News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Charger got hit at the gas station tonite

Started by General Ryan, October 17, 2005, 10:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Ryan

pull in to get some fuel and step out, turn around and gas up.

Go inside, a gentleman inside in the line up tells me I should go inspect the front end as the truck pulling in hit my vehicle enough to move it.

Great...........Well, I go back out and I see 2 nice people have already taken his plate down and they give me their name and numbers to back me up.

So, I inspect the front end cringing thinking that the bumper was either scraped or pushed back or both or worse, the grille is broken.

lucky for bad luck I suppose when I see that only the pushbar was hurt.
Hurt meaning scratched and scraped along the whole bars and thats it.

The truck that hit it was white and left some of the plastic trim embedded a little into it as well but all I have to do is remove it, sand it down and repaint it, no big deal at all THANKFULLY.

I already repainted it once this year, so whats one more???

I will tell the police and let them deal with it as I have 2 witnesses who are more than willing to vouch for me instead of him shrugging me off.

I think there was more damage done to his white pass. door than my pushbar as he scraped the whole thing I'm guessing with his whole door which now has a streak of black paint.

Oh well, coulda been worse and at least I don't have to go hunting for a new grille or remove, ship the bumper away to be rechromed and repaint a fender and everything else.

BTW-I'm glad I bolted that sucker on there tight and snug so it'll take a beating, you could practically jack the front end up by the pushbar.

Brock Samson

Dale The Bold

It's a good thing that the General Lee critics didn't get the best of ya.  That pushbar wouldn't have been there.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

General Ryan

Quote from: Dale The Bold on October 17, 2005, 11:19:10 PM
It's a good thing that the General Lee critics didn't get the best of ya.   That pushbar wouldn't have been there.
Ya know, I was sitting here later thinking that,
Good thing it was there and securely fasened to the car unlike many of the small pushbar cars on the series!

Makes me even consider putting a pushbar on my next Charger just for that reason because grilles ared a tough find!

Mass_Mopar

wow, kinda like apollo 13, a sucessful failure...it's good bad news
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Shakey

F'in people eh!

Either an ignorant prick who hit your car and knew it, then left or a complete and utter moron who hit your car and has no idea he/she even did so.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 17, 2005, 10:52:23 PM
Charger 1, Truck 0! ;)

Or even better the other way around.....  0-1! ;)

Glad to hear it wasnt too serious.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bluesfool

Happy to hear it's only minor. I got a scare yesterday driving my Charger in to work. I was sitting at a red light and the guy behind me, in a new pickup, almost didn't stop. All I saw by the time he got stopped was his grille in my back window and how it lifted back up when he came to a complete stop. I just dropped my Intrepid off at the body shop yesterday too because someone cut my wife off and sent the front end of our car under their rear bumper.

BrianShaughnessy

That's crazy!   Good and bad luck at the same time... whew.

I got tired of repainting my six pack air cleaner bottom... so I dropped it off at the powder coaters last week and they blasted it and and put some satin black on it.   Looks great.   PC'ing might last longer than the paint but it's your wallet, etc.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

41husk

Thats why I am reluctant to take my Charger anywere that I am gonna have to park in a parking lot.  I took it to the movies one day and parked way outas far as I could on an end so there was no way another car could park on one side, when we got out of the show there was a car parked right next to me on the other side, no other cars around us.  no door dings are anything, but why do people do that?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

andy74

Quote from: 41husk on October 18, 2005, 10:04:22 AM
Thats why I am reluctant to take my Charger anywere that I am gonna have to park in a parking lot.   I took it to the movies one day and parked way outas far as I could on an end so there was no way another car could park on one side, when we got out of the show there was a car parked right next to me on the other side, no other cars around us.   no door dings are anything, but why do people do that?
BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE ARE DICKS

PocketThunder

Quote from: 41husk on October 18, 2005, 10:04:22 AM
Thats why I am reluctant to take my Charger anywere that I am gonna have to park in a parking lot.   I took it to the movies one day and parked way outas far as I could on an end so there was no way another car could park on one side, when we got out of the show there was a car parked right next to me on the other side, no other cars around us.   no door dings are anything, but why do people do that?

Because they want to have your car make theirs look good.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

nh_mopar_fan

blackcharger

so what did the MORON that hit the car have to say? is he sio blind thta he can't see 4000lbs of orange right in front of him? And at redlights, I ALWAYS keep one eye in the rear view. Just waithing for some idiot w/ a cell not paying attention.

Dave

Dale The Bold

Quote from: blackcharger on October 18, 2005, 11:11:41 AM
so what did the MORON that hit the car have to say? is he sio blind thta he can't see 4000lbs of orange right in front of him? And at redlights, I ALWAYS keep one eye in the rear view. Just waithing for some idiot w/ a cell not paying attention.

I do the same.  And I give myself a little gap between me and the car stopped in front of me.  In case I need to pull ahead because Beavis didn't low down enough to stop before my bumper, or so I can still make a quick escape around the guy in front of me when Beavis isn't slowing down.  With all the "innovations" that cause drivers to pay less attention, we have to learn to adjust our driving to compensate for the inept.  They should just make getting a license more difficult.  People seem to think the state has an obligation to give them a license, despite their inability to control a vehicle.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

General Ryan

I don't know how he didn't know, but the gas station just gave me a copy of the survalance tape with everything on it I need, his face/plate, my car and the crime.

The police will do the rest.

Also, I'm gonna double check everything on the car, but I think so far, the pushbar did its job.

Brock Samson

Yeah know with the trouble it is to get a good grill these days, (especially the I piece for us awsome '69s  ;)) Those push bars make alota sense,.. Im fact I've often thought of encircleing my entire Charger with Rebar!.. Freakin Moronivitchs!  :flame: Im glad yur baby's OK!  :icon_smile:

cudaken

As soon as I saw Push Bar I started to Chuckel a little, then I saw the PIC. Then I knew I was right, hard to hurt a GL in the front. Maybe if he backed up and hit you at 20 MPH but his truck would be totaled.

Cuda Ken
I am back

General Ryan

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 18, 2005, 01:02:14 PM
Yeah know with the trouble it is to get a good grill these days, (especially the I piece for us awsome '69s   ;)) Those push bars make alota sense,.. Im fact I've often thought of encircleing my entire Charger with Rebar!.. Freakin Moronivitchs!   :flame: Im glad yur baby's OK!   :icon_smile:

Quote from: Cudaken on October 18, 2005, 01:02:14 PM
As soon as I saw Push Bar I started to Chuckel a little, then I saw the PIC. Then I knew I was right, hard to hurt a GL in the front. Maybe if he backed up and hit you at 20 MPH but his truck would be totaled.

Cuda Ken

My thoughts exactly, I feared the worst, broken grille, just try and find one, and all because some idiot wasn't looking!!
Thought, when I get another Charger or de-generalize mine someday, I may stick the pushbar back on till the grilles are easily accessable again. Its also funny that MOST GL owners who have a pushbar mounted, bolt it for aesthetics only just like the show but most fold and do alittle more damage to the grilles by a little contact. Hell, if its gonna be there, it better function in my book, just for this reason

I'm mostly thankfull no sheetmetal, bumper or grille was so much as touched!

hemi68charger

Whew !!!   Lucky ...........   Has justice been served yet?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

MyMopar

So any news on the bandit?  Curious to find out what justice will be served.

General Ryan

I anxious too, but no word yet.

I saw the cop handling it yesterday and he said he hasn't even contacted the individual (I dunno why either?)

I said when he does, he can shoot him in the knees!

Anyway, I will update as soon as I hear anything back.

I appreciate the concern from all of you as well, and ironically, this may be the same guy who hit & run my co-worker's 66 Pontiac Catalina about a month ago, except they caught him going into the liquor store!!
Curious to find out if it is the same person as the description of the vehicle is similar.