News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2008 Charger - What mods to do?

Started by bliskin27, June 21, 2008, 08:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bliskin27

Aight, so I just bought myself a 2008 black dodge charger, V6 stock. Im 20 yrs old and looking to start from the bottom up with this thing. Now, i'm not gonna be racing with it or anything, just to school, work and enjoyment but it is my main transportation.

I'm not exactly a car expert. I know little things here and there u know, but I want this thing to sound and drive with some attitude. I'm not looking to spend like $10,000 on it but willing to dish out some cash to hook it up. I want good acceleration, clean airflow and want it to sound nasty.

What are a few things I can add to it to accomplish these things? Please keep in mind, I am a bit of a noob for lingo and such but would appreciate any and all suggestions and input in the simplest way put. And if you make a suggestion, please give me an estimate of cost  :).

-Mike

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mike, welcome to the site :cheers:

As a new '08 Daytona owner myself I have found out that there are TONS of aftermarket parts available for these things.
While this is the best Charger site, you will find more "modding" info over at www.chargerforums.com or www.lxforums.com   They are more geared to the newer stuff.

Good luck with your new ride! :drive:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hutch

:Twocents:

sell it to your grandmother.  20 years old with a 4 door?  Might as well tell the chicks you swing the other way.

oh, and welcome to the site.
:D
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Brock Samson

Quote from: hutch on June 29, 2008, 09:04:52 AM

sell it to your grandmother.  20 years old with a 4 door?  Might as well tell the chicks you swing the other way.

oh, and welcome to the site.
:D

well, that sure went well..  :slap:

WingCharger

Welcome to the site man!  :cheers:

I have always liked the new Chargers! But one thing I found that is just pure awesome, is this concept: http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/2008/06/69-charger-gril.html

KWS

Hey man, welcome to the site. You'll notice some people around here still jump at every chance they get to dog the new Charger. I have both new and old Chargers, but I would recommend checking out the websites below for info on the new stuff. Good luck, and have fun with your car.

www.lxforums.com
www.chargerforums.com

***EDIT***
OOOOPS... just noticed someone else posted the same info above...

Just 6T9 CHGR

QuoteYou'll notice some people around here still jump at every chance they get to dog the new Charger.
It does get old doesn't it?  ::)

Good to see you posting Kenny...just got finished reading about your Duster in Mopar Muscle....great ride :drive:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Back N Black

Quote from: KWS on July 04, 2008, 03:27:47 PM
Hey man, welcome to the site. You'll notice some people around here still jump at every chance they get to dog the new Charger. I have both new and old Chargers, but I would recommend checking out the websites below for info on the new stuff. Good luck, and have fun with your car.

www.lxforums.com
www.chargerforums.com

***EDIT***

Duster looks awesome.  :2thumbs:

Finn

Quote from: Back N Black on July 05, 2008, 12:32:27 PM
Quote from: KWS on July 04, 2008, 03:27:47 PM

www.lxforums.com
www.chargerforums.com

***EDIT***

Duster looks awesome.  :2thumbs:

2nded. Id love to see more pics of the third gen as well, I saw part one of the resto in a magazine but nothing after that.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L