News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thanks Dc.com

Started by dukeboy_318, June 28, 2008, 06:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukeboy_318

Well, this is a very sad and bittersweet moment for me, but i must make this annoucement.  After 3 months on the makret, my 2 1974 dodge charger SEs are now sold as well as the parts that i had for spares.  I was forced to sell to help pay for college courses and to help repair my home and vehicles from the severe weather indiana has seen in recent weeks. 

I do want to thank everbody on this site that has helpped me in anyway over the last 4 years.  i will still surf this site, ill just be chargerless, for now, i pledged to myself that once i graduate college, the first thing i will be doing is buying me another charger, regardless of year or motor.  Thanks guys and gals
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

Dodge Don

You made the right decision, when you cannot afford both, an education is worth more than a Charger.

A383Wing

squeakfinder

Good luck! You did what was best for you.  :2thumbs:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Steve P.

Don't be down on yourself bro.. Once you are done with school and land on your new feet you'll be able to do the search again and find just what you really want and not worry so much about spending...

You better hang around. You don't need a Charger to be part of the family.. Hell, I'm a mod and I don't own a Charger.... You just stick your head in the books and check on us when you can. We'll keep the lights on for ya....

:cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

Quote from: Steve P. on June 28, 2008, 11:45:01 PM
Don't be down on yourself bro.. Once you are done with school and land on your new feet you'll be able to do the search again and find just what you really want and not worry so much about spending...

You better hang around. You don't need a Charger to be part of the family.. Hell, I'm a mod and I don't own a Charger.... You just stick your head in the books and check on us when you can. We'll keep the lights on for ya....

:cheers:

Hey Chris, i have to agree with Steve here.....there will be other cars. I've been exactly where you are right now....i sold my prized 68 to pay for tuition years ago. That was also my very first car as well....had it 4 years at the time.  :-\ I also sold a freshly built tunnel rammed 440 and a race transmission & torque converter. I had all the stuff there but needed the Cash for a more important investment.  ;)

Hang around because you're still a part of the Family.  :2thumbs:

When you're ready we can cook up a nice stroker recipe for your next  Charger  :icon_smile_big:

Good luck with your courses and get your Degree....short term pain for long term gain.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

Yeah, make sure you hang around.  Charger ownership is not a requirement and as said, your education has to be first.

dukeboy_318

thanks guys, it wasnt so much the money for school,i that i was doing okay with, it was more the fact that i had no where to store them inside and sitting out in the indiana rust belt hurt more then letting them go.

Yeah, ill get my degree and then you can bet your bottom dollar that ill be hunting for a 1st gen, maybe a 2nd, 1st gens were always my favorite.  theres quite a few on ebay right now and i bet as the economy gets worse with higher gas prices, people will be off loading these cars soon, expecially if we hit 10 dollar a gallon gas. :cheers:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.