News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holley

Started by Grip64, June 26, 2008, 04:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grip64

Hello fellas, looking for some advice.
I'm about to install a Holley Red electric fuel pump, i would like to know if i need to use a return line with this pump ??
All help most welcome !!
Thanks.

mikepmcs

BLAM! Here you go.  Hope it helps.

Welcome by the way. :cheers:

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/hly-199r7914-2.pdf

If it doesn't give you the correct info, the tech number is at the bottom of the page as well.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

oldschool

Quote from: Grip64 on June 26, 2008, 04:00:25 PM
Hello fellas, looking for some advice.
I'm about to install a Holley Red electric fuel pump, i would like to know if i need to use a return line with this pump ??
All help most welcome !!
Thanks.
[/q

uote]

you do not need a return line with a red pump,or a blue pump either.
i dont think you even need a regulator with a red pump.
hope this helps :icon_smile_tongue:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

Grip64

Got the pump up and running today, good fuel flow and pressure, but the pump feels HOT to the touch when its running, is this normal ?

oldschool

Quote from: Grip64 on July 02, 2008, 04:16:41 PM
Got the pump up and running today, good fuel flow and pressure, but the pump feels HOT to the touch when its running, is this normal ?
[/quote

]
a friend of mine has one,and his runs kind of hot too.
i think to have a cool running pump,you will need a bypass type system. :laugh:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

Grip64

Thanks for the info fellas, think i'll put some miles on it and see how it performs.

firefighter3931

The Red pump can be run as a deadhead unit but it will run cooler and last longer with a return line.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs