News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lost my bookmarks?

Started by 472 R/T SE, June 12, 2008, 08:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

My puter was sluggish so I shut it down and started it back up.  Now my bookmarks are all gone.  This is the second time it's happened and again I didn't do a screen save to know what all I had.  So I lost three or so years of bookmarking sites of interest.  :brickwall:

I tried a "system restore" to no avail.  My Internet Explorer still retains all it's original favorites, even the old site's addy.

I'm using Firefox, is there any way to retrieve the old bookmarks?  It's a real bummer losing all them.

Thanks in advance.

Drache

Yeah I've had this problem many times with Firefox!  :flame:

The only thing you can do is export your booksmarks as a save feature. Other than that mozilla says nothing can be done....  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TruckDriver

A little tip for you...

Save all your bookmarks to either a floppy disk or a cd rom once or twice a year. I started doing that years ago after I lost all of my bookmarks. For the .10 cents or so a cd cost, it is worth doing it :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Troy

If you run any backup software that copies your user directory then you should be able to restore from there. Perhaps you even have Windows Restore enabled?

It's kinda late now, but... before you lose them, you can use a neat tool (Firefox plug-in) called Google Browser Sync. It's designed for people who use multiple computers and want to make sure their bookmarks, passwords, settings, and cookies are always available but it should work with a single browser as well.

I also have started storing my favorites on the web using del.icio.us - which also happens to have a handy Firefox plugin (just click the "tag" button on any page you're visiting). Then it doesn't matter which browser or computer I'm on AND I can share my favorites with other people.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.