News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Please let me introduce myself. New member with pics.

Started by ChargerRon, June 24, 2008, 12:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerRon

Hello All. I have been visiting these forums and reading the posts for awhile now and I just now joined. My name is Ron and I am 29 years old. I just purchased a numbers matching  :icon_smile_big:, small block  :-\, 1968 Charger. I am so happy to own the iconic muscle car. I used to listen to stories from my dad about the 68 Charger he had, but had to sell for the good of the family. After he passed away in April 2006, I have been looking for one as sort of a tribute car to him. I found this one sitting in the yard of an older gentleman, who was about to have his son put it on EBay. It still has the inspection sticker and plates on it from 1982 when supposedly it was parked in a pole barn until recently. I brought it home and oiled up the cylinders,turned it over by hand, and then did a complete tune-up on it with the addition of a Pertronix electronic ignition conversion. The car amazed me when it fired up and after burning the excess oil out of the cylinders, runs great and does not smoke a lick. It may not look like much now, but I plan on making one hell of a daily driver out of it. With the help and expertise of the members on this site, I believe I can build a car my dad would have been proud of.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

oldcarnut

Hi and welcome  :cheers:.  It looks like you have something to give you a good start.  Good luck with it.
David

Blown70

AHHH PICS, Welcome and very nice start to a car you have there.! :2thumbs:

Dave22443

Welcome!  And good luck with your project!  You've come to the right place.  I love '68's   :coolgleamA:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

PocketThunder

Quote from: Blown70 on June 24, 2008, 12:32:44 PM

He's doing good right out the box isnt he...?   :yesnod:

Welcome to the site Ron..!  :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

challenger70

Weird, I'm Ron and am 29 and have a '68 Charger   :2thumbs:  What are the Chances :scratchchin:
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

THE COLONEL

welcome aboard Ron.  If you have any questions.....these guys know the answer. :cheers:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

69*F5*SE

Welcome aboard  :cheers:  Looks like you got yourself a nice project to start with.

Back N Black

Welcome!    :cheers:                     lots of great info here.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Glad you could make it over!  Good luck on the resto :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

Welcome Ron,..
sure a whole lot better looking then what I started with...

howdy, & welcome to the site!

Blown70

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 24, 2008, 12:45:24 PM
Quote from: Blown70 on June 24, 2008, 12:32:44 PM

He's doing good right out the box isnt he...?   :yesnod:

YES WE did not even have to tell him! 

Manfred318

Hello :wave: and welcome :cheers: Looks like a great start you have there :2thumbs: Aint nothing wrong with small blocks :coolgleamA:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

terrible one

Man, that is BEAUTIFUL! I would drive that thing as is for sure. I just love the looks of a rough Charger like that.  :2thumbs:

And you're about 200 miles away from me

Dans 68

Best year Charger to start with (or have, for that matter  :D ). And pictures right off the bat too. You have hit the proverbial Home Run for first time threads  :2thumbs: . Welcome to the site!!

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

tan top

hello & welcome ..  looks like a good project to start with :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

magnum

Hey welcome to the sight and nice project :2thumbs:. Looks like you have a good start. Goodluck with the resto :cheers:
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

ChargerRon

Quote from: Dans 68 on June 24, 2008, 03:21:30 PM
Best year Charger to start with (or have, for that matter  :D ). And pictures right off the bat too. You have hit the proverbial Home Run for first time threads  :coolgleamA: . Welcome to the site!!

Dan

As I've heard many times before, "a picture is worth a 1000 words", plus I'm kinda proud of it and like showing it off  :icon_smile_big: Thank you all for such a warm welcome.

G-man

Hi

Good luck, havent seen that kind of green on a charger myself... looks pretty good... think of keeping it that colour?

Would be different from the average car and look good doing it.

:cheers:

ChargerRon

Quote from: G-man on June 24, 2008, 05:25:33 PM
Hi

Good luck, havent seen that kind of green on a charger myself... looks pretty good... think of keeping it that colour?

I haven't decided on a color for it yet, but my wife seems to have taken an interest in the color on the quarter panel. What do you guys think about this green?

METAL STORM

that is great that you are getting the car to help remember your dad.i have a picture of my dad in my car.have fun making the car what you want it to be. :cheers:
dyno at 989HPat 6100/893 FT.lbs at3200 A/W IC 12 lbs of boost no ET yet.  http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/blownzoom440/?action=view&current=IMAG0025.flv

Brock Samson

looks to be pretty close to "sublime" a '70 hi-impact color...
would be different on a '68 for sure...

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

The70RT

Good luck. Looks like a decent car to restore no matter what color you choose.  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BROCK

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Ghoste

Welcome Ron and I'm sure your dad would be proud of you.  Great looking car.

G-man

Quote from: ChargerRon on June 24, 2008, 06:34:53 PM
Hi

I haven't decided on a color for it yet, but my wife seems to have taken an interest in the color on the quarter panel. What do you guys think about this green?

I myself am not a green person (If i was to do the car green, i mayswell have optioned blue, or, if I did yellow I mayswell have optioned orange thats my personal preference)

However maybe a tad darker?

I know it looks nice and different just not something I personaly would pay for as I am a blue person, sorta that sassy grass green the challengers have... Never liked that green on the challenger but on charger seems to work :)

Keep comming up with samples if u can, id give you 4  :2thumbs: if you keep it green! :icon_smile_big:

hemi68charger

Welcome aboard................  Nice base of a Charger................

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

ChargerRon

Quote from: G-man on June 25, 2008, 05:02:19 AM
Quote from: ChargerRon on June 24, 2008, 06:34:53 PM
Hi

I myself am not a green person (If i was to do the car green, i mayswell have optioned blue, or, if I did yellow I mayswell have optioned orange thats my personal preference)

However maybe a tad darker?

I know it looks nice and different just not something I personaly would pay for as I am a blue person, sorta that sassy grass green the challengers have... Never liked that green on the challenger but on charger seems to work :)

Keep comming up with samples if u can, id give you 4  :2thumbs: if you keep it green! :icon_smile_big:

I have never been a fan of green either. I was thinking about painting it a real dark purple or black, but green is my wife's favorite color and if all it takes is a green paint job to keep her from complaining about me spending money on the car then I'm all for it (at least until I get what I need done to the car) :yesnod:.

six-tee-nine

She still looks good, even the lower quarters aren't too bad from what I can see on the pictures....

Welcome here BTW
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dkn1997

Quote from: ChargerRon on June 25, 2008, 09:51:12 AM

I have never been a fan of green either. I was thinking about painting it a real dark purple or black, but green is my wife's favorite color and if all it takes is a green paint job to keep her from complaining about me spending money on the car then I'm all for it (at least until I get what I need done to the car) :yesnod:.

smart man.  gotta give the spouse a little power now and again.  tell her since she did all the work choosing the color, you will do all of the work choosing which shop will build the hemi for it
RECHRGED

ChargerRon

Quote from: dkn1997 on June 25, 2008, 06:53:02 PM

smart man.  gotta give the spouse a little power now and again.  tell her since she did all the work choosing the color, you will do all of the work choosing which shop will build the hemi for it

I said I was gonna spend money on it, but I dont want to have to mortgage the house for that Hemi swap.  :rofl:

G-man

Dont do black IMHO.

Black just tends to be "just black". Its nice, but blacks black so to speak. A lot of people do it to.

Dark purple...

If i come up with something I will be sure to give u pic.

ChargerRon

Thanks. Any pictures of purple Chargers you can come up with would be great!!!  :2thumbs:

Dave22443

I think they look really good in yellow, but I think thats probably been done already.  :icon_smile_big:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Dave22443

Quote from: ChargerRon on June 25, 2008, 08:37:05 PM
Thanks. Any pictures of purple Chargers you can come up with would be great!!!  :2thumbs:

How about this one?  (Stolen off eBay just moments ago)

- Abraham Lincoln

ChargerRon

I'm really looking for something darker than that. I really like your car, but I have a question for you. If you had it to do all over again, would you still put the vinyl top on it? I'm contemplating leaving mine off as I think they look better as a solid color.  :shruggy:

Dave22443

Quote from: ChargerRon on June 25, 2008, 08:55:20 PM
I'm really looking for something darker than that. I really like your car, but I have a question for you. If you had it to do all over again, would you still put the vinyl top on it? I'm contemplating leaving mine off as I think they look better as a solid color.  :shruggy:

Ah boy.  Thats the million dollar question now isn't it?

Considering that I have replaced the top twice now, I would have to think long and hard about putting it back on a third time.  I really like the way the car looks with it on, but I have had a really hard time keeping it glued down and bubble free.

When I do my next repaint, I will probably leave it off

- Abraham Lincoln

ChargerRon

Next repaint??? You can't change the color, it's got that nice yellowjacket effect to it  :icon_smile_big:

G-man

Quote from: ChargerRon on June 25, 2008, 08:55:20 PM

I will try photoshop that charger to a darker one. See what turns out. May not look real but at least it will give you an idea.

I myself, Vinyl top off.

ChargerRon

G-man

sample 01,02 and 03. If you get me a good photo of a Black charger in sunlight... might be able to get something alot more interesting that would actually look more real, as I wont have to darken it which causes the light reflections to darken also.

69bronzeT5

69bronzeT5

A member here (Brock Samson) owns this '69....

ChargerRon

Quote from: G-man on June 26, 2008, 02:42:14 AM
sample 01,02 and 03. If you get me a good photo of a Black charger in sunlight... might be able to get something alot more interesting that would actually look more real, as I wont have to darken it which causes the light reflections to darken also.

G-Man, can you make the top match the body on the first one you photoshopped? I kinda like that color as well as the color of the diecast 1 posted by 69bronzeT5. Thanks guys.

G-man