News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody Use Electric Exhaust Cutouts?

Started by THE COLONEL, July 03, 2008, 03:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE COLONEL

OK.  I have a chance to get a pair of these exhaust cutouts at probably a very good price brand new.  Does anyone have these on their cars.  They are "DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cutouts"  Of all the info I have seen, some say they can fit any car, make, model, & year, and some say they are specifically made for newer Vettes, & GTO's?  So here are a couple links that have the pictures of them.  The first picture is a store stock picture, and the next ones, installed on a Vette.  This topic of cut outs is new to me, but if they will work at a good price, I will get them and see what happens when I do the motor in The Colonel this year.  Thanks guys! ;)

http://marylandspeed.com/dmh-low-profile-electric-cutouts-pair-dmhlpecut-p-1313.html

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1292816
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

CB

I've been playing with this idea too, a long time ago. I don't think I'll get far before the cops will stop me and give me a ticket ;D
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Rolling_Thunder

Have used them on a customer car...    no issues in over a year...    he loves them!    :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

THE COLONEL

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 03, 2008, 04:15:19 PM
Have used them on a customer car...    no issues in over a year...    he loves them!    :2thumbs:

newer customer car?  I don't think the age of the car has anything to do with it...right?  they should fit any exhaust I would imagine.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: THE COLONEL on July 03, 2008, 04:32:12 PM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 03, 2008, 04:15:19 PM

newer customer car?  I don't think the age of the car has anything to do with it...right?  they should fit any exhaust I would imagine.

This was a 64 Dodge Polara....      age has nothing to do with it. any exhaust   :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

keepat

I put QTP cutouts on over 2 years ago and I use them every time I take the car out! They work great and sound awesome!
Pat

HILROD

I installed a set on a buddies car, he loves them. I also have a set for myself, not used yet.

THE COLONEL

I'm not sure if I will put these on, or sell these, but I'll figure it out this Winter, but I picked these up for $150.  Thay are brand new too.  These are $350 online.  After I hit the deer with my Caliber, and got it fixed, Mike (who did the work on the car) and I started talking about cars, and how I have a 69 Charger.  Well he told me about some parts his son had at the shop, and he wanted to get rid of.  Turns out, his son was due $150 from a friend, and this freind did not have the money to give him, and he was moving across the country, so he gave him these parts, which he said were well over the $150 that was owed to him.  Maybe I hit the deer for a reason! :roll:  :roll:

squeakfinder

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....