News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hard starting

Started by charger Downunder, June 29, 2008, 03:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger Downunder

Today i went to start the car 70 charger 440.It was very hard to start at first i thought it was running rich choke stuck closed.
Pulled the aircleaner off all ok.
It then started and ran fine.
After i stoped it and went to start it straight away  it was hard to start i noticed a bad noise from the engine bay it looks like the starter motor is not disengaging sometimes once the car starts.
I got a screw driver and put it across the relay to start it and the noise was still their.
Before i pull the starter how do you check the starter relay and ignition switch.?
[/quote]

Chryco Psycho

use a voltmeter , make sure the brown wire has no power in the run position at the ign switch plug , make sure the yellow wire is not powered in the run position on the relay , it should audibly click when you turn the key to start & should not have any power on the medium size brown wire down to teh starter  when the key is released