News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nippondenso Alternator

Started by 71mopar383, June 08, 2008, 08:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71mopar383

Are the newer Nippondenso Alternator out of the late 90's trucks internalally regulated?   If so how would you wire it bypassing the regulator in place?   :scratchchin:

Plumcrazy

They are externally regulated so you can use whatever regulator you are using now.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

myk

Go ahead and do this 'mod, like right now.  Check out this thread with alot of tips from experienced members like 2Gunz and DKN1997, as well people like myself that just recently installed a 'Nippo 'alt...

71mopar383

I have it in the works now I was hoping not to use the ext regulator to just clean up the firewall but I guess not. :D

myk

Yeah, I think it's wierd that Chrysler used externally regulated 'alts well into the 2000 model years.  I read somewhere about the disadvantages of using a single wire, internally regulated 'alt, but whatever...

Plumcrazy

Quote from: 71mopar383 on June 10, 2008, 09:12:50 PM
I have it in the works now I was hoping not to use the ext regulator to just clean up the firewall but I guess not. :D

Just buy the one Mancini Racing sells.  It has an internal regulator and a single groove pulley already on it.  That's what I used.

dkn1997

Quote from: Plumcrazy on June 11, 2008, 05:48:05 AM

Just buy the one Mancini Racing sells.  It has an internal regulator and a single groove pulley already on it.  That's what I used.

I like the denso better. plus when I buy my alt at the junkyard, no matter how much it costs, i still feel like I cheated the "man" a bit...me likey
RECHRGED

Plumcrazy

Quote from: dkn1997 on June 12, 2008, 08:01:02 PM

I like the denso better. plus when I buy my alt at the junkyard, no matter how much it costs, i still feel like I cheated the "man" a bit...me likey

It is a Nippondenso alternator.  It's got the correct pulley and it's remaned in the USA
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/de60ampal.html

dkn1997

Quote from: Plumcrazy on June 13, 2008, 08:34:26 AM
Quote from: dkn1997 on June 12, 2008, 08:01:02 PM

It is a Nippondenso alternator.  It's got the correct pulley and it's remaned in the USA
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/de60ampal.html

170 bucks for a 60 amp alternator.  you can get a 90 amp or higher for way less at the junkyard and ebay.  I paid 75 for my 130 amp denso of an 02 ram van, brand new take off.  I've seen the 90 amps jobs go for 30 bucks.  plus I like the externally regulated alt setup. matches what's on the car.  only wiring change is to add a big fat charge wire from alt to the starter relay. bolts into the stock brackets nicely too.

also, if it takes a dump you can get one at any autoparts store in the english speaking world.
RECHRGED