News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where did you find your build sheet? Good Build Sheet Story? Share it!!

Started by 2Gunz, October 10, 2005, 04:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on October 10, 2005, 02:46:52 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 10, 2005, 11:10:35 AM
Hey Chris, what does it say on the bottom of those? Something Pacer System? :scope:

CF, That says 'Fuel Pacer System'. It was basically another wacky gimmick courtesy of Chrysler. It was introduced late in '74 (option L73). It was supposed to help drivers know when they were using too much fuel (or speeding). The front left turn signal will glow when the system senses that you are using excessive fuel while driving. It was a major headache for people who didn't know what it was, because they would chase wires trying to figure out why the turn signal light would all of a sudden glow. Mine still works fine.
I guess it would have been too easy to just have it light up it's own idiot light. :shruggy:

Thanks for the info, I've never heard of that either. ;)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

MichaelRW

Found two in mine. One was under the rear seat and the other under the carpet. The one under the seat was in very good condition, the other one was all in one piece but was stained. Both were legible though and they both were for my car. I laminated the one in the poorer condition. Here's a pic of the good one.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

ScottW

I found a partial under the rear seat of my 74.  :-\ Maybe there is another one lurking around under the carpet or up in the headliner.

So far on my 71, the sheet is MIA. I guess that puts me at .3 for 2.

1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

ChargerRT440

no luck under my seat anybody know possible locations of the sheet in a 68 dart?

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: ChargerRT440 on October 10, 2005, 09:56:08 PM
no luck under my seat anybody know possible locations of the sheet in a 68 dart?

Well in the Charger I've heard tales of it being ANYWHERE, behind lower door panels, under headliner, etc...

Dans 68

Found one under the back seat, in about 30 or 40 pieces. I spent a lot of time trying to literally piece it together. And, of course after all of the piecing work,  I now know there is one more under the front bench. On a lark, I stuck my hand under and found it (I have not taken the time to properly get it out...I guess I'm waiting for a special occasion!  :icon_smile_tongue:)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

2Gunz

Alaskan_TA

I have found broadcast sheets in the rear seat back, rear seat bottom, under the front seat, inside the front seat backs (both sides) and taped to the back of the glove box liner.

I know others who have found them under the carpet, in the headliner and under the rear package shelf.

They can be found in "spare" seats too.

Sheets found in one or both of the bucket seat backs are usually for other cars, look at the VINs on them closely.

If you do find one for a different car, please send it or a clear color copy at least to one of the Registries for that malke and model. They can be matched up to the proper car, it happens.  :yesnod:

I find a fair amount of them in my mailbox as well.  ;)

Best of luck and happy hunting,

Barry

Alaskan_TA

This one was found during the AAR and T/A Reunion at Carlisle last July, it matched the T/A it was found in.

Alaskan_TA

This one was pretty sad, it was in a Charger too.

Alaskan_TA

another one from a Charger in the rear seat bottom......

Alaskan_TA

This photo shows one under a bucket seat in a Charger....

Alaskan_TA

Here is one that was under the carpet of a Cuda.....

Alaskan_TA

Here are two, the one on top of the car was found in a bucket seat of this car, but it was for a different T/A, I have that sheet here waiting to be claimed....

The one inside the rear seat matched the car.

Alaskan_TA

Hopefully two photos with me in them in a row will not break the internet?

This 318 Challenger had two broadcast sheets in it, the one in the rear seat matched the car it was found in, and the one I am holding was for a Panther Pink T/A. It is waiting to be claimed as well.   :yesnod:

Brock Samson

The green '68 seat that was in my '69 had one looked like that sad one you posted... it's been a few years since i've examined it, but it wasn't anything special...   :icon_smile_dead:

2Gunz

Dennis K

When I first found my 68 Charger, it had a back seat from a 69 in it, which someone had spray-dyed black. There was a broadcast sheet in the seat back, but it was from the triple green 69 383 2v Charger that the seat came out of. The only other one I found in the car was on the floor under the carpet in front of the passenger's front seat. It was illegible and stuck to the floor, and I can only assume that it was for my car, but it might be another location for you guys to look for yours.

Alaskan_TA

I found another broadcast sheet in my mailbox today, it is for a 1970 Challenger 340, the VIN is JH23H0B271433

It is free to the owner of the car with proof of ownership.

Some Charger items were added to the "found" lists at www.hamtramck-historical.com over the weekend as well, so be sure and check for your VIN again if you have not done so in a while.

T/Ake care,
Barry Washington

HeavyFuel

My '68 actually had 3 build sheets in it.  The one under the rear seat was in pretty decent shape.  I pulled it out back in '92 and sent a copy to Govier to decode.  Last year when I pulled out the rear carpet, another one was stuck to driveshaft hump, but that turned out to be for a different car.  Finally, when I pulled the dash to prep for a complete body and paint, I found the last one behind the glove box.  That one is perfecto.