like crap. Get what you pay for. LEON.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: usachargerparts on July 05, 2008, 09:50:49 PM

Some people just dum and dont get anything .

Ron has built a decent reputation with good business practices.  Do you think he'd approve of yours?  Afterall you are representing his product.  :shruggy:

usachargerparts

Your right Ron is a great guy and runs a good business. I do too but I will not take verbal abuse or bad opinions without speaking mine. It is a two way street why should I set back and get bad mouthed . I am nice to those that talk with common since and respect.

I do not and will not speak bad about any other company or their personal. If they have a nice product that fits their budget then thats great. :brickwall:

Chris G.

suntech

I see that this question has been almost like open a can of worms, for some, and that is sad, since we actually are havinging a luxury problem now, with 2 companies making the rear quarters.
I am from Norway, and dont care about the patriotic part of this, by buying American, made by union workers etc, BUT i am quality minded.

When i picked up my car in Paw-Paw IL in June last year, i actually drove by Hardcore Racing, and saw and touched the samples they had, and they looked and felt great, but i could ofcause not say anything about fitment, from a loose quarter on the floor!!! I was actually ready to buy a set right there and then, for 5K!!!!
Well we all know how the Hardcore deal worked out, and when Ron, who was a victim of Hardcore himself, bought this part of the operation, to put it on the market, and make a desent living, he got bashed here and other places, NOT FOR THE PRODUCT, but for the fact that he used to work there. Nobody seemed to remember/care about that he also was layed off, like the other employed at Hardcore. Ron has now got quarters out there, and people are superhappy with them, and we should be happy.
The way i see it though, Ron has made just 2 mistakes in this prosess, and that is : Not having a pricetag on his website, and letting resellers use sales-tecniques like seen here!!!
And to be honest..............if 1500 is the official price now, i don´t think that is outragous at all, and i would have bought them, if i was in a hurry.

AMD has done the mistake of announsing the quarters before they actually have them for sale, but i think it is really brave done of them to hold them back, to make sure the product is right, and i think that tells us that they are quality minded, and has the balls and funds to do it right, and not just out for a quick buck!!
I havent heard anything but good of the AMD parts that is out there now, so i have strong faith in that also the quartes will be great.

There is a lot of talk about flimsy "chineese" metal, and it sounds like it is a general opinion that half of the far east are collecting tin cans, and recycle them to sheetmetal over an open fire, and the only good metal there is to get, is in the us!! Well..........wake up guys!!! That aint the case!! They can make exactly the same as we can, but with the low labor costs there, many companies has fallen in the groove, trying to make a a lot of cash.............fast. Gotta remember that most of the workers over there dont have any "strong feelings" about what they are doing, but they do as they are TOLD, so the key is to tell exactly how you want it. Their strong side is mass production, and not individualism!!
The tooling costs in the far east is a fraction of what it is in US ( and here in Europe), so i dont blame anybody for getting the job done over there, and it would be really stupid of a company like AMD to try to "save" a couple of grand on bad tooling, and 3 dollars a piece, with thinner and/or flimsy sheetmetal, with the effort that is putted in to it.

A question for the guys that has got/seen/fitted the front fenders, since that is a pretty hard part to make: Are you happy with fitment and metal quality??

Let the quality speak for itself, when BOTH quartes are on the market, and dont use cheap shots like seen here before. :Twocents: :Twocents:

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Dodge Don

Guys guys guys.......the rhetoric is astounding here.

Just the facts.....I bought a pair from CBD direct and they are top notch. I can seriously recommend them. The quality is fantastic. Yes they are expensive but worth it in my opinion. AMD also has a good general rep but after a year of promises still no full quarters. Time will tell if they are good or not....I cannot see why they wouldn't be. Where they are made is not relevant to me, quality is quality regardless of who makes it and where.

If you cannot afford the CBD full quarters then wait for AMD. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. But slagging CBD because of the price is moronic.....compared to what? NOS? These are equal to NOS easily which have gone for huge $$$ if you can find them.

Remember this jamoke spouting off is a RESELLER....he is not CBD. People are getting confused. I don't like the aggressive sales approach either....it just rubs everyone the wrong way.

69*F5*SE

twenty mike mike

Quote from: Dodge Don on July 06, 2008, 08:53:03 AM
Remember this jamoke spouting off is a RESELLER....he is not CBD. People are getting confused. I don't like the aggressive sales approach either....it just rubs everyone the wrong way.

Yup, some adult supervision is sorely needed there.

nitrousn

Quote from: Dodge Don on July 06, 2008, 08:53:03 AM
Guys guys guys.......the rhetoric is astounding here.

Just the facts.....I bought a pair from CBD direct and they are top notch. I can seriously recommend them. The quality is fantastic. Yes they are expensive but worth it in my opinion. AMD also has a good general rep but after a year of promises still no full quarters. Time will tell if they are good or not....I cannot see why they wouldn't be. Where they are made is not relevant to me, quality is quality regardless of who makes it and where.

If you cannot afford the CBD full quarters then wait for AMD. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. But slagging CBD because of the price is moronic.....compared to what? NOS? These are equal to NOS easily which have gone for huge $$$ if you can find them.

:iagree: I bought a pair of Rons panels and am not looking back. The AMD guys kept me in promises to long. You get what you pay for and I am sure the CBD will always be in an upper class of there own. :2thumbs:

Mike DC

I agree about the price issues being overblown.  If you want good used or N.O.S. it'll cost a lot more.  If you even just pay a shop to fit the old worn-out-tooling partial Goodmark skins, it'll cost a lot too. 

The CBD quarters were built like N.O.S. stuff when I felt them last year.  No reproduction musclecar sheetmetal part has EVER felt like that before that I've seen.  Not any sheetmetal panel, for any car, of any brand.  If CBD was making all the repro metal for musclecars like that, then classified car ads would stop claiming "original sheemetal" as an asset. 

I don't hate the Asian repro metal on principle or anything, but so far the Asian stuff has never had the alloy quality that it should have.

Dodge Don

69*F5*SE

That's what I was wondering.  Did AMD have anything to show that hasn't been seen already?   :popcrn:

rlushia

Ladies and Gentleman

I am not one to post to much on here and for certain I don't want to get into any wars with my competitors. I have been reading and looking at the responses about my panels against others that are out there. I can only say what I know the best and that is about mine. USA Charger is a distributor of mine and I must say a very good one. When I first bought the  business I ran some posts offering these members our members to be able to take the opportunity for a buy in price. The only way I could get the pricing down was to be able to sell in some kind of volume. The good people from USA Charger called and wanted that opportunity. We discussed it over and over and came to an agreement. That was the beginning of USA Charger as they are today and seen at Carlisle. These people made the financial and physical commitment to sell Classic Body Design Inc. panels in the manner they should be sold. We agreed that neither company CBD or USA Charger would used the strategy of bad mouthing our competitors. I stand on that today. I have read their posts and no where do I see where they have named a competitor in any kind of bad light. I will say that they have been straight forward in the accusations that our pricing is to high or the quality is not up to par. They took the time before signing on the dotted line as a distributor to do all their homework on the product they chose to represent on be halve of Classic Body Designs and know they would be selling a correct quality piece each and every time. I think we all know that there is a difference in the quality and correctness on sheet metal we have seen come from abroad, in every type of vehicle not just the chargers. I will explain again that the cost of making these panels here in the USA and having them as good and correct as they were when made is a very very expensive proposition. When I bought the company I did my homework also and after talking to so many of you guys and reading magazines books and anything I could get my hands on made the decision that the majority of all of us Charger lovers wanted panels that were correct in gauge and correct in contour, and preferrably made in the USA.  That is when I decided to go ahead and purchase this company. I still believe it is the way everyone wants it. If you guys remember when I started the list price was $2,495.00 each and after as much pencil crunchy and thinking of ways to cut back in areas that wouldn't effect the  quality or the product, or the quality of the packaging to get them to you guys, the price has dramatical dropped. I still have the opportunity for anyone interested to become a distributor if they want to discuss a buy in with me. If a decent buy in is agreed upon then a distributor can make a fair profit and make it worth his wild to represent them at show or meets or where ever he chooses. The people from USA Charger did exactly that and haven't looked back. They have a passion for these cars and what they sell and I admire that.
  The one last thing I would like to explain is my position on announcing products when the are going to be released. I will not promise or take a deposit on any part I can not ship out at the time of the order. Which brings me to fenders. I will not release the fenders until they are done packaged and ready to ship. Nor will I try and make a guess as to when that would be. I can only tell you that fenders are in development and all three years  68,69,and 70 will be available. Yes I know the 70S are totally different but it is something that has to be done. I can't see selling you guys the quarters and skins for these three years of cars and then saying sorry to you guys that have the seventies after buying my qtrs. When I am sure and have them in hand you will  be notified by Classic Body Designs Inc. or USA Charger. I will  also contact everyone that has purchased qtrs or skins from me so they can have first crack at them. Please dont forget that the opportunities are equal to everyone you just have to call and qualify as a distributor. My ego or vanity is not that great that I think we are for everyone and I can live with that, but please don't confuse that as thinking I wouldn't want to sell each and everyone or you my products. If anyone wants to discuss it I am always open to chatting with any of you guys from here. Thank you for the business you guys have done with me so far and looking forward to doing more. I must say that the fellows I have had the opportunity to deal with on here so far are class acts and I emphasis that. I feel I have made some friends and I can only hope I can be there when you need me. Please dont hesitate to contact the fine people at USA Charger if they are easier to get in touch with or happen to be at a show near you. They have the support of Classic Body Designs Inc.

Sincerely,

Ron Lushia President
Classic Body Designs Inc.

248-624-5952 office
248-767-9029

69bronzeT5

I'd love to get a pair of CBD quarters..but they are out of my price range :icon_smile_dissapprove: so I'm waiting until AMD has there's...
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

472 R/T SE

Hello Ron.

Way, way cool that you're talking about '70 fenders.  :2thumbs:

Part of my post was part of a quote from usa that has since been deleted.  You've shown up after this thread has been edited.  :icon_smile_wink:

1970RT

$1500 for a correct full quarter of $500 for a door skin isn't that bad considering what these cars now sell for.  70 fenders too?  WOW!!!!!!!  One of the reasons I get worried driving my 70 is knowing what a pain it would be in a fender bender type accident to find replacement sheet metal.

hemi-hampton

Mike DC

Quote$1500 for a correct full quarter of $500 for a door skin isn't that bad considering what these cars now sell for.  70 fenders too?  WOW!!!!!!!  One of the reasons I get worried driving my 70 is knowing what a pain it would be in a fender bender type accident to find replacement sheet metal.

That's how I feel.

Look at what a flawless no-rust original-metal Charger body sells for these days.  Then look at how big a chunk of a Charger's body you're getting when you buy a set of quarters.