News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got My Accurate Tips - Installed

Started by Shakey, October 17, 2005, 09:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Received my shipment from Accurate last week.   Ordered a set of exhaust tips, hangers and the zinc coated brackets to go with my TTi system, that hopefully will be here this week.   Thought I'd share these pics with you folks as I know you love pics.

Brock Samson

Those look pretty jumbo sized, I'd like to see them on the car when possible too. Thanks!

Just 6T9 CHGR

They are "Accurate" in every way ;)

The zinc clamps are a nice touch as well.......no rust.   
I have them on my system
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ranger Max on October 17, 2005, 01:10:20 PM
What is accurates url and how much?
I need a set of those.
They look Awesome!

www.accurateltd.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

694spdRT

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 17, 2005, 11:46:06 AM
They are "Accurate" in every way ;)

The zinc clamps are a nice touch as well.......no rust.     
I have them on my system
:iagree:

Happy with mine as well.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

BigBlockSam

they look great. i got the tips for my 68 from them but i never thought of ordering the zinc coated brackets. nice touch
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Brock Samson

Is it too much to ask for Pics?..  ;)

Shakey

Shakey

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 17, 2005, 07:58:10 PM
they look great. i got the tips for my 68 from them but i never thought of ordering the zinc coated brackets. nice touch

$10.00 USD for the pair, can't beat it.  Probably not too late.  Give 'em a call.

Brock Samson

on the car i mean, i'm curious about the three inch tipps...

69hemi

I did an entire Accurate system on my Hemi car because I saw my buddy fight and fight with his TTI system and finally give up and go with an Accurate one.  Everything on my exhaust fit perfect and the entire system just layed in and tightened up great!
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69hemi on October 17, 2005, 08:52:23 PM
I did an entire Accurate system on my Hemi car because I saw my buddy fight and fight with his TTI system and finally give up and go with an Accurate one. Everything on my exhaust fit perfect and the entire system just layed in and tightened up great!

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 17, 2005, 10:09:27 PM
Quote from: 69hemi on October 17, 2005, 08:52:23 PM
I did an entire Accurate system on my Hemi car because I saw my buddy fight and fight with his TTI system and finally give up and go with an Accurate one. Everything on my exhaust fit perfect and the entire system just layed in and tightened up great!

I can't remember too many bad things being mentioned about the TTI's on this board before, so I went ahead and picked me up a system.  Haven't had a chanc eto install it yet, the car is totally apart.  Now youz guyz have me second guessing myself. ???

694spdRT

I had only heard good things about TTI as well. The main reason I went with the Accurate system was for a true "stock" appearance. There is a performance edge to the TTI's due to the mandrel bends but, I was willing to give up a few ponies for the look. The accurate system went in flawlessly for me also.

For a street driven non-show car a TTI X-pipe system would likely have been my first choice.

1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

HeavyFuel

Quote from: 694spdRT on October 17, 2005, 10:36:11 PM
I had only heard good things about TTI as well. The main reason I went with the Accurate system was for a true "stock" appearance. There is a performance edge to the TTI's due to the mandrel bends but, I was willing to give up a few ponies for the look. The accurate system went in flawlessly for me also.

For a street driven non-show car a TTI X-pipe system would likely have been my first choice.

Exactly what I picked up.  I heard that the x-pipe sounds real nice ,also.

Shakey

I plan on doing the TTi system install this weekend, if my system arrives this week, as it is supposed to.

I have heard nothing but positive about TTi - fit, form, function and install, from the members on this board.  As long as you can provide the casting #'s from your manifolds, there should be no problem.

BrianShaughnessy

There's nothing wrong with TTI systems... they work and fit great.    They are geared towards the performance sector.   They do have their own clamping and hanging methods.   About the only thing bad you'll ever hear from some people is they think they cost too much. 

Accurate is also a very, very good system geared towards the stock / restoration sector.   They're not cheap either.   

And there's lots of people that still owe me and Chryco lots of $1's from the old site for everybody that kept saying they wish they had bought the TTI headers instead of the crap they did get  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Brock Samson

I love my TTIs in fact i've had to drop them and reinstall them twice because of the frigging starter issues,.. and they mounted right back up with no leaks or play,.. but my "tip"     ;)   is to make sure you mount a "Mini" or "Race" starter and shield it with a wrap of Dynomat or whatever that insualting foil is called,..
cause it's sucks to have the starter heat sink and eventually crap out!
The other issue i keep reading about is muffler selection,.. Dynomax Vs Flowmaster...
oh,.. and there is a choice between H pipe and X pipe... (I got an H)
My thing though, is I wanna see pics of these accurate tips installed.. cause my 3 inchers simply stick out the back. gnarly but effective, I don't think the avarage joe even knows they are supposed to be square...   :icon_smile_big:

Shakey

I have a heat shield I bought from my Chrysler dealer.

And you are probably right about the average Joe not knowing squat about the exhaust tips.

charge-it

I used a complet gardner exhaust system on my 70 GTX and it fit perfectly. The complete system was exactly like the original system including a one piece h-pipe. Not one problem was encountered with their product or service. gardnerexhaust.com
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: charge-it on October 18, 2005, 06:24:05 PM
I used a complet gardner exhaust system on my 70 GTX and it fit perfectly. The complete system was exactly like the original system including a one piece h-pipe. Not one problem was encountered with their product or service. gardnerexhaust.com

Gardner is across the river from me over in Red Hook.   My old boss recommended them to me but all they do is stock type resto exhaust and I was looking for something else... like the 3" TTI X pipe deal I got  :icon_smile_cool:
If I was doing a stock resto I wouldn't hesitate to use them.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

694spdRT

I priced out gardner as well for a stock system. The guy I talked to referred to their system as "concours" correct so there is no doubt in my mind that they make quality products. As I expected they were more costly than both the TTi and Accurate systems. If I remember correctly the qoute was a little over a $1000.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

Shakey

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 18, 2005, 01:22:10 PM

My thing though, is I wanna see pics of these accurate tips installed.. cause my 3 inchers simply stick out the back. gnarly but effective, I don't think the avarage joe even knows they are supposed to be square...   :icon_smile_big:

Here are some photos for you Strat!

Shakey

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 18, 2005, 01:22:10 PM

If you wanna put Accurate exhaust tips on your stock TTi tail pipes you will have to grind off the bracket and cut some length off of the tail pipe.

I cut off 12" after measure and checking about 3 times.

Brock Samson

Gee, Thanks!
A couple things though,..
That's a really clean underside ya' got there Shakey, looks pretty darn good and clean, No Protection?..
I'd like to see some overall pics of your R/T S.E. too,.. Because with the the dog dishes and lack of a Vynal top it looks like a bare bones 318 in your little sig pic.. that's the spring special color ain't it?.. Tell us a story?...   ;D
  Are those rubber biscuts inbetween the flanges?.. Why the odd angle on that mounting bracket?.. shouldn't it be straight up and down?..
Does it look funny from outside the car?..
  'n can ya show how it looks from a lower 3/4 view Cause I like how organised the undercarrage normally looks ands I'm thinking those mounts off to the side like that would bug the crap outta me... So I see at the ends it a 3 " square,.. that's what i was concerned with, how that looks in a normal rear end shot, say from a following car... or from the sidewalk...
  Oh, & how bout a shot of your calanders up on the wall while your at it... ;)
  Nice pics thanks!!