News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got My Accurate Tips - Installed

Started by Shakey, October 17, 2005, 09:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 24, 2005, 12:02:38 PM

Gee, Thanks!
A couple things though,..
That's a really clean underside ya' got there Shakey, looks pretty darn good and clean, No Protection?..
I'd like to see some overall pics of your R/T S.E. too,.. Because with the the dog dishes and lack of a Vynal top it looks like a bare bones 318 in your little sig pic.. that's the spring special color ain't it?.. Tell us a story?...   ;D
  Are those rubber biscuts inbetween the flanges?.. Why the odd angle on that mounting bracket?.. shouldn't it be straight up and down?..
Does it look funny from outside the car?..
  'n can ya show how it looks from a lower 3/4 view Cause I like how organised the undercarrage normally looks ands I'm thinking those mounts off to the side like that would bug the crap outta me... So I see at the ends it a 3 " square,.. that's what i was concerned with, how that looks in a normal rear end shot, say from a following car... or from the sidewalk...
  Oh, & how bout a shot of your calanders up on the wall while your at it... ;)
  Nice pics thanks!!

Hey Strat,

Clean underside - yes, thank you!.  The car has not been on the road (legally) since the resto began.  Protection, not sure.  It will only see nice summer days when it is done and I hate the thought of covering up the F6 paint with undercoating.  I know it is underneath the car but.... :shruggy:

The fender tag shows a black vinyl roof and black R/T stripe.  The top will go on towards the end of the winter, as with the stripe.  I feel with the black interior, everything will balance out nicely.  Yes, it is F6, bright metallic green.  The car was ordered in Kincardine, ON (small town on the shore of Lake Huron) and built on June 23, 1969 and has never left ON.  The car is far from perfect but has been appraised as a # 2.  Me, I don't care - as long as it looks good and hauls ass!

Rubber biscuits between flanges?  Are you talking about the spot where the L-shaped bracket on the tip slides into the mounting bracket?

Odd angle on the mounting bracket?  Do you mean on the exhaust tip mounting bracket?  Odd angle?

Clarify these questions please and I can provide more accurate answers.

I know what kind of photos you are looking for (following, sidewalk) I can get those next weekend.

It looks neat and tidy under there, at least it will when everything is tightened up.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Brock Samson

Quote from: Shakey on October 24, 2005, 01:01:15 PM
Quote from: Stratocharger on October 24, 2005, 12:02:38 PM

Gee, Thanks!
A couple things though,..
That's a really clean underside ya' got there Shakey, looks pretty darn good and clean, No Protection?..
I'd like to see some overall pics of your R/T S.E. too,.. Because with the the dog dishes and lack of a Vynal top it looks like a bare bones 318 in your little sig pic.. that's the spring special color ain't it?.. Tell us a story?...   ;D
  Are those rubber biscuts inbetween the flanges?.. Why the odd angle on that mounting bracket?.. shouldn't it be straight up and down?..
Does it look funny from outside the car?..
  'n can ya show how it looks from a lower 3/4 view Cause I like how organised the undercarrage normally looks ands I'm thinking those mounts off to the side like that would bug the crap outta me... So I see at the ends it a 3 " square,.. that's what i was concerned with, how that looks in a normal rear end shot, say from a following car... or from the sidewalk...
  Oh, & how bout a shot of your calanders up on the wall while your at it... ;)
  Nice pics thanks!!

Hey Strat,

Clean underside - yes, thank you!.   The car has not been on the road (legally) since the resto began.   Protection, not sure.   It will only see nice summer days when it is done and I hate the thought of covering up the F6 paint with undercoating.   I know it is underneath the car but.... :shruggy:

The fender tag shows a black vinyl roof and black R/T stripe.   The top will go on towards the end of the winter, as with the stripe.   I feel with the black interior, everything will balance out nicely.   Yes, it is F6, bright metallic green.   The car was ordered in Kincardine, ON (small town on the shore of Lake Huron) and built on June 23, 1969 and has never left ON.   The car is far from perfect but has been appraised as a # 2.   Me, I don't care - as long as it looks good and hauls ass!

Rubber biscuits between flanges?   Are you talking about the spot where the L-shaped bracket on the tip slides into the mounting bracket?

Odd angle on the mounting bracket?   Do you mean on the exhaust tip mounting bracket?   Odd angle?

Clarify these questions please and I can provide more accurate answers.

I know what kind of photos you are looking for (following, sidewalk) I can get those next weekend.

It looks neat and tidy under there, at least it will when everything is tightened up.

Yes, L bracket slips into the rubber mounting bracket, Yes, Exhaust tip mounting bracket seems to be at an 8:00 o clock position, just seems to my eye that i'd want them striaight up and down, I'm guessin they're that way for a reason...
Not having installed tipps these are just simple questions i have...

I understand now why it looks bare bones..  :P DOH!,. the car ain't finished... It will look great when the black top aqnd stripe and trim is on,.. You gonna stay with the dog dishes?..
Great Pics BTW... I wish more members would illustrate their projects as clearly...
  THANKS!!  :thumbs:

Shakey

Strat Wrote:

Yes, L bracket slips into the rubber mounting bracket, Yes, Exhaust tip mounting bracket seems to be at an 8:00 o clock position, just seems to my eye that i'd want them striaight up and down, I'm guessin they're that way for a reason...
Not having installed tipps these are just simple questions i have...

I understand now why it looks bare bones..  :P DOH!,. the car ain't finished... It will look great when the black top aqnd stripe and trim is on,.. You gonna stay with the dog dishes?..
Great Pics BTW... I wish more members would illustrate their projects as clearly...
  THANKS!!

Oh, the clamp holding the tip onto the tailpipe - yes, I defintely will have that changed/moved before the cars first public appearance.  I have seen some where the straight edge or open end of the clamp face the tank, some where it would be at the 2 o'clock position however I plan on putting mine at the 12 o'clock position after everything is said and done.  I kow it might be tricky to get at the bolts from above but.....  The system is simply in the car for now, not tightened.  In the end, I only want to be able to see the u-shaped part of the clamp, unless I am under the car.

Next weekend, I will remove my exhaust manifolds and prior to that I will decide what I will do with them (ceramic / paint ?). 

As far as the dog dishes, yes I will keep using those for now.  I will need new boots as the ones that are on the car are about the same age, even though the tread is like new.  When it is time for new tires, I will buy 2 sets as well as a set of Magnum 500's.  The painted wheels, IMO, make the car look strictly business!

Honestly I am truly enjoying this project.  I also enjoy sharing this with you folks - because you can appreciate it!  I sometimes wonder if I am a bit too detailed when it comes sharing my weekends with you folks, but if you can learn something from me, that's good because I have learned so much from many of you.  Cheers to this web site and all who contribute -  :cheers:

Sorry for the long posts but I just got so much in my head.  :image_294343: