News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What are these small parts?

Started by FastbackJon, July 04, 2008, 02:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

I took apart my AC/Heater box from my '66 Charger to restore it, and took lots of pictures, but somehow missed taking pictures of where these little parts go.

Two springs and some kind of bracket or lever.

The AC/Heater box should be the same from '66-'69 I believe.

Here are pictures of the parts. I'm thinking maybe they connect to the brackets near the vacuum canisters... But can't figure out how if so.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: FastbackJon on July 04, 2008, 02:09:10 AM
I took apart my AC/Heater box from my '66 Charger to restore it, and took lots of pictures, but somehow missed taking pictures of where these little parts go.

Two springs and some kind of bracket or lever.

The AC/Heater box should be the same from '66-'69 I believe.

Here are pictures of the parts. I'm thinking maybe they connect to the brackets near the vacuum canisters... But can't figure out how if so.
Don't cha hate when that happens?  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Nacho-RT74

dunno the level with spring but pretty sure the torsion spring it could be to the front vents or deffog ducts selection door, or kinda off
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

FastbackJon

So I see the one spring, it is at the bottom of the brackets. If someone else has this all out, can you check at see if the other spring and bracket are on there somewhere?

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

FastbackJon

Ok, I think I see all three parts....  :icon_smile_big: