News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any front fender wheel well pics under the fenders?

Started by hemi68charger, June 25, 2008, 05:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang...
Anyone have any front fender pics of b-bodies, not it probably matters.. I'm looking specifically for inside the front wheel wells at the underside of the fenders from front to rear..... Year I'm really looking for is '68/'69..........

Thanks.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Shakey

When you asked about undercoating a few weeks back I posted some links in my reply that had some good shots of inner fenders.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Shakey on June 25, 2008, 06:37:58 AM

When you asked about undercoating a few weeks back I posted some links in my reply that had some good shots of inner fenders.

Did it include the top-side and outside portions of the inner fender area? I'll go look...  Thanks.......................

Note: not having any luck finding the thread via search........

I did find an old thread on moparts of mine with this... Pretty much explains it.........

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Charger-Bodie

If you plan on driving the car at all you will want to make sure the undercoating is fairly thick (like the factory did it) on the inside fender surfaces, or you will end up with out dents  from rocks flung up by the tires.  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1hot68 on June 25, 2008, 07:53:15 AM
If you plan on driving the car at all you will want to make sure the undercoating is fairly thick (like the factory did it) on the inside fender surfaces, or you will end up with out dents  from rocks flung up by the tires.  :Twocents:

Good point.. I'll make sure we discuss this at the shop........................
Troy

68 CHARGER R/T

is there anything better than that rock gaurd finish (black color look). i'd like to keep the paint on mine without it getting damaged

hemi68charger

Quote from: 68 CHARGER R/T on June 25, 2008, 10:35:24 AM
is there anything better than that rock gaurd finish (black color look). i'd like to keep the paint on mine without it getting damaged

You could paint over the undercoating? But then I'm not sure how long that would last.......
Troy

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 25, 2008, 01:32:44 PM

You could paint over the undercoating? But then I'm not sure how long that would last.......

Tintable bedliner, but I would leave the aprons etc. Just do the inner sides of the fenders themselves.

PS It does work, Ive done it.

Edit: this reccomendation is only for the non stock type resto.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1hot68 on June 25, 2008, 01:51:41 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on June 25, 2008, 01:32:44 PM

Tintable bedliner, but I would leave the aprons etc. Just do the inner sides of the fenders themselves.

PS It does work, Ive done it.

There ya go... great idea....
Troy

Shakey

The70RT

Restorations by Rick Kreuziger has the correct thick stuff. Just sprayed some. You can paint over it also. About 70 bucks a gallon.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us