News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1/4s from AMD or classic body design ?

Started by 65post, July 02, 2008, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

With two companies doing these charger panels now is there one better than the other as far as fit and finish ??
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

69bronzeT5

Dont know about Classic Body Design but I've heard great stuff about AMD's quarters. I'll be going with them :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Aero426

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: DougSchellinger on July 02, 2008, 11:15:55 PM
Are the AMD quarters available yet???

They are listed at $699 a side on the AMD site.

Troy

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on July 03, 2008, 08:13:52 AM
Quote from: DougSchellinger on July 02, 2008, 11:15:55 PM
Are the AMD quarters available yet???

They are listed at $699 a side on the AMD site.
That doesn't mean you can have one in your hands next week. As far as I know, they haven't been officially released.

So, if your body guy is waiting on quarters before he can go any further with your car then your only choice *today* is CBD. That can change rapidly though. I don't know of too many people who have seen the AMD parts in person and non one who has installed them (since they aren't available). Since I'm not in a giant hurry on my cars I can wait for head-to-head comparisons but other people may not be in the same situation.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

RIDELIKEHELL

I can't wait any longer for AMD as they are saying August??? (if they testing goes smooth) but I do give Kudos to Jeremy for his work on here in letting us know what is going on. Any pics that he posts are of the AMD products but others posted he said aren't theirs. I was told by him that AMD has NOT released any 1/4's yet. I have to order a bunch of metal from AMD but may bite the bullit & get the 1/4's out of Michigan at CBD as I want my 68 R/T done for next summer..it's been 2 yrs now...

my :Twocents:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

suntech

I have a big order with AMD, including the 1/4´s, and i am waiting for them, to ship everything in same container. I actually talked to them yesterday. They said that they were actually nice enaugh to sell now, but there was a small irregularity on the inside of the sail panel, i think, and they wanted it perfect , before they want them on the market.
I would ofcause like to have my stuff home as soon as possible, but i will wait paitiently. :popcrn:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

charger_fan_4ever

I saw on their site that there were parts that you couldn't click on to get a price, so i figured these parts were in the works and the other parts are available. Guess i'll be waiting too for the comparison.

69*F5*SE

The CBD quarters will cost you more but they are a superb replacement panel.  Until the AMD panels are available there's no comparison.

Dodge Don

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on July 02, 2008, 09:37:39 PM
Dont know about Classic Body Design but I've heard great stuff about AMD's quarters. I'll be going with them :yesnod:

They don't exist but you've heard great things about them??

Classic Body Design has them, for real, and they are fantastic. I have a pair  :2thumbs:

Finn

How much more are we talking for CBD? The more I look at my frankenstein fender the more I'm convincing myself Ill need a new one.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Dodge Don

Quote from: Finn on July 03, 2008, 05:25:23 PM
How much more are we talking for CBD? The more I look at my frankenstein fender the more I'm convincing myself Ill need a new one.

CBD does not make fenders, they make full quarter panels and door skins. AMD has fenders but not for 70.

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

twenty mike mike

Where does CBD sheet metal come from?

I know AMD stuff is from Taiwan.

Dodge Don

CBD is built in US (Michigan).

Here are pictures of the full quarters and door skins I bought

charge69

I, too am waiting for AMD to release the rear quarters!  Hopefully soon and have been promised within 45 days!  I hope so.     Please tell me how much were the CBD  Door skins and how hard are they to install?   Thanks  Carl

Dodge Don

Prices may have dropped so check with CBD on prices. The resto shop that is doing my bodywork had the door skins on in one day. There were no fit issues at all....they were pretty happy with the quality and fit.

AKcharger

AMD STILL hasen't released them?? last Carlisle show they said they'd be out "soon"

Nice 1/4 don...ahhh fresh sheet metal! :drool5:

G-man

Are these full Quarter panels going to be same thickness as factory, or flimsy garbage thats too thin like those replacement skins which bend and warp on the bottom due to being thinner?

usachargerparts

:cheers: USA Charger Parts will be at Carlisle & mopar Nats with Full Quarters & Door Skins Manufactured by Classic Body Designs. Stop by and see these panels for your self. If anyone as ever seen a perfect body panel from Tiawan please let me know. Cheaper maybe ,but check with your body shop on the cost to work with a Tiawan panel.

Classic Body Designs are made in the USA!

Putting Tiawan parts on a Muscle Car is just plain SICK!

suntech

QuotePutting Tiawan parts on a Muscle Car is just plain SICK!
A pretty strong statement, without having seen the quarters from AMD. What would you do for front fenders?? Put on AMD fenders, made in Taiwan, and people has seen, got, and fitted, and told us that are perfect, or................................. patch up some old beaten up ones, with american made sheetmetal, that you buy on the local shop, and hammer in to "shape" ?? :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
I dont mind patriotism, but this is just getting a little over the top !!!!
As i have said man times before, it doesnt matter where the part is made, as long as the quality is right!!!!
And BDW, can you tell me the price on a CBD quarter..........................without needing to call somewhere, and not have to learn later on that somebody got them 1K  cheaper ???
Heard everything from 1500 to 2500
:shruggy:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Troy

Quote from: suntech on July 05, 2008, 11:41:21 AM
QuotePutting Tiawan parts on a Muscle Car is just plain SICK!
A pretty strong statement, without having seen the quarters from AMD. What would you do for front fenders?? Put on AMD fenders, made in Taiwan, and people has seen, got, and fitted, and told us that are perfect, or................................. patch up some old beaten up ones, with american made sheetmetal, that you buy on the local shop, and hammer in to "shape" ?? :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
I dont mind patriotism, but this is just getting a little over the top !!!!
As i have said man times before, it doesnt matter where the part is made, as long as the quality is right!!!!
And BDW, can you tell me the price on a CBD quarter..........................without needing to call somewhere, and not have to learn later on that somebody got them 1K  cheaper ???
Heard everything from 1500 to 2500
:shruggy:
What do you want from a reseller? Well, what I want is one who doesn't trash other people's parts to make a sale but that's just me. Any way, since you asked... here's usachargerparts' web site: https://www.dodgechargerpartsonline.com/Home_Page.php

The quarters are listed on the home page at $1,499. Not that it will matter much to you but, they're also offering free delivery to Carlisle (check out the Group Buys section).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

suntech

QuoteWell, what I want is one who doesn't trash other people's parts to make a sale but that's just me.
:iagree:
Lets wait till the AMD quarters are out, before this question is answered!!!

SFRT

id really like to see a phot of the back side of those 1/4s. specifically the sail panel area.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WingCharger

Are these full quarters? Do they have the door jams?