News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

01/15 Update - more brake lines - My '68 Hemi Charger R/T

Started by hemi68charger, June 17, 2008, 05:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

man troy that girl looks sexy!!!!  I cannot wait for the finished project.  have you started on the hemi rebuild yet?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

bsakal

69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

bzabodyn

Looks great Troy - can't wait to see the finished (painted) shell....

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

hemi68charger

Quote from: RD on June 18, 2008, 02:48:11 PM
man troy that girl looks sexy!!!!  I cannot wait for the finished project.  have you started on the hemi rebuild yet?

Here's a pic from today... Obviously, I still have some detailing to do, but what better place to keep the components than on the motor....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 18, 2008, 02:45:18 PM
One word = BEAUTIFUL  :cheers:  Hey, let me jump on this bandwagon because I LOVE THAT COLOR ALSO!!!  -  -  (especially with white interior)  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:  Of course, ..... I'm biased for LL1 Turquoise mopars!  :icon_smile_wink: 
The color looks slightly lighter than yours and the '68 LL1 Road Runner I have in my garage (a friends), but the color was computer matched to the paint under the outside door mirror prior to dipping.. Sooo, it's pretty much as she should be........ The flash and bright lights in the paint booth make it seem lighter than expected.... Regardless, it's a great color............
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

472 R/T SE

Lookin' good Troy.  It's been too long.
How's the color compared to what Smitty painted it, any differences?  I'm anxious to see it done.

I'd be very leery of leaving my fender tag with them.  :shruggy: There's bound to be some sleeze bag who thinks he hit the mother load by having it, and not being mounted on the car makes it easy pickin's.  I'm just paranoid.

Sinister68

-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

hemi68charger

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on June 18, 2008, 06:45:22 PM
Lookin' good Troy.  It's been too long.
How's the color compared to what Smitty painted it, any differences?  I'm anxious to see it done.

I'd be very leery of leaving my fender tag with them.  :shruggy: There's bound to be some sleeze bag who thinks he hit the mother load by having it, and not being mounted on the car makes it easy pickin's.  I'm just paranoid.

Mike,
I'm going to take it there with the one screw (since the other one should be natural), have it painted and take it home.. I'll install once home.....  The color is the exact same as Smitty for there was left over paint and we matched what was in the can...

By this time next week, I think I may have her  in MY GARAGE......
Troy
Troy

69_500

By next week should be in the garage? Great news if that is the case.

Love seeing the progress pictures. Still waiting on the day you show someone picking the car up on a trailer, and someone else dropping off a Daytona to your garage instead.

TruckDriver

Your car is going to rock when it is done :yesnod:

I LOVE that color :drool5:

Looks great so far :2thumbs: :cheers:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

68RT4ME

QuoteBugs Bunny: Hmm.. Mmm-hmm.. Hmmm.. It stinks.
:smilielol:

Seriously buddy, the car is looking awesome.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on June 18, 2008, 07:25:33 PM
By next week should be in the garage? Great news if that is the case.

Love seeing the progress pictures. Still waiting on the day you show someone picking the car up on a trailer, and someone else dropping off a Daytona to your garage instead.

The shop manager said he wanted the car painted by week's end.. They are devoting all the attention of the lead painter on my car till it's done.. Now, I'm not sure how long it'll be to cut-n-buff her...........

T

Andy, you're a putz.......................   :icon_smile_big:
Troy

68RT4ME

'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

hemi68charger

Couldn't get any pics today or see the car.... As I arrived, Bill, the painter, was just cleaning up his equipment and the car was still wet.. He had done the trunk yesterday and today the dark gray primer paint underneath.........  Tomorrow and early next week will probably be the exterior.....

Troy
Troy

hemi68charger

Here are some more pics from yesterday afternoon... This is the dark gray OEM "primer"-colored paint that Dave Patik sells over at Performance Car Graphics. Monday the body's exterior will receive paint (and the subsequent "overspray" on the underside) and then the other panels.. It's looking real good and I'm thus far very pleased....
Troy

hemi68charger

last one.... for now. More next week...........
Troy

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Hey gang.. Here she is as of today.... The shell's painted along with the trunk, engine bay and inside of the truck lid, hood and doors.. The front fenders were being worked on today ready for primer and paint.....
Troy

hemi68charger

some more... Some cars would have more overspray, some not.. I think it's great..... I have to get used to the primer finish, but it'll be great once everything gets together... Bill at the shop did a great job....
Troy

68RT4ME

I like what I'm seeing buddy. They are doing a nice job for you bro...  :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 68RT4ME on June 24, 2008, 07:58:09 PM
I like what I'm seeing buddy. They are doing a nice job for you bro...  :2thumbs:

Yes, they are doing a fine job.. Of course, I could have gotten to the extent of Geno's Daytona with Vance, but..... I'm nowhere in that league..  :icon_smile_big:

She's come together rather nicely I must say....

Thanks Buddy..............

Troy
Troy

Arthu®

Wow Troy that looks great! She has come a long and troublesome way. Love the color! :2thumbs:

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

tan top

:drool5: that looks real nice  .......................... :popcrn:   can't wait to see this thing finished :yesnod: :drool5: :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69chargerboy

Wow! my mouth is watering.... Keep the pictures coming! :drool5: :icon_smile_big:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

ChargerSG

Your restore way better than my resto(my wrecked 69), looking great for sure :2thumbs:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166