News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

QUAD TURBO HEMI........the Ultimate Ricer Revenge

Started by 1FastCharger, June 18, 2008, 10:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

holy shnikes!!!!  i doubt 20 mpg though, no 426 hemi can get that, even with 2.76 gears and a 2bbl (hehehehe)
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

G-man

Quote from: RD on June 18, 2008, 10:15:13 PM
holy shnikes!!!!  i doubt 20 mpg though, no 426 hemi can get that, even with 2.76 gears and a 2bbl (hehehehe)

a 512 stroker with the correct gearing could push 20mpg with a 4 barrel carb. I dont see why a 426 Hemi couldnt push 22-24mpg if tuned correctly and left stock.

But, a 1400hp hemi running 20mpg....  :smilielol:

Mike DC

I dunno. 

You just said yourself that the stock Hemi displacement could potentiaily get 22-24mpg naturally aspirated.  I wouldn't totally rule out getting 20 mpg from a turbo motor when you're at low rpm.  Turbos may have a wide gap between when you're "in" the boost and when you're not, but those thing are still basically an increase in efficiency across the board.

But he could have gotten that power from a twin-turbo more easily and with less plumbing.  Hooking up four of them on a motor that size was pure penis-wagging.

moparstuart

I think he meant 20 gallons to the mile !   :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

max

chargerrt

69*F5*SE

That would make a nice chandelier or however it's spelled  :lol:

69_500

20 mpg from a HEMI car isn't out of the question. I know when I was younger and on long trips in the HEMI 500 my dad would average around 16.5-17 mpg. That was a stock HEMI 4 speed car with 3.54 gears.

1FastCharger

Too bad this came out too late for Mike to use in "Angrier." With 20 MPG and his 400 gallon fuel cell he would not have to fill up for the entire race.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

NMike

i'm alittle confused. in his ad it says
QuoteI will sell the engine seperate after the end of the auction along with the turbos .
isn't that the auction?

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166