News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat Foam

Started by jbweems, June 18, 2008, 02:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbweems

Anyone know where I can find some seat foam or even replacement seats for my 72 Charger?  I have the bench seats.  I looked around on line some but am not finding anything.  I feel like I'm sitting on the floorboard.  My 82 year old Dad drove the car and he could barely see over the dashboard.  Good stuff....

Thanks.

Britt
1972 Charger
2004 Ram 1500

Finn

I was told that foam for my 68's back bench was generic and could be found at almost anyplace that restores interiors, dunno if that applies in your case though.   :Twocents:
Good luck!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

rudyjrusa

Quote from: jbweems on June 18, 2008, 02:11:36 PM
Anyone know where I can find some seat foam or even replacement seats for my 72 Charger?  I have the bench seats.  I looked around on line some but am not finding anything.  I feel like I'm sitting on the floorboard.  My 82 year old Dad drove the car and he could barely see over the dashboard.  Good stuff....

Thanks.

Britt

did you call legendary auto interiors in new york??

Finn

They're the ones that told me it was generic. Worth a call though
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

jbweems

Thanks guys.  I'll give them a call.

Britt
1972 Charger
2004 Ram 1500

JrJohnston

Are you sure that the faom is causing all your problem's?
The spring's might be broken also causing some of your problem.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim

jbweems

I just assumed it was the foam.  I will take a peek at the springs.  Thanks for the tip.
1972 Charger
2004 Ram 1500

1972Rallye

Like all springs, they can wear out and get weaker over time and use/abuse.  Foam is the same way.  Most likely you have an issue with both.  If you have a reputable trim shop in your area, they should be able to replace or improve your springs.  Bench seat foam is very basic and in many cases can easily be skived from a new block of foam OR have a thin layer added to the existing foam to improve the contours and/or comfort.

rudyjrusa

i will be sending my bucket seats to legendary auto - i guess they get a piece of foam and re-shape it for the seats.  there are so many bucket seats out there - it is hard to believe none is available.

john108

legendary auto has foam replacement for the front bucket seats.  The back seats are mosthy padding, i think.  I haven't torn them apart.
I have ordered the bucket seats and rear seat covers and the bucket foam from them but haven't received anything yet.