News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vaya Con Dios, Mom.....>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, June 09, 2008, 12:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

My mom passed away this last Friday, and the services were today.

Thanks for all the well wishes, support, prayers and positive thoughts everyone.

It really means a lot to me that so many people drawn together by sometimes nothing more than love of Chargers would be so kind and empathetic.

You guys f'n rock.

Bar none.

BTW, since my mom helped me fund the purchase of my Chargers, it was only fitting that I drove to the cemetary in my '69.

She always loved them.

Thanks again everyone.

You have my respect and gratitude.

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

mikepmcs

Johnny,
Sorry for your loss.
Rest in Peace Mom.  :'(

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Lowprofile

Bro, I can't even imagine the pain & loss you are feeling at this time. I am so sorry for your loss. God Bless..... :angel: :'(
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

BB1

Take care, what a great Mom you had.  :angel: Remember the good times.  :yesnod:
Delete my profile

dads_69

Sorry to hear such news Johnny. Stay strong brother....

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Neal_J

Sorry to hear.  Condolences to you & your family, Johnny.

Peace,

Neal

Fitz73Chrgr

My condolences as well

She's in a better place now... :angel:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

TeeWJay426

Sorry for your loss.... you & your family are in my thoughts & prayers.  :engel016:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Blown70

Sorry to hear this.   Hopefully in a better place, good you could drive your car to the service. :2thumbs:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

skip68

Sorry for your loss! At least she is at peace now! :angel:
We lost a Very close family friend of more than 20+ years last week as well. It's tough. :pity:
God bless!
The Skip68's ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Chris G.

Very sorry to hear this Johnny.  :(  She's at peace if that's any sort of comfort.

Mefirst

Sorry to hear about your mum passing Johnny... :'(

Take care buddy...

/Tom

PS. Hope to chat with you soon again, its been a long time bro...

hemigeno

Johnny,

Very sorry to hear of your mom's passing.  I lost my mom to cancer about 18 months ago, and there's no good way to describe that kind of loss to people who haven't been through it.  It certainly helps to have good friends and family around - but losing someone close still hurts.  Hope we can lift your spirits in some way, even if it's just letting you know your family has our sympathy.

Geno

TruckDriver

Rest in peace Mom. Stay strong John. Driving the Charger was a cool thing to do :pity:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

71ChallengeHer

I'm so sorry for you loss.  RIP :angel:

Charger-Bodie

Very sorry to hear about you're loss. I'm sure she is watching over you still today.  :angel:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

RD

:'(  dude i am so sorry...  she will always look down on you  :angel:

God bless her and you.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Nacho-RT74

Sorry to read about!!! my condolences!!!

now need to keep on this life and made to feel her proud of you up there!!!!! :angel:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Skued

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Charger_Fan

Oh Man, I'm so sorry she didn't make it. :'(
She was lucky to have a Son who stuck by her through her hardest of times, it's not always that way. Your Mom raised a good guy. :pity:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

My condolences to you & your family Johnny.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger74

My condolences as well Johnny.  I know how you feel.  Lost my mom when I was 16.  Glad you were able to drive your car to the funeral.  I'm sure she really liked it....

Dodge Don

hemi68charger

Man Johnny... I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom........ I know you took care of her for so long... You are a great son and should be very proud of your efforts in taking care of her during her final years.. I know it isn't easy............ If you need anything, you know how to get ahold of me.........  I'm taking it you'll be remaining there in Dayton?

Best wishes to you and your sister and may God Bless you and your Mother...

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dans 68

You have my best thoughts and prayers with you on your Moms passing.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

my73charger

Sorry to hear about your loss Johnny.  My mom passed away about 2 1/2 years ago.  Not an easy loss at all.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Big Lebowski

:angel:  Sorry to hear that buddy.  :angel:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

69*F5*SE

You have my deepest sympathy brother. Hang in there.

mikesbbody

sorry to hear about your loss jonhhy  :'( it was a honor to meet you  :2thumbs:  you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers