News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 HEMI!!

Started by WingCharger, July 04, 2008, 04:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/car/715260761.html   :o  Still has that factory 440 hemi in her. 1974 Charger had those?

Well, all i know is out the window. :brickwall:

Todd Wilson

Its a very rare car.   1 of none.

Todd

Silver R/T

this reminded me of a guy (idiot) at work said my charger isn't cool cause it doesnt have 440 HEMI
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Kevin68N71

Ridiculous.  Doesn't everyone know that only the 383s were hemis?
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

mikesbbody

Quote from: Kevin68N71 on July 04, 2008, 05:07:40 PM
Ridiculous.  Doesn't everyone know that only the 383s were hemis?
no, you got it all wrong its 340 cars that are hemi cars!

Todd Wilson

A guy in town here had a 360 Hemi in a 70's dodge pickup truck!

Todd

WingCharger

NO!!!!! your all wrong!  :icon_smile_angry:

Everybody knows the Hemi is a dress up package on the 225 slant six! :RantExplode:

bull

It's a Hemi. They just put the wrong heads on it.

craigandlynda

hmmmm....now, wasn't there a company some years ago, that was busy altering a set of 426 hemi heads, so they would bolt onto a 440 block? seems i remember seeing that story in a magazine a long time ago...guess it didn't work out....but does anybody know what happened to that experiment?

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: craigandlynda on July 04, 2008, 07:01:03 PM
hmmmm....now, wasn't there a company some years ago, that was busy altering a set of 426 hemi heads, so they would bolt onto a 440 block? seems i remember seeing that story in a magazine a long time ago...guess it didn't work out....but does anybody know what happened to that experiment?

I remember that. I think it costs as much to modify the 440 as it was to buy a hemi.

BBD

bsakal

I have that Hot Rod magazine, came out in '83 or '84, they took a stock 440 and installed aftermarket hemi heads on it, external oil return lines on it from head to crankcase, stroked it to 526, with 3.54 gears and a TF it ran low 11's or something, I gotta find the article, it's on my bookshelf somewhere. I kept the complete magazine intact because I thought that was the coolest thing.

As a matter of fact I will try to find the magazine and bring it to Carlisle if anyone wants to see it.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

Drache

Ok this might be a dumb question but:

Why couldn't a 440 Hemi be made?  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

DodgeChargerNeeded

Look at the dual stripe option, one front, one rear
Jeff

Dodge Don

Quote from: craigandlynda on July 04, 2008, 07:01:03 PM

Yes indeed. I recall it was Stage V Engineering that sold real hemi heads for 440 engines. It was real. But the company seemed to vanish several years later.

mally69

the company wasn't named ( hansen ) was it. I thought that was the name of those people who made them??

Todd Wilson

I wish I had a Hemi Flathead in the old 1947 truck!     ;D

Todd

Ghoste

Don is correct, the name of the company is Stage V Engineering.  They are still around but now they concentrate their efforts in the aftermarket aluminum Hemi head market.

craigandlynda

hey, my memory still works! :o  btw, i'm new to this site...i see some members are noted as "old timers"...
i was quite active w chargers and as a member of the northeast hemi owners assn way back in the mid seventies, thru mid eighties....moved to midwest and been kinda out of things for a while...looking for former NeHOA members that might also be out here in the midwest....upper midwest, northern minnesota...how would i go about finding them?

sharpspike

Quote from: Ghoste on July 05, 2008, 04:48:34 AM
Don is correct, the name of the company is Stage V Engineering.  They are still around but now they concentrate their efforts in the aftermarket aluminum Hemi head market.

saved this awhile back.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/mopar/bigblock/0506em_hemi/index.html

http://www.stagev.com/

moparstuart

Quote from: craigandlynda on July 05, 2008, 07:22:09 AM
hey, my memory still works! :o  btw, i'm new to this site...i see some members are noted as "old timers"...
i was quite active w chargers and as a member of the northeast hemi owners assn way back in the mid seventies, thru mid eighties....moved to midwest and been kinda out of things for a while...looking for former NeHOA members that might also be out here in the midwest....upper midwest, northern minnesota...how would i go about finding them?
Are you the guy i met at the winger warriors show in duluth? We met at the dealership and i told you to get on dc.com ?  Your from Ely ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

craigandlynda

moparstuart

Quote from: craigandlynda on July 05, 2008, 08:29:02 AM
yup
welcome glad your here hope you find your hemi owner friends !

craigandlynda

thank you great to be aboard...last rebuild was a70 roadrunner in delaware in 1997...moved up here in 98, and just now getting back into things...first, gotta build an affordable garage that will be good in forty below...been looking for 3rd gen charger for a while, not much up here tho...bumped into a 65 belvedere 1 2 door sedan, stick shift radio delete body, very tempting...heart is still w chargers tho

moparstuart

Quote from: craigandlynda on July 05, 2008, 08:36:23 AM
thank you great to be aboard...last rebuild was a70 roadrunner in delaware in 1997...moved up here in 98, and just now getting back into things...first, gotta build an affordable garage that will be good in forty below...been looking for 3rd gen charger for a while, not much up here tho...bumped into a 65 belvedere 1 2 door sedan, stick shift radio delete body, very tempting...heart is still w chargers tho
25 years ago went on a boy scout canoe trip up there .  We saw a 70 charger on a 4x4 chassie running around town . 

craigandlynda

lol i think i know the owner...guy named "boonie"...i think he has it fitted w a snow plow setup...i will try and get a few pics...