News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shipping cars

Started by CFMopar, October 18, 2005, 11:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFMopar

Anyone ship a car before? Where do you go to get a quote?
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

OldGuy

I shipped both my 1968 and 1969 down from Seattle, Washington to Salt Lake City, Utah in 2003.   Go on line and run "auto shippers" or similiar wording on Google.   I would highly recommend Passport Transport or Horseless Carriage using a closed carrier if your car is in any decent shape at all.   I prefer Passport Transport as you can see on the attached pics.   Definitely stay away from "Dependable Auto Transport" (DAT).   I used them to ship my 1972 Monte Carlo on an open carrier and it was a nightmare.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Brock Samson

the backup lights being lit make me wince... :o

ChargerHound69

I like the pictures.  I used a place in Reno NV.  I will dig around here and try to find the company name.  They did an outstanding job. 

Shakey

4402tuff4u

If you use an open carrier or closed for that matter, makesure you inspect the undercarriage when the car arrives and before you hand over the cash!! I made the mistake of not doing that and several days later after receiving my Charger I was working underneath the car and saw the "can-open" rips the transporter did to my car with the hydraulics hook tie downs. Was I pissed!!! Some of these guys are careless. The damaged could have been avoided using soft slings (nylon straps)!! Oh well, the body guy is going to fix the two rips and he said you wont be able to tell. 
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

41husk

Here is A # for a guy here in StLouis, his name is Calvin 618 797-7871. good luck!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

CFMopar

Well I got to get it shipped cross border.... I dont know how that works. Getting a quote now.
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g