News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fender tag question

Started by oldgold69, July 01, 2008, 10:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgold69

I took off the fender tag the other day and under it was a little piece of steel  about  1/2 inch. Was there something that was attached to the fender tag that rusted or was broken off.

Ghoste

It's an inspection strip, as the car travelled down the line, each inspector left his mark on the strip.

69_500

Did the inspector leave a mark, or were they supposed to tear off a piece once it passed them on the line? I've yet to figure out what the numbers on those tags stand for.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69_500 on July 02, 2008, 06:07:46 PM
Did the inspector leave a mark, or were they supposed to tear off a piece once it passed them on the line? I've yet to figure out what the numbers on those tags stand for.

I think they tore off a piece with their depts. respective # on it
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

I know it isn't what the original question was, but overall what all numbers have you guys seen on cars? On the little tag that is?

oldgold69

Is that something I should try to reproduce or just forget about it .Would any of that info be on the build sheet

69CoronetRT

Quote from: oldgold69 on July 02, 2008, 10:56:55 PM
Is that something I should try to reproduce or just forget about it .Would any of that info be on the build sheet

You could reproduce it if you want but research the common tag inspection stamps and fonts and use ones appropriate for that plant.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.