News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

22 inch on a Charger 68

Started by Birkholm, June 14, 2008, 04:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaximRecoil

Quote from: bill440rt on September 02, 2013, 07:39:10 AM
To me, the Ferrari & Challenger with the smaller wheels looks like it's riding on balloons.
On a Charger, personally I do not like wheels over 19", that is the max. It really all depends on style & offset, that plays a big role.

Some people like them, and some don't. And the world keeps spinning...

So you've spent all your life thinking that pretty much all the cars and trucks around you looked like they were riding on balloons, that is, until the past dozen years or so?

Note that many real race cars, representing the ultimate in car performance/handling, still have real sidewalls:

bill440rt

Ahh, another opinion debate to destroy yet another member's thread by endless back & forth bickering postings going nowhere.
Two of my Chargers ride on 15"s. Does that help you?

This is all a matter of opinion. The O.P. likes them. Clearly, you do not like them. Move on.
And the world keeps spinning...
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: bill440rt on September 02, 2013, 08:36:39 AM
Ahh, another opinion debate to destroy yet another member's thread by endless back & forth bickering postings going nowhere.

This is all a matter of opinion. The O.P. likes them. Clearly, you do not like them. Move on.

oh I agree bill, but its always nice to have a healthy debate it breaks the monotony.  its funny rims/tires are the easest to change on cars, but yet the most criticised vs say a paint job.  I have 14inch magnums for a drifferent drive mood vs the 20s in the back.  YES its been lowered so the magnums look weird on them.......

MaximRecoil

Quote from: bill440rt on September 02, 2013, 08:36:39 AM

You can't have your cake and eat it too; i.e., you can't try to argue with me and try to take the "high road" at the same time. It takes two (or more) to argue.

QuoteThis is all a matter of opinion. The O.P. likes them. Clearly, you do not like them. Move on.

If this were truly your rationale you never would have replied to my post with an opposing opinion. I suppose it is okay for you to argue against someone else's opinion, but if you receive a counterargument in return, well, that's just uncalled for. Is that about right?

ws23rt

Welcome :cheers:

In your posted question you asked if the 22s will fit the charger.----And said you were making a show car.

There are two kinds of (fit the car) answers.

It looks like most of the answers you got were about how it would look. I think your mental image and the pics that came up answered that.

The other kind of fit is --Will they fit in the wheel wells?---Yes they will there is a good amount of room.

When you order the wheels you need to make sure of the important dimensions.  Such as wheel offset, width and finish diameter of the wheel tire combination.

You have a show car already and changing wheels is a simple task.  Take it to shows ---swap the wheels to save the show rubber and burn up some "balloon" tires on the way home :2thumbs:

bill440rt

ws23rt, please note this thread was started back in 2008.  :yesnod:
Would you care for some cake, too?  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

ws23rt

Quote from: bill440rt on September 02, 2013, 07:20:07 PM
ws23rt, please note this thread was started back in 2008.  :yesnod:
Would you care for some cake, too?  :cheers:

I noticed it as well :lol:   I was not speaking to Birkholm  :cheers:

myk

Agreed.  Personally, I would've gone with 40's instead of 35's; maybe that isn't possible with the rim size he chose?

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: myk on September 03, 2013, 09:56:47 PM
Agreed.  Personally, I would've gone with 40's instead of 35's; maybe that isn't possible with the rim size he chose?

well see myk, I ordered 45s for my 20s at 295.  Based on readings peoples comments though BFG runs a little thinner than normal in width and height.

myk

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 04, 2013, 08:32:43 AM
Quote from: myk on September 03, 2013, 09:56:47 PM

well see myk, I ordered 45s for my 20s at 295.  Based on readings peoples comments though BFG runs a little thinner than normal in width and height.

I meant to say that 40's would've been the minimum that I personally would've gone with, I'm sure the 45's will be excellent.  Hell, 245/45-18 is what I just went with.  I like modern touches to older cars but we have to have SOME sidewall IMO...