News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Video Clips : Charger Fast & Furious 4 chase scenes

Started by BlackStig68, June 27, 2008, 12:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStig68

Ran across this earlier. Not sure how the rest of the movie will turn out but at least a Charger is back  :2thumbs:
I believe this charger is NOT supposed to be the same one as the first film, as that one was totalled. Shooting in Mexico. I'll see it for this car alone.

Charger gets some air, crashes, chases a honda. (after 1:13 there is no more charger)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPg-U5RngY0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBwUL1MA30I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNVxI-4wUn4

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

CB

damn, that hurts to see the Charger hit that wall :(

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Khyron

2 new fenders ....

1 new hood ...

few cans of rattlecan black ....

and................... ACTION!  :icon_smile_big:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

six-tee-nine

Oh boy.........

Can't hardly wait to see prices for Chargers / parts on E-gay going up again
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

69bronzeT5

Why cant they make ONE Fast and the Furious movie where a Mopar...DOSENT CRASH.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Mike DC

Now, now, BronzeT5 . . .

Dodge Chargers can't make it through a movie intact, or else Jehovah will reign down fire from the heavens. 

Everyone knows about that commandment.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 27, 2008, 02:11:47 PM

Now, now, BronzeT5 . . .

Dodge Chargers can't make it through a movie intact or else Jehovah with reign down fire from the heavens. 

Everyone knows about that commandment.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

68charger383

At least the movie keeps the charger in the spot light.   :coolgleamA:

I saw a Universal Studios car carrier carrying 5 similar blacked out Grand Nationals and a hummer H1 the other day...I was wondering if they might be for the FF4 movie.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

BlackStig68

Quote from: 68charger383 on June 27, 2008, 06:58:52 PM
At least the movie keeps the charger in the spot light.   :coolgleamA:

I saw a Universal Studios car carrier carrying 5 similar blacked out Grand Nationals and a hummer H1 the other day...I was wondering if they might be for the FF4 movie.

I believe it was for the movie. I saw some screen shots around with a GNX and a Chevelle SS. So at least some decent muscle cars in this movie.
I liked the part in the second movie where the guy with the Challenger Revs his engine and the guy driving the ricer sharts his pants, other than that don't expect much from the films.

Mike DC

I think musclecar guys are too hard on the F&F movies.

Ricers are the present and the future.  Musclecars aren't dead yet, but IMHO we could all get a grip and share the spotlight a little after 40 years.  It won't kill us to give 15yo kids something else to bid on besides our dwindling supply of Chargers. 

Do these F&F movies wreck classic cars?  Yeah.  Next to the pile of wrecked modern cars, there's several old ones wrecked with every F&F movie.

Just like the old ones wrecked in Bullitt, DMCL, French Connection, Vanishing Point, Dukes of Hazzard, American Graffiti, Smokey & Bandit, Blues Brothers . . .

BigBlockSam

very surprising that a pro driver would make that mistake but these chargers luv to come aroud like that . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Mike DC

No telling what the driver was working with though. 

Those guys often have to switch from car-to-car without decent practice runs.  The tires might be hot or cold depending on when & what the last take was.  And it's not a private road course; the streets may be dusty.  And sometimes the cars are literally changing throughout the course of the day, as springs & shocks & sway bars quickly begin to sag from the abuse.

That's partly why stunt crews totally prefer automatics over manuals.  One less inconsistent thing on the car to worry about. 

bordin34

That was actually really boring to watch. Those rims just don't look good on the Charger either.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

BigBlockSam

QuoteNo telling what the driver was working with though. 

Those guys often have to switch from car-to-car without decent practice runs.  The tires might be hot or cold depending on when & what the last take was.  And it's not a private road course; the streets may be dusty.  And sometimes the cars are literally changing throughout the course of the day, as springs & shocks & sway bars quickly begin to sag from the abuse.

yea and the sun was in his eyes . you get paid to do a job  , you do it . thats why your a pro.   :yesnod:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Foreman72

figured i'd add my own shot...this keeps me on pins and needles haha

:popcrn: :popcrn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrJ4cVF9lYg  :popcrn: :popcrn:

how bout it huh  :coolgleamA:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

ChgrSteve67

I think the building jumped out in front of him.

How come the two cars didn't do a drift around the corner?

Lame driving for sure.

The GL drift is amazing.

Thanks for the vids and links!

FLG

Pretty lame...

Honestly....id understand if it was a more complex or faster drift (as with the GL) but turning a corner isnt all that difficult, sand on the ground or not...heck i think the sand makes it easier because your able to break the wheels free at a much slower speed.

Foreman72

Quote from: FLG on June 30, 2008, 01:54:32 AM
Pretty lame...

Honestly....id understand if it was a more complex or faster drift (as with the GL) but turning a corner isnt all that difficult, sand on the ground or not...heck i think the sand makes it easier because your able to break the wheels free at a much slower speed.

ya but you can't tell me u didn't think he was gonna crash...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Mike DC

I think you guys are being a little harsh though. 

How many days or weeks did they shoot that movie?  How many passes might have been done with those cars?  If there was one mishap over the course of 10 hours of film, the mishap would probably be one of 3 or 4 shots that makes the TV reel. 

And I've heard this from a few stunt guys --  big-time film directors have big egos but they usually aren't very car-savvy.  They don't always know when to say enough until something gets crunched. 

The stunt guys might give them 3 or 4 good passes as fast as the car can realistically do it, only to hear the director say, "This doesn't look good enough.  Gimme a faster run, I don't care whether you can guarantee to make it or not."   

BigBlockSam

in the late 70's or early 80's . i can't remember that far back. resin block.  i wiped out like 5 parked cars with my 69 charger . kinda like that stunt guy did . skinny , bald tires on the back of a very long car will do that to ya.

i have tha gl drifting video in my collection. i luv it , now thats impressive . Rene

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on June 30, 2008, 10:44:49 AM
in the late 70's or early 80's . i can't remember that far back. resin block.  i wiped out like 5 parked cars with my 69 charger . kinda like that stunt guy did . skinny , bald tires on the back of a very long car will do that to ya.

i have tha gl drifting video in my collection. i luv it , now thats impressive . Rene
the GL guy is just a little crazy !   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

gordo1968charger

68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs