News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger Upper Door pads

Started by GT, June 24, 2008, 01:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT

I will be installing new BE&A door pads on my 70 Charger - new pads are on their way.
This car NEVER had the pads to begin with.  I am installing R/T doors on it - so all the holes are there.
The rear originally had the upper steel/painted part of the door.

what I need to know is EXACTLY what do I need to install these pads on my Charger?  I have heard the clips are different, also hear that there is some special bracket needed for the back (See pic).

I would appreciate some guidance as well as pictures of the doors and rear showing before/after shots of the door pads and brackets.

I have the feeling the pads will come and I will be missing stuff to finish installation.

Thanks!
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

yeahitsgotahemi!

I think the only special part you need is the galvanized bracket that you have a picture posted for. I was missing that as well. I live in Phoenix and got a set from Desert Valley Auto Parts. I imagine if you called them you could get a set. As far as mounting the pads, they just use those generic pin clips that you should be able to buy at any auto store. Other than the brackets for the rear and some of the clips, I think theres not that much to them.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson