News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

08 flood pictures

Started by dukeboy_318, July 02, 2008, 01:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukeboy_318

heres some pics taken from the end of my road  this is over 5 miles from the nearest river.

1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

hutch

that does suck.  I love how everyone is blaming global warming on the melting of the record snow fall in the north that added to all this.  Or that global warming caused it to rain.  Or how we know what a 500 year flood zone is in land we have only lived in for 400 years.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Bandit72

Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Dave22443

Holy crap!  :o  Those pictures are 5 MILES from the nearest river!!!  Holy cow! 

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

jackel440

i cant see them here at work ,but i always wonder how many old cars get ruined from floods.People dont have enough time to get everything out when they have to evacuate.That would be so heart breaking :rotz:

craigandlynda

cars are also victims of floods...i was an army reservist/national guardsman activated for duty when hurricane agnes hit pennsylvania in july of 1973...our infantry platoon was in charge of enforcing curfew and patrolling in downtown area of harrisburg..that area had been flooded with about 4-6 feet of filthy, oily, dirty water...have several interesting auto stories...1) looked in window of garage in alley behind one house...saw a classic 1930's cord, al caked with wet mud and slime...2) mechanized boys were cruising down street thru 4 feet of water in an apc...hit an underwater object, made and awful mess..it was a parked corvette...3) gal rinsed out her volkswagen, spent two days cleaning it, and it would turn over but not start; had it towed; ...4) guy had an old, maybe 1956 dodge, that had been in about 2 1/2 to 3 feet of water...opened the door and the slime and water poured out...turn the key, mud and water spit out the tailpipe...and the damn thing started right up... (it was stil a loss anyway)

anyhow, "flood cars" were cleaned up[ and resold by unscrupulous dealers for several years after the event...so be careful out there...and my sympathies to those who lost a lot...

JimShine

I live not far away in Johnson County and we got hit real hard. Even the hospital was flodded out.

The flood water was less than 20 feet from my house, but it was because the storm drains couldn't handle the surge of water. I lucked out and was dry within a few hours, but neighbors nearby were not so lucky. The best you can do is offer a warm and dry place to sleep and something to eat.

twenty mike mike

Good thing you have Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton there helping you out.   :ohhthesarcasm:

69_500

Was down in Seymour, and Columbus the day after all of the heavy rain to make some deliveries for work. The typical delivery day down there takes 8 hours, and around 200 miles of driving. With having to go around all of the flooded country roads, and avoiding bridges that couldn't be passed it was a 16 hour day and 480 miles of driving to do the same stops.