News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona on the track... MORE PICS!

Started by NYCMille, October 08, 2008, 04:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Your "Mr. Angry" image doesn't fit the picture  :icon_smile_wink:  ....its more like "Mr. Nice Guy"  :angel:  Good job with the kids!  :2thumbs:

SFRT

man, that blue fake superbee just looks like a massive turd compared to the daytona replica. what an ugly car.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

68RT4ME

Those pics are fantastic Mike. I'd love to see a live video of that run.  :2thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Charger_Fan

That thing definitely looks sinister out there prowling the track for victims. :naughty:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

NYCMille

So far the car handles pretty well but there is still a few things to iron out. The Charger for instance runs a 1 3/8 sway bar up front with .96 bars whereas the Daytona runs a 1 1/8 sway bar with 1.22 bars. The Charger feels a bit stiffer in the corners though with less body roll, however the brakes on the Daytona are simply astounding - SRT8 14" rotors with Viper calipers with a hydroboost unit stop this thing on a dime. The Charger runs 13" rotors with a C5 Corvette caliper and hydroboost and while it stops fantastic the Daytona gets props. What I really need to do is a sideline comparison with both cars on a track as I am very curious to see who comes out on top - the other thing is I have 30k in the drivers seat of the Charger testing, developing, testing some more etc... I only have about 3.5k in the Daytona so I have a feeling over the next 6-8 months I'll really be able to make some considerable changes for the better.

bordin34

Mike, if you want to bring both cars to a track, I will gladly drive one for you...

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Aero426

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on October 09, 2008, 12:28:56 PM
i wonder how this beast of yours mike woulda fared out against the nascars back in the day :coolgleamA:

I am not disparaging Mike's car, but it's really not a fair comparison.  Everything on the stock car is so heavy duty, even a modern updated street car really can't compare when you view the total package.     The only thing the street car has in common is the idea that it's a unibody and has a torsion bar suspension layout.  By 68-69, everything on a factory Nichels built stock car was purpose built.    Other than the maybe the 833 transmission and rear gear, there is literally nothing mechanical on the street car that is used on the stock car.    The stock car didn't have disk brakes then, but their special drum setups could go 500 miles at Riverside.   But they don't look like any drum brakes you've ever seen.

Take a look at the attached photo of a '69 Charger race chassis and try any list items you could find on the production car.   Even when you get inside the unibody of the stock car and look around, it sure doesn't resemble the production car.    Look at the roof on Isaac's car and you can see it's been cheated up and pulled down at the windshield pillar.

NYCMille

I agree with Doug... I think ANGRIER would get properly TROUNCED by a 69' Nascar spec. Daytona... oh well though, it just means I got keep on tryin'  :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

reading this made me think of the OLY Charger that is thing is pretty radical too...

http://www.olympia-charger.com/