News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

01/15 Update - more brake lines - My '68 Hemi Charger R/T

Started by hemi68charger, June 17, 2008, 05:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

All updates are at the end of the thread.

Thanks Mod's... Initially put this in the Aero section. Well, the long journey to paint, real paint, has occurred as of today. My LL1 turquoise '68 Hemi Charger R/T has paint on it again "post-screw up" from the sorry job Smitty at MuscleCars and More did (long 5 years of getting do-do). It's at Mo's Musclecars now. I'm sure ya'll know the story.... Here are pictures I took today at the body shop... They have painted the engine compartment and she's looking great. They didn't have the battery tray in, but that'll be easy to place into the fix... Bill was smoothing out the trunk area in preparation for paint back there... After which, the underside will be shot with the dark gray primer paint and then the rest of the car, blah blah blah...

But, I'm stoked because it is so smooth and nice this time.... Here are some pics from today.. I'll eventually merge all my other threads into a complete thread..... Also a pic of the trunk lid after is was smoothed out from all the "gravel" on it and the interior floor pan after we discovered it really needed some attention.... This car is rock solid now.....  :icon_smile_big:

The 1st one is where we all started some 6 years ago.....

I'll probably go back Friday for more updated pictures.....

Previous threads........ I promise Mod's, I'll merge them all together into one....  :icon_smile_big:

Previous threads.. clickee here.

all painted and at Home.. clickee here.

I've added a hemi pic.......

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Some more..
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

tan top

:scope: looking  real good  :drool5: keep the pictures coming  :yesnod: ............ :2thumbs: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69charger2002

you have been so patient. glad to see a good guy finally gets what's due him..   :yesnod:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Hemidoug

Congrats Troy! It's been a long time coming! That thing is going to look SHARP! :2thumbs:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

tommymac

Nice color .its finely happen-in good for you.Youl get to put  that new Hemi in and run it!!!

charge69

It's looking REAL PRETTY!  Great to see progress being made.

71ChallengeHer

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Big Lebowski

Ya that's looking good, love the color too. It's always a good feeling to see the paint back on the car. :2thumbs:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

firefighter3931

Very nice Troy  :drool5:

I can relate to the body shop hell....so nice when progress is finally made.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69*F5*SE

She looks sweet. You really done some nice work.  :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Now its headin in the right direction!!  :2thumbs:  Looks great too, tell 'em to keep it up!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi68charger

Thanks guys....
Truly, it has been a long time coming..... I'm paying dearly for it, but it'll be so nice.. I hope the bulk of the car looks as good as the engine compartment.. I can't get over how smooth everything is without even a wetsanding.. I'm glad they "talked" me into the extra time (=money) to detail the door jambs, trunk and misc areas. Smitty's neglect really cost me big time in both time and cash,, but the reality of it all is I needed to spend the extra cash to get it ALL done properly. Granted, this isn't a Roger Gibson or Restorations by Julius Job, but with the effort I've put forth in getting nothing but the shell over there, educating them on what needed to be done (a kudo to the shop in that they will listen to the customer and not sit on some high pedestal) and finally, PATIENCE!!!!

This color is truly going to look great next to that hemi orange engine with chrome air cleaner and white interior..... The end is getting near and I'm looking forward to the day she's at home and I can start assembling her back together... It'll be the start of another chapter in my Mopar diary with either a Hemi Charger or Daytona..........

I'll be back on Friday to take some more pictures and I have to REMEMBER to take the fender tag there to get painted... It dawned on my last night... It's been nearly 6 years since I've had to worry about the thing, now it's time to go back on.........

Cheers,
T
Troy

Steve P.

B E A UTIFUL.................   I love to see nice crisp paint. Especially on such a great car...  :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

hemi68charger

Another unique thing about this car is it never had the heater hose support bracket typically over the pass. shock tower... There is no hole there...
Troy

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

hemi68charger

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on June 18, 2008, 11:52:01 AM
That is a beautiful color  :2thumbs:
Thanks..
For whatever it's worth, there are only two "known" via Galen's registry apparently; one an auto, mine, and a 4-speed.....
Troy

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Neal_J

Kevin68N71

I love turquoise!  Not enough cars were painted that excellent color.  How exciting it must be seeing it get done the proper way.
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

TUFCAT

One word = BEAUTIFUL  :cheers:  Hey, let me jump on this bandwagon because I LOVE THAT COLOR ALSO!!!  -  -  (especially with white interior)  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:  Of course, ..... I'm biased for LL1 Turquoise mopars!  :icon_smile_wink: