News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

01/15 Update - more brake lines - My '68 Hemi Charger R/T

Started by hemi68charger, June 17, 2008, 05:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 20, 2008, 03:56:37 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on November 19, 2008, 06:36:17 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on November 19, 2008, 04:32:06 AM
That is correct.  To get the Dana in a Hemi automatic you had to order the Super Performance axle package.

And in '68, I don't think it was offered....... Think '69 was the first year for a Super Trak-Pak Dana configuration with a 727.. Also, my '68's an original non-suregrip car... Go figure.. That I'm sure made for one heck of an one-wheel wonder burnout..  :icon_smile_big: 

So you could not get a dana with a hemi and automatic?

In 1968 & before, the answer to your question is yes. 

In 1969-70, a Dana/Hemi/Auto combination could be had with the 4.10:1 ratio SuperPerformance Axle Package (A32) - which was consolidated with the 4-speed A34 Super Track Pak for 1971.

If I remember right, the 1969 model year marked the first factory-installed 4.10 axles in any drivetrain combination.

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
Well, a belated Christmas gift.. I received my box of fluid lines from FineLines today.. Thanks to Randy at Dixie Restoration Parts... Gave me a great deal on the complete sets and kits...  Had to check it out and put something on.. Since I'll be installing the engine/tranny soon, figured the firewall brake line would be the most appropriate..

On to the next step.......... Since the Daytona I was looking to buy has sold, looks like I'll get more done on this jewel.....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 06, 2009, 07:36:18 PM
Hey gang..
Well, a belated Christmas gift.. I received my box of fluid lines from FineLines today.. Thanks to Randy at Dixie Restoration Parts... Gave me a great deal on the complete sets and kits...  Had to check it out and put something on.. Since I'll be installing the engine/tranny soon, figured the firewall brake line would be the most appropriate..

On to the next step.......... Since the Daytona I was looking to buy has sold, looks like I'll get more done on this jewel.....

Troy
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  nice
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dans 68

Troy,

Thanks for all the updates. Keeps the rest of us kind of motivated to keep at it.   :yesnod:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Mopar2Ya

Looks great & clean.  :2thumbs:
Refresh my memory on the factory color of the under side?

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

tommymac

Man thats one swwweeettt ride Troy,Ill be adding a Disc setup this winter to my ride soon but it dont look like that, Wow Hey ya check out Ryan's 500 HP from FL he's quite the hoot.

bmoparmofo

Looks great!, Just out of curiousity, what was the cost on the line kit? I have to do that soon. Thanks.
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

69*F5*SE

Troy, does the kit come with the clips that hold the big lines to the frame rails or do we have to save our originals?   :scratchchin:  Ted

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bill440rt

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on January 07, 2009, 09:43:06 AM
Troy, does the kit come with the clips that hold the big lines to the frame rails or do we have to save our originals?   :scratchchin:  Ted

Troy, looks great!  :coolgleamA:
I've used Fine Lines on all my cars, Bill at Fine Lines is great to deal with. His kits always came with new clips whenever I purchased them.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

orange383

This car looks amazing. Some first class workmanship going on there. :2thumbs:
I wouldn't change it for a daytona. It's just too nice.
I wish it was my car.

terrible one

Quote from: bill440rt on January 07, 2009, 10:14:24 AM
Quote from: 69*F5*SE on January 07, 2009, 09:43:06 AM

Troy, looks great!  :coolgleamA:
I've used Fine Lines on all my cars, Bill at Fine Lines is great to deal with. His kits always came with new clips whenever I purchased them.

Another thumbs up for Fine Lines! They are really easy to deal with every time I call, and their lines fit great.

hemi68charger

I went a head and started and it wasn't as hard as I envisioned, much to the opposite of what others have already stated that have "been there, done that"....

Soooo, one more step closer............ next, fuel lines..........

bad angle on the picture.. Sorry gang........

In the front waiting for the valving.

Went a head and cleaned up the original c-clips for the flexible hoses.. If I can save an original piece, it's going back on....... Original on the left.
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

dpm68

My god Troy, all of the pics make me feel funny...kindof intoxicating...

WINGR

Hey Troy great work, she's looking good.  :2thumbs:

A guess a couple more weeks should do it huh?  :smilielol:

All kidding aside, your doing it right and should be proud. :cheers:

WINGR/Steve

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGR on January 13, 2009, 12:42:35 AM

WINGR/Steve

Thanks ya'll....
Doing the best I can do out of my garage and limited budget....... I'll go for the fuel lines tonight.. Hopefully this is all in preparation for the engine installation this weekend....
Troy

tan top

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 13, 2009, 06:29:27 AM
Quote from: WINGR on January 13, 2009, 12:42:35 AM

WINGR/Steve

Thanks ya'll....
Doing the best I can do out of my garage and limited budget....... I'll go for the fuel lines tonight.. Hopefully this is all in preparation for the engine installation this weekend....

good stuff, keep the pictures coming Troy ..love looking at this sort of stuff  :popcrn: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

max

Also, my '68's an original non-suregrip car... Go figure.. That I'm sure made for one heck of an one-wheel wonder burnout..  :icon_smile_big: 

MaMopar, did some really strange things in the early days. coarse back then the customer got what they wanted.

many years ago i parted out a 71 RR 383 automatic and it had a 3.23 open under it, coarse it also had the 22" radiator so i'm sure the open gear was from the factory.

my 70 Challenger is a factory 440 4bbl automatic car and it has a 22" radiator in it. i never found a build sheet for it but from what i have read over the years it must have came with an open gear under it.

Troy, you do really great work and your attention to detail is fantastic. :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Quote from: max on January 13, 2009, 04:29:34 PM
Also, my '68's an original non-suregrip car... Go figure.. That I'm sure made for one heck of an one-wheel wonder burnout..  :icon_smile_big: 

MaMopar, did some really strange things in the early days. coarse back then the customer got what they wanted.

many years ago i parted out a 71 RR 383 automatic and it had a 3.23 open under it, coarse it also had the 22" radiator so i'm sure the open gear was from the factory.

my 70 Challenger is a factory 440 4bbl automatic car and it has a 22" radiator in it. i never found a build sheet for it but from what i have read over the years it must have came with an open gear under it.

Troy, you do really great work and your attention to detail is fantastic. :2thumbs:

Thanks........  Those 22's by the way, not sure if you know, were standard for any big block auto/3.23 car without air... My former v-code six pack '70 Charger R/T was a 22" car...  440 six pack 3.23 suregrip auto...........

Troy

hemi68charger

Another step forward... Got the main 3/8 fuel and 1/4 return line in this evening.. Pretty smooth sailing, but did have to tweak things in the engine compartment area on both.. I can see why this is so much easier with nothing in the way and up in the air...

Troy
Troy

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 13, 2009, 10:19:43 PM
Another step forward... Got the main 3/8 fuel and 1/4 return line in this evening.. Pretty smooth sailing, but did have to tweak things in the engine compartment area on both.. I can see why this is so much easier with nothing in the way and up in the air...

Troy
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  daytona here you come

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on January 14, 2009, 11:33:17 AM

Troy

Seriously,,,, who wouldn't wanna trade for such a beautifully colored '68 Hemi for a lowly 440-powered-funny-looking-winged-car?   :icon_smile_big:
Troy

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 14, 2009, 11:56:01 AM

Troy

Seriously,,,, who wouldn't wanna trade for such a beautifully colored '68 Hemi for a lowly 440-powered-funny-looking-winged-car?   :icon_smile_big:
I bet this guy will trade you    http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/992476517.html       :smilielol:

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on January 14, 2009, 12:06:29 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on January 14, 2009, 11:56:01 AM

Troy

I bet this guy will trade you    http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/992476517.html       :smilielol:

Oh Lordy................ I bet he would....
Troy