News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Man, I found a barn find. BUT IT IS THE WRONG GENERATION!

Started by WingCharger, July 05, 2008, 06:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

I was in the car in a different part of my township, and as we passed a really old ramshackle barn, I saw the fastback of a 1st gen Charger!! It was dirty, but I could tell it was bright red. :drool5:

WingCharger

Quote from: HKCharger on July 05, 2008, 06:27:12 PM
pics?

Sorry, way to overgrwon, and somebody lives in a trailer near it, so I cant get any.  :brickwall:

Finn

:o

I'll give you 100 internet high-fives if you can get pics  :icon_smile_big:

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

ChgrSteve67

You know they put the NASCAR spoilers on HEMI Chargers.

Did you look at the motor?

Charger-Bodie

One thing you will quickly learn around here is that people will eat you up if you post found in barn or field or whatever threads WITHOUT pics.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

WingCharger

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on July 05, 2008, 06:59:20 PM
You know they put the NASCAR spoilers on HEMI Chargers.

Did you look at the motor?

Sorry, I didnt get out the car. My dad was in a rush to get a load of hay before the rain. It was pulled in the barn, so the ass end was all I could see. The great first gen Charger fast back.

elanmars

1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

WingCharger

pettyfan43

Man, that kinda thing NEVER happens to me, I LOVE the first gen Chargers. I have been toying with the idea of selling my 73 and trying to finish my 66. But man I have had the 73 for a  LONG TIME, probably the longest I have ever owned a car. Still not sure I like that idea. 

Troy

Thar's where I grew up. I can tell you where a lot of stuff is in the Cincinnati area. :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

FLG

Why not go and ask some one about the car? Could be a very nice find...worst thing that happens is the owners is a dick and tell you to go screw yourself, its worth a shot.

WingCharger

rav440

Quote from: FLG on July 05, 2008, 08:30:46 PM
Why not go and ask some one about the car? Could be a very nice find...worst thing that happens is the owners is a dick and tell you to go screw yourself, its worth a shot.

2nd that  :2thumbs: it never hurts to ask . it may or may not be for sale and if it for sale and you dont want it im sure somebody would have interest in it .
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

piwo440

Quote from: rav440 on July 06, 2008, 11:36:23 AM
Quote from: FLG on July 05, 2008, 08:30:46 PM

2nd that  :2thumbs: it never hurts to ask . it may or may not be for sale and if it for sale and you dont want it im sure somebody would have interest in it .

I agree.... way back when, I found a 67 GTX  440 4 speed,  sitting in a field next to a barn buried up to the rockers in mud.  Talked to the gentleman.  It ended up being his "estranged" sons car.  the guy had the signed title and sold it to me for $200.00!  (This was also the late 80's,  but still!)   and no....  I don't have the car anymore... :brickwall:   
Ron Gasior
66 Charger 383/727
ZZ1 P4W WW