News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carlisle 2009 - Block of Rooms??

Started by hemigeno, June 18, 2008, 10:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in making a tentative reservation for a room at the Quality Inn for Carlisle 2009?

I plan to be there and would like a room at the Quality Inn
10 (29.4%)
I plan to be there but can't commit to a room @ Quality Inn (maybe)
7 (20.6%)
I plan to be there, but will not be staying at the Quality Inn
6 (17.6%)
I don't plan on attending Carlisle, but wanted to vote in this poll anyway
11 (32.4%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: July 09, 2008, 10:10:29 AM

hemigeno

Quote from: suntech on September 29, 2008, 06:34:09 PM
Stupid question guys? When is the exact dates for Carlisle?? Looks like i will have June off from work, and will do some boat testing in Reading, and go to a boatrace in Bay City MI, so it might fit in perfect with a trip to US then.  :2thumbs:

Carlisle 2009 will be held Friday July 10 thru Sunday July 12th. 

We still have a few rooms available for DC.com members to reserve at $149.99 + tax.  A couple are for Thurs/Fri/Sat, and a few more are for just Friday and Saturday nights.

:cheers:

StanmanJay

Great idea Gene we go every year and it sounds like fun! Im in! Let me know..

Jay
1972 Charger Rallye U Code
1990 Daytona Shelby VNT

Tilar

Are there still any rooms available in this or do I need to call the hotel? I think I'm going to try to go to this one.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

hemigeno

Yes there are plenty of rooms still available Tilar - and I apologize for missing StanmanJay's reply earlier.

If you are definitely interested, send me a PM and I'll forward the information to you next week (all my notes are at the office).

Thanks!

Gene

Belgium R/T -68

I am really interested to join you and meet some of you in person, :cheers: not to talk about seeing moore Mopars in a weekend then I did together
in my whole life. :icon_smile_big: What about flightconnections coming from Europe, which is the biggest city flying in to? Anybody from
Europe with experience or even better, meeting up somewhere? :2thumbs:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

ted

staying at the Carlisle Travelodge, 89 bucks a night

41husk

What is the rate for2009?  I may be interested in 1 possibly 2 rooms my sisster lives in Philly, and just asked me if I knew that they had a big show with all kinds of my cars in carlisle (Duh!!!) and maybe I could go and we could meet kinda in the middle. (What 3 hours from Philly, 14 hours from St Louis.  Sounds like meeting half way for my sisster)  Anyway I might just go, I think I would need to trailor what ever car I decided to take.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Troy

Harrisburg has an "International Airport" but my guess is that Baltimore Maryland or Philadelphia Pennsylvania are the two closest cities to fly into from overseas.

Allen, Danny (69_500) drove his Charger 500 from Indianapolis last year with the 4.10s in it. I bet you get better mileage with the 68 than you would towing it with the Ram. ;) How's the 73 on gas? Rooms are $149.99 + tax.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

4cruzin

WOW $149.99 + taxes??       After taxes and all, it will probably end up costing $175.00 a night.  Too rich for my blood.      I haven't booked anything yet but probably will here soon. 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Troy on January 06, 2009, 10:33:48 PM
Harrisburg has an "International Airport" but my guess is that Baltimore Maryland or Philadelphia Pennsylvania are the two closest cities to fly into from overseas.

Allen, Danny (69_500) drove his Charger 500 from Indianapolis last year with the 4.10s in it. I bet you get better mileage with the 68 than you would towing it with the Ram. ;) How's the 73 on gas? Rooms are $149.99 + tax.

Troy

I will check with the moparguys in The Netherlands and see if somebody has made that trip to know what's the best travelplan. I have told
myself for almost 30 years I have to visit The US and now seems a good moment, it's a pitty I can't bring my car. :icon_smile_big:

duo-stripe

Ik kan je dit binnenkort wel berichten; wij plannen volgende week of de week daarop ook onze reis naar Carlisle vanuit NL.
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

41husk

Quote from: Troy on January 06, 2009, 10:33:48 PM

Troy

the 73 gets between 7-9 closer to 9 highway.  I would like to take the Challenger and I think the 340 will get better milage than the 68 or 73.
Geno I would like to reserve one of the rooms if there is still one available Fri and Sat night.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: duo-stripe on January 07, 2009, 06:38:33 AM
Ik kan je dit binnenkort wel berichten; wij plannen volgende week of de week daarop ook onze reis naar Carlisle vanuit NL.

Great :2thumbs: Please let me know.

hemigeno

Quote from: 41husk on January 07, 2009, 02:30:49 PM
Geno I would like to reserve one of the rooms if there is still one available Fri and Sat night.

No problem Allen, I'll send you the info shortly.

Quote from: 4cruzin on January 06, 2009, 11:32:07 PM
$149.99 + taxes??   Too rich for my blood.

There are very few Car Shows that I would drive 14-15 hours one way to attend, and Carlisle is at the top of the list.  You can always find some place cheaper, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's better in everyone's view.  I've stayed at 3 other places, and this is the one I've liked best out of the 4 - plus they have tons of truck/trailer parking, it's next to the Go-Kart track, and has both a restaurant and gas station next door (with ULSF diesel).  I know the CudaChallenger.com guys and a few other folks stay a good distance outside of Carlisle, where the rates are not as high.  Personally, I would rather stay closer to where the bulk of the activities are happening - which includes the fairgrounds during the day and the back parking lot of the Carlisle Quality Inn after dinner.

Speaking of which...  Everyone's still welcome to hang out in the back parking lot in the evenings, no matter where you're staying.

41husk

Geno, I was calling today to make reservations, I may need another room if it is available, should I just tell them at the hotel when I call, or do I need another reservation #?  Thanks Allen
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hemigeno

Allen,

I suppose they would want another one of the room assignment numbers in order to get the group rate and to have it in the same area as the rest of the reservations.

I'll send another PM in a second.

suntech

I will be at work in Korea when Carlisle is this year, but that means i will be off next year, if nothing special happens. For us Europeans, the easiest thing is to fly in to either Baltimore or Philly, (KLM/ NWA has turned out ar the best deal for me most of the times). Even Newark, NJ is not a bad  idea.
A bad idea, is to sit in an airport for 4 hours, waiting for a cityhopper to bring you 40 miles closer to where you want, to an airport with no rental cars left!!!

It is a lot easier and more pracical to jump in a car from a big airport, and go there by car :Twocents:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: duo-stripe on January 07, 2009, 06:38:33 AM

Any plans ready yet? ;)

Old Moparz

The usual place I stay at just outside of Carlisle raised their rates, so I looked around on line & found a place that has a pool right on the main drag in Carlisle for just $15 more. With a AAA discount, it's $93.49 per night on the weekend, & $46.74 for the Thursday prior. They still have several rooms left, so if anyone else needs a room here is the info.

Rodeway Inn
1239 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA, US, 17013

Phone: (717) 249-2800     
Fax: (717) 249-9444

I'm not leaving a light on for anyone, so don't be knocking on my door.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

69_500

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 26, 2009, 10:20:13 PM
The usual place I stay at just outside of Carlisle raised their rates, so I looked around on line & found a place that has a pool right on the main drag in Carlisle for just $15 more. With a AAA discount, it's $93.49 per night on the weekend, & $46.74 for the Thursday prior. They still have several rooms left, so if anyone else needs a room here is the info.

Rodeway Inn
1239 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA, US, 17013

Phone: (717) 249-2800     
Fax: (717) 249-9444

I'm not leaving a light on for anyone, so don't be knocking on my door.  :lol:

Ah no knocking on the door huh? You must not like sharing a room with a 4 year old like Troy did last year.

Old Moparz

Quote from: 69_500 on February 28, 2009, 02:49:47 PM

Ah no knocking on the door huh? You must not like sharing a room with a 4 year old like Troy did last year.

:lol: Troy has this site, he's used to babysitting.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Tilar

Quote from: hemigeno on January 07, 2009, 06:36:51 PM
plus they have tons of truck/trailer parking, it's next to the Go-Kart track, and has both a restaurant and gas station next door (with ULSF diesel).

That's good to know... I may bring my trailer since I'm liable to run across something that I just cant live without. Rear quarters and a trunk floor maybe.  :yesnod:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

THE COLONEL

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

THE COLONEL

Thanks Geno.  I just made my reservation.  see ya'll there!! :cheers:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

dd44068

So I just booked my room  I cant wait to get there.