News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Son's 72 Charger Reveil

Started by Daytona Guy, June 11, 2008, 06:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

royt440

:2thumbs:  I also love the doors and color combo.

Daytona Guy

This was my first Charger from 1979 - I was 16. I bought it for 200.00 and resorted it myself (my Dad taught me) and the rest is history. I love the looks of these cars. I thank everyone for your compliments – my son is soaking it up. This is what we need to keep this hobby going for the next generation.

moparstuart

great job passing it on to the next generation dane !  I am trying to do that with my kids
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TK73

KICK@SS!!!!!!

Wanna see that around Seattle shows this summer... if we get a summer...

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

plum500

Holy crap that looks great! Awesome job!  :2thumbs:

Daytona Guy

Quote from: TK73 on June 12, 2008, 08:29:42 AM
KICK@SS!!!!!!

Wanna see that around Seattle shows this summer... if we get a summer...

Ha ha - soooo true - It looks good today – finally

Blown70

BROCK

I love that black n red :2thumbs:
Any chance you could do a lil write up of how you hammered the doors?

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Brad

Thjat Charger looks awesome! I love the stance, the color, the wheels, everything about it. Its great to see the young ones getting involved. Congrats!

Lostsheep

jdiesel33

I love it. These 3rd gens are really growing on me. Not only did you resurrect another great MOPAR, but it was an invaluable experience to do it with your son. I have a 7 and an 11 year old and I hope one day they will take an interest.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

hutch

His car looks great and I am sure you are proud of him.  Hard work always pays off.  Great job dad, you did good with that boy.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

HKCharger

Nacho-RT74

looks really nice, specially for the low budget
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

nakita7

And people ask me what I like about 72 Ralllye Chargers.... :rotz: ::)

Looks good.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: nakita7 on June 14, 2008, 04:43:33 PM
And people ask me what I like about 72 Ralllye Chargers
why do you like 72 Rallye Charges ?
:nana:
:D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Big Lebowski

Right on, I like the part about paying $200 for a Charger back then. Way back when in '87 my buddies & I carved up a $150 rusty Florida '70 R/T Charger 440 speed...I got the 3.54 Dana, Pistol-grip & console for basically $75.  :D
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

nakita7

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on June 14, 2008, 08:18:36 PM
Quote from: nakita7 on June 14, 2008, 04:43:33 PM
And people ask me what I like about 72 Ralllye Chargers
why do you like 72 Rallye Charges ?
:nana:
:D

Those doors are just simply amazing. They just ALWAYS look cool, any colour, decals or not.

2fast4u

:cheers:  Congrats on the Charger Man!!!   That is one beautiful car!  you know what they say. . . once you go black!  . . .  :D

Black and red combo are always an excellent together!!!!

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Kevin68N71

Great work!

As a guy who has several cars to eventually paint, and wants to do it all himself on a reasonable budget, would love to know some details on your paint!

What kind of lung protection did you use?  Did you do it in your garage?  Was is simple to apply? Some details would be great....

KP
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

WingCharger

Daytona Guy

Quote from: Kevin68N71 on June 15, 2008, 11:02:46 PM
Great work!

As a guy who has several cars to eventually paint, and wants to do it all himself on a reasonable budget, would love to know some details on your paint!

What kind of lung protection did you use?  Did you do it in your garage?  Was is simple to apply? Some details would be great....

KP

Black Centari (Dupont) $200.00 - painted in my new shop - lay it on and color sand it till it looks like a show car. Ha ha. People asked it it was cleared. too funny.

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX