News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What seat belts for '69 Charger?

Started by 69chargerrt, September 07, 2008, 11:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerrt

Does anyone have pics of '69 Charger interiors that show where the seat belts go? Mine were missing when I got my car and while I located a new/used set I'm not sure which go where- or even if I have a full set.    The factory manual has some diagrams, but it's hard for me to tell from these drawings which seat belt I have goes in what position.

Pics would be great, but I'll settle for a verbal description.

Thanks!
David

'69 Dodge Charger R/T

Neal_J

OK, here goes.   For clarity, each pair of belts has a male end and a female end.  The front seats have 4 or 5 pairs of belts: (1) driver lap, (2) driver shoulder, (3) passenger lap, (4) passenger shoulder and, optionally, (5) center buddy seat lap belt.  First the obvious: the female end of the shoulder belts are attached to the roof above the quarter window (stowed by attaching to a male-end bracket under the visors).  The other easy part:  the male end of the front lap belts are mounted in spring-loaded retractors to the inner rocker panels.  OK, so all the remaining belts are mounted via bolts to a reinfored plate welded to the transmission tunnel.  On each side are the male end of each shoulder belt along with the female end of each lap belt for the respective seat.  Lastlly, if installed, the optional buddy seat belts are attached on the same transmission tunnel mount points (with the female end on driver's side and the male end on passenger side).  The transmission tunnel belts are covered by a rubber boot and use heavy-grade mounting hardware (Grade 5 or higher).  Get the right mounting bolts - it's your safety.

In the rear, there are three sets of belts for passengers riding in the left, middle and right locations.  For the outer seats, the male end belts are mounted the outisde and female end belts to the inside.  Also on the inside mounts are the belts for the center seat.  Like the buddy seat, the male end of the center seat is on the left and the female end is on the right.  The belts are bolted to the floor pan via welded brakets behind the rear seat cushion. 

If you want to get fancy, Mopar installed color-keyed plastic male-end clips to the front of the bottom seat custions to stow the female end of the seat belts when not in use.
Cheers!

Neal

69chargerrt

Thanks Neal- this does help me a lot!

David

'69 Dodge Charger R/T