News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gear drive.

Started by Brad, May 02, 2008, 08:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

Does anyone know if Pete Jackson makes a gear drive for a 440? I bought an engine with a gear drive but I couldn't find one on the internet from Pete Jackson.

Ghoste

There aren't many made for the Chryslers I know that much.  Milodon and who else??

John_Kunkel

440 Source has a BB gear drive that's similar to the Jackson.

http://www.440source.com/timingchains.htm
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Brad

I know that other companies make a gear drive. What I'm trying to find out is if Pete Jackson does. The 440 I bought has a Pete Jackson drive on it, but it doesn't seem right to me.

John_Kunkel

How do you know it's a Pete Jackson? Stamped in one of the components?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Brad

Yes, the large gear is stamped with Pete Jacksons logo.

Blown70

Typing Pete Jackson in at summit got some responses but they were for CHEBIES?

May have to find a Pete Jackson dist. or call there office yourself?

Tom

Brad

Yeah I'll have to do more research. I haven't found one for a 440 yet. I was thinking it might be for a chevy and was rigged up on this engine. Thanks for the replies.

morepower

my gear drive is pete jackson bought it 3 years ago, they offered a quiet and noise version for the 440.
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105