News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help in identifying model derivative on a ‘72

Started by Carrots, July 01, 2008, 09:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryansgarage

Standard 72 Charger's have the swept up window.

konigcharger

it was a mid year promotional campain by dodge

when you paid for these:

m36- rear bumper periphery
m31- belt & hood moldings
m28- front bumper periphery
m25- wide sill molding
m21- roof drip rail molding
l37- concealed headlights
j52- inside hood release

you got this free:

v4w- white canopy roof

acompained by a build date of late Jan.- march

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv0vYc1x6po

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Carrots

Thanks for the extra info Sir, doesn't sound like the deal of the century though!

One thing that seems a little odd is that I have a hard top - now whilst I know that the car is far from original swapping the original canopy roof out and then reforming the shell seems like restoration gone wild to me.  Unless I'm misinterpreting what a canopy roof actually is that is........ ::)
a lascivious taste for the grotesque, the painfully paradoxical, the questionable and the absurd.

konigcharger

sorry, i should clarify...

so i made you this nifty picture

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Carrots

Thank you!

My current roof looks like none of those so certainly some food for thought there!  :eyes:
a lascivious taste for the grotesque, the painfully paradoxical, the questionable and the absurd.

konigcharger

Quote from: Carrots on July 05, 2008, 12:18:01 PM
Thanks for the extra info Sir, doesn't sound like the deal of the century though!

One thing that seems a little odd is that I have a hard top - now whilst I know that the car is far from original swapping the original canopy roof out and then reforming the shell seems like restoration gone wild to me. Unless I'm misinterpreting what a canopy roof actually is that is........ ::)

it wasn't actually that bad of a deal i think the topper package was less than $200 a vinyl top alone(very popular in the 70's) cost like $100